The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Indeed, note how they included in their article about that lunch that Camilla also apparently sat with Diana prior to her marriage to Charles & advised her. DM had no real need to include that info except to stir it all up again & give some of their pro-Diana/anti-Camilla readers something to chew on. Best to just sort of ignore & move on.
Thats classic DM for you!!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Courtier

I am not sure if this story belongs in this thread feel free to move it.

Diane Clehane: Kate Middleton: The People's Princess 2.0?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

If I'm not mistaken, Queen Victoria was the first "People's Princess." So, Kate might be the People's Princess, v. 3.0.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary Adelaide was also known as The Peoples Princess. So Catherine's demoted to Version 4?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann
I am not sure if this story belongs in this thread feel free to move it.

Diane Clehane: Kate Middleton: The People's Princess 2.0?
I don't she will be any version.....

This constant comparasion to Diane makes me think of how Carolyn Kennedy was often compared to Jackie Kennedy when she first married JFK Jr....hope it will eventually die down as that did once it was clear that Carolyn was very much her own individual- of course you expect some but it doesn't need to be every article/fact
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I don't she will be any version.....

This constant comparasion to Diane makes me think of how Carolyn Kennedy was often compared to Jackie Kennedy when she first married JFK Jr....hope it will eventually die down as that did once it was clear that Carolyn was very much her own individual- of course you expect some but it doesn't need to be every article/fact
Oh my gosh - that's true. Good comparison
Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Princess Mary Adelaide was also known as The Peoples Princess. So Catherine's demoted to Version 4?
How could I forget Mary Adelaide; the people did love her.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Indeed, note how they included in their article about that lunch that Camilla also apparently sat with Diana prior to her marriage to Charles & advised her. DM had no real need to include that info except to stir it all up again & give some of their pro-Diana/anti-Camilla readers something to chew on. Best to just sort of ignore & move on.
Well, I spontaneously thought that maybe William thought: If only my mom had headed Camilla's advice.... And then Catherine thought that it's never useless to listen to the advice of people who were there....
Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Article from People about Kate's visit to the ballet with Prince Charles and Camilla to see Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Kate Middleton Attends Ballet with Charles and Camilla : People.com
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
Article from People about Kate's visit to the ballet with Prince Charles and Camilla to see Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Kate Middleton Attends Ballet with Charles and Camilla : People.com
I wish we could have seen a photo of Catherine dressed for the ballet.

Nice to see her going out with her future in-laws.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I wish we could have seen a photo of Catherine dressed for the ballet.

Nice to see her going out with her future in-laws.
I agree it is reassuring to see Catherine being accepted into the heart of the Wales family. It is also useful to note that this family is not as dysfunctional as some may suggest.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps PoW and DoC are filling up her social calendar to keep her out of "The Box" nightclub where all her cousins-to-be have been hanging out.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Perhaps PoW and DoC are filling up her social calendar to keep her out of "The Box" nightclub where all her cousins-to-be have been hanging out.
I was sure that was the motivation!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It looks like anything worn by Kate is sure to be a trendsetter. Just saw this listed and thought I'd post it. I'm really happy for designer that made this outfit for a college assignment.

Kate Middleton's Sheer Dress Sells For $125,890 At Auction
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi
It looks like anything worn by Kate is sure to be a trendsetter. Just saw this listed and thought I'd post it. I'm really happy for designer that made this outfit for a college assignment.

Oh man, I hope this sheer dress doesn't actually become a trend
Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

Oh man- weren't the pre-auction estimates something like 14,000?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Majesty

I'm surprised by how much the dress sold for given that Kate's still a fiancee and not a member of the RF yet. I guess it shows how much her star has risen in the last few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

If not for twitter I don't think we would've ever know that they were there
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Since this is a very "Historic" piece worn in a St Andrews Charity Fundraiser in 2002 and the dedicated followers of fashion are snapping up any of the "Ready to Wear" outfits by Issa et al that Kate has been seen wearing circa 2010/2011, I don't think there is much danger of that!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...g-charity.html

Kate was bullied in school

Closed Thread