British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spotted the Duchess of Gloucester in some of the photos nice to see her present.

I think Harry and Meghan will take the Commonwealth by storm now and into the future. Of course with the help of the Cambridge’s too.

I wouldn’t have recognized Sir Lenny- love him!

Hasn't he been diagnosed with a diabetic condition and consequently has lost a lot of weight? i agree he looks as if his face has become gaunt. Glad to see him there though!

Harty's speech was full of enthusiasm for his new role, and I'm sure he and Meghan are looking forward to seeing as much of the Commonwealth as possible in the coming years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Beckham still going after his Knighthood? He just loves rubbing shoulders with the royals.

There was such a to do about him actively wanting a knighthood I genuinly don’t think it's on the cards for a long while yet.

Princess Anne and the Duke of Kent, both as Royal Fellows of The Royal Academy of Engineering, attended the Academy's Awards Dinner at The Pavilion, Tower of London, yesterday, June 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Another big royal family event with balcony appearance. I guess The Sussexes will head straight for the airport after that.

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
BIG royal outing: The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Edward will attend a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force on July 10, ahead of #HarryandMeghan's visit to Dublin.

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
The Queen and Prince of Wales will then present a new Queen's Colour to the @RoyalAirForce on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace and make a short speech. Members of the Royal Family will then view a flypast and Feu de Joie from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

HOLYROOD WEEK: The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Cambridge and the Princess Royal, will attend the Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral @StGilesHighKirk in Edinburgh next Friday, 6th July, for the installation of the Duke of Buccleuch and Queensberry and Sir Ian Wood.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter

Another big royal family event with balcony appearance. I guess The Sussexes will head straight for the airport after that.

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
BIG royal outing: The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Edward will attend a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force on July 10, ahead of #HarryandMeghan's visit to Dublin.

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
The Queen and Prince of Wales will then present a new Queen's Colour to the @RoyalAirForce on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace and make a short speech. Members of the Royal Family will then view a flypast and Feu de Joie from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

I have read somewhere that Catherine will be there too.

So good to see the Sussex’s and the Duke of Cambridge enjoying a day out at polo with friends.

The RAF 100 event, why is Kate not going? I found no articles saying she is and she is a future queen.

If she doesn't go, it's likely because she's still on maternity leave. It's standard in the UK for women to take upwards of a year off work when they have a baby. Kate won't take anything like that amount of time of course.

I've seen some people suggest the lady in the white shirt and pink skirt is Mark Dyers wife and the little boy Meghan was pictured rolling the ball to was Jasper Dyer but I don't think they look similar at all. Do we know who the lady and presumably her son is?

Last edited:
HM, accompanied by The Duke of York & The Earl of Wessex, looked as great as ever when she hosted a Garden Party in the beautiful grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse today. - From the Royal Family's twitter account:

photos 1 to 5 - photo 6

No articles/galleries yet.

Last edited:
If she doesn't go, it's likely because she's still on maternity leave. It's standard in the UK for women to take upwards of a year off work when they have a baby. Kate won't take anything like that amount of time of course.

She is. It was announced that Catherine will take up her royal duties again not before the end of summer (Trooping the Colour was an exception. The only real outing will be at the family gathering for her new son s christening).

I only wonder why William is not joining her in parental leave... They could split it up (very common in Germany and I think in the scandinavian countries). This would be a real signal for gender equality (and modern monarchy!). I hope, at least in the western world, where mum stays at home nursing the little ones while Dad goes out hunting are well and truely over...! ?;)

L9I don't think it would be taken well by the British. Especially not with this timing. He finally is working as a full-time royal and would take months off just to be with his family?

He didn't need to recover from labour nor does Louis depend on him for breastfeeding. So, equality sounds nice and fathers definitely need more opportunities to spend time with their families. However, it wouldn't be equal to give the father's the same treatment as the mothers who just gave birth and have a baby that depends on them for milk (in most cases) especially in the first few months. Splitting additional parental leave is different but these first few months are a necessity imo for mother and child.

Last edited:
Let’s move on from the discussion of Kate’s maternity leave (and William’s lack of paternity leave), which is off topic to this thread.

H.M.The Queen accompanied by HRH The Duke of York and HRH The Earl of Wessex attended a RAF Squadron reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh from yesterday.

Last edited:
Today, the NHS turns 70!

The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex are attending events to mark the occasion in Wales, Scotland and England. More to follow later...

Via Royal Family Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom