British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
H.M.The Queen on a military visit to Fife in Scotland .

Thanks iceflower! :flowers:

Our matchless Queen looks great, and that smile of hers can melt icebergs.

Videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen and the Duke of Kent meeting some of the RSDGs (Edward's old regiment where he served for 20 years and he had his Lt Colonels uniform on. Must have been weird for him what with them carrying their Icon of the Tsar around everywhere looking like his brother

ETA nice touch with her wearing grey for the day

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only spotted Sir Tim Lawrence walking behind the Princess Royal at the end of the video :previous:

Thanks Rudolph & iceflower! :flowers:

So, here she is again in full regalia/robes on what I understand is a very hot day in Edinburgh, not bad at 92.
And when you think about it, most 92-year-olds would never have managed to pull that off, would they? - Yes, she is used to it, but she doesn't wear it that often, so hats of to her (again).

All I could think of watching the video is that with all that regalia on and in the heat, it must be pretty draining. On top of that, all that regalia adds extra weight that puts more pressure on the knees. I cringed when HM approached the steps but down them she went with grace and dignity.

How nice was it that she was accompanied by William at her side and riding with her in the car. They had a lot to catch up on after William's Middle Eastern tour but just seeing grandmother and grandson together was heartwarming.

Anne looked every bit as regal. Quite the family outing in Scotland. :D

I have always loved the gorgeous robes of the Order of the Thistle (since I had a collecting doll of the Queen wearing the gorgeous velvet train) But how heavy that train must be, and she carries this off along with the other regalia with such aplomb. Some lovely footage in the car with William as they drive away looking happy, and as said previously, Anne looks so regal.

I have always loved the gorgeous robes of the Order of the Thistle (since I had a collecting doll of the Queen wearing the gorgeous velvet train) But how heavy that train must be, and she carries this off along with the other regalia with such aplomb. Some lovely footage in the car with William as they drive away looking happy, and as said previously, Anne looks so regal.

QEII carries this off with pages. Literally. :lol:

And the Thistle is my favorite of the Robes for Orders!

I searched everywhere for that info, where did you find it? :flowers:

It was present at the Thistle Service and the name was in the Order of Service Booklet.

However the name was also published in the Court Circular.

Last edited:
I thought there will be other members of the royal family attending as well? I know at least the Wessexes were on the list when this was first tweeted by royal correspondents.

I thought there will be other members of the royal family attending as well? I know at least the Wessexes were on the list when this was first tweeted by royal correspondents.

The twitter feed of Westminster Abbey has released the PDF for the Order of Service and it lists all those attending. It even mentions The Duchess of Cambridge, who I didn’t think was going.

Basically “the usual suspects” are all good but the BBC are now only interested in mentioning the famous ones.

A nice moment among the Kents. The Duke of Kent must have suffered some kind of uniform malfunction because Princess Michael is hovering over him and adjusting his Garter sash.

What an impressive flypast! I even clapped all the way from the Midwest.

Thank you iceflower for posting the photos and links. Some really lovely photos there!

Why didn’t they announce Kate as coming though? They obviously knew ahead of time given she was in the OOS.

Can’t wait to watch videos when I am off work!

Why didn’t they announce Kate as coming though? They obviously knew ahead of time given she was in the OOS.

Can’t wait to watch videos when I am off work!

Her attendance wasn’t announced because she’s on maternity leave. She’s going to start popping up on occasions until she’s officially back.

The twitter feed of Westminster Abbey has released the PDF for the Order of Service and it lists all those attending. It even mentions The Duchess of Cambridge, who I didn’t think was going.

Basically “the usual suspects” are all good but the BBC are now only interested in mentioning the famous ones.

I see. I'm a little frustrated by this as it would be nice to have a easy place to find all those attending. And what was going on on the balcony today? I only saw pics from the center which included HM, Prince Charles' family, Prince Andrew, and Sophie (although only a few had Sophie). Did they have the extended members on the balcony as well, or no?

I see. I'm a little frustrated by this as it would be nice to have a easy place to find all those attending. And what was going on on the balcony today? I only saw pics from the center which included HM, Prince Charles' family, Prince Andrew, and Sophie (although only a few had Sophie). Did they have the extended members on the balcony as well, or no?

See photo posted by ACO--full contingent of royals on the balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom