British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like she has to be absolutely perfect, but I bet if Meghan did everything perfectly by the most judgmental standard, those standards would shift and probably accuse her of showing off or being too eager to get it right or some such thing.

If Meghan never made a mistake and did everything in public view flawlessly and was seen to be loved and admired by HM, The Queen, it wouldn't be long before the detractors would start bleating "She's trying to take over being the Queen from HM with her "perfect act".

Some people you just want to be right next to and have a huge investment in pearl necklace repair companies because you see it coming as sure as lawyers chasing after ambulances for a "personal damage lawsuit". There is just no way a negative person can see a positive thing. Its their nature. :D

Whatever Meghan is or is not, I would never call either her or Harry immature for their age. Perhaps a little projecting?

I'm really getting tired of the personal attacks, I do wish you'd all stop. If you don't like my opinion, click the ignore button. I find it quite handy myself. But don't attack me personally, it's against forum rules and it also shows that your argument/position is weak when you stoop to name calling on other posters.

Love the dress without the cape.

LaRae

Seeing the dress without the cape made me appreciate the cape more. I love this overall look for Meghan. The Queen is also looking lovely in her spring get-up. What other events are coming up? I've just got my ahead above water after a few weeks of projects, so I'm not sure.

Seeing the dress without the cape made me appreciate the cape more. I love this overall look for Meghan. The Queen is also looking lovely in her spring get-up. What other events are coming up? I've just got my ahead above water after a few weeks of projects, so I'm not sure.

The Garter Service is coming up on Monday and then Royal Ascot week.

I'm really getting tired of the personal attacks, I do wish you'd all stop. If you don't like my opinion, click the ignore button. I find it quite handy myself. But don't attack me personally, it's against forum rules and it also shows that your argument/position is weak when you stoop to name calling on other posters.

Well, stating that someone is disrespectful for asking and clarifying about entering a car is also a personal attack. You can't have it both ways.

Picture:
The Queen and Duchess of Sussex on their way to lunch in Chester-

The Queen and Meghan sans coat and cape.
Thank you Dman, that is a much better view of both HM and Meghan. I really like Meghan's sheath both with and without the capelet and HM's dress is the epitome of Spring and the greens suit her so well.

The truth is that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussex’s day of official engagements in Chester was a huge success. What’s even more precious is that the two senior royal ladies spent some quality time together on the Royal Train. They clearly enjoyed each other’s company and I know Harry must’ve looked at the coverage with a great deal of happiness.

Meghan passed the test! ?

I feel very sure Harry was as glued to the live stream as many of us were ?

This is one occasion where I am absolutely thrilled to have been wrong. At first, it was my opinion that after the marriage, Harry and Meghan would be given time, like William and Kate did, to adjust to married life and then slowly work their way into doing more and more royal engagements. I really have been proven wrong haven't i?

This is another fantastic engagement for the couple that comes right almost on the heels of the wedding with Meghan already doing a trip with the Queen, a few foreign visits in the works and now seeing Harry and Meghan with the Queen for the Young Leaders Awards banquet at BP. Getting right in there and getting busy with Harry's new role as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador with Meghan by his side.

Yes I am too looking forward to this engagement next week!

Interestingly, Suhani Jalota, who founded The Myna Mahila Foundation, was one of the winners for the Queen's Young Leader Awards in 2017.

Last edited:
This is one occasion where I am absolutely thrilled to have been wrong. At first, it was my opinion that after the marriage, Harry and Meghan would be given time, like William and Kate did, to adjust to married life and then slowly work their way into doing more and more royal engagements. I really have been proven wrong haven't i?

This is another fantastic engagement for the couple that comes right almost on the heels of the wedding with Meghan already doing a trip with the Queen, a few foreign visits in the works and now seeing Harry and Meghan with the Queen for the Young Leaders Awards banquet at BP. Getting right in there and getting busy with Harry's new role as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador with Meghan by his side.

Well, from what we’ve seen in their engagement interview, Meghan was really serious about getting down to work. Harry being out of the military and pretty much focused on royal duties, Commonwealth and the Invictus Games, give the couple a lot of work to do.

This keeps being repeated but it’s two different situations. 2 months after William and Kate were married they embarked on the most publicised Canadian tour in 30 years. They then went to Los Angeles.

What was different 7 years ago was William was stationed in northern Wales as a SAR pilot. Just like Harry was in the Army. He was doing like maybe 30 engagements a year, if that.

There was a skeleton staff looking after them. Nothing like the fully functioning KP we see today.

So it wasn’t they needed time to ‘adjust’ but it was just a different period to where H&M are now.

If Meghan married Harry 7 years ago her start to royal life would be very different than it is now.

In 2012 Kate did over 100 engagements. She was exactly hiding away.

This keeps being repeated but it’s two different situations. 2 months after William and Kate were married they embarked on the most publicised Canadian tour in 30 years. They then went to Los Angeles.

What was different 7 years ago was William was stationed in northern Wales as a SAR pilot. Just like Harry was in the Army. He was doing like maybe 30 engagements a year, if that.

There was a skeleton staff looking after them. Nothing like the fully functioning KP we see today.

So it wasn’t they needed time to ‘adjust’ but it was just a different period to where H&M are now.

If Meghan married Harry 7 years ago her start to royal life would be very different than it is now.

In 2012 Kate did over 100 engagements. She was exactly hiding away.

Plus, they're hardly putting in a major shift are they? What else are they doing this week other than 1 day at Ascot? People need to keep things in perspective.

In 2012 Kate did over 100 engagements. She was [NOT]exactly hiding away.

Exactly. Also, the Queen had not begun to cut back on her engagements and Philip was still full time too. Many things were different.

Plus, they're hardly putting in a major shift are they? What else are they doing this week other than 1 day at Ascot? People need to keep things in perspective.

Let's do put it into perspective. I'd like to see the total number of engagements for all marrying into the royal family from engagement (when the engagements start) to one month mark. I have a feeling it will show Meghan has jumped in quite quickly. Let's give credit where credit is due. We don't have to say it's amazing, but let's not try to minimize.

Last edited:
Another thought has come to mind here too. We know that the royal engagements of the BRF are not pulled out of a hat at the time these engagements are announced. They're planned well ahead of time and then announced as the time for the engagement approaches.

What this makes me realize is that most likely, the trips and the engagements have been in the works for quite a while already. This indicates to me that Meghan's involvement in these things (whether or not they're something to remark about or not) were planned on *before* the wedding and she was a royal spouse.

Just shows me that this is a woman ready and eager to jump right in and start doing what her new life is to entail. :D

Very exciting news. I’m so happy to see Meghan walking the talk. She said she wanted to get out there and she is.

William did 85 actually based on a very quick count I just did - not a lot behind where he is after 6 months this year.

They not only went to Canada and the USA but also to Denmark.

I've said it before but some would do well to remember that Meghan was living a very different life just two years ago. So much of royal life is completely foreign to her yet she hasn't asked for even a few months to let it all sink in. And if any spouse were ever deserving of a "time out" after his/her wedding, it's Meghan. But she is pushing forward, taking on some of the more high profile engagements, even knowing that many are watching her every move...some of whom are waiting, hoping for her to make a big mistake. How she has managed to not only keep it all together but also impress many in the process is amazing to me. This is most definitely something that should not be minimized.

If I'm not mistaken, once upon a time Meghan stated that she would rather be a "woman that works" than a "lady that lunches". Perhaps she feels the best way to get into the swing of things and learn the royal ropes is by experiencing it hands on.

While it is true that this is a role that she's not familiar with and most definitely has all eyes on her to find anything amiss, she gets an A for effort from me. She also seems to be enjoying doing what she does.

What else would she say though? I read an article in the newspaper just a few days ago that referred to Meghan as “achingly right on” and an “inveterate virtue-signaller”. That’s not a put down but just the way Meghan is.

I’m not going to rehash up thread comments but there’s a certain narrative that gets pushed about Meghan and Harry ‘hitting the ground running’ as if it’s something earth shattering.

The shade that gets thrown at other royals who were at entirely different points in their lives to H&M isn’t very clever imo

KP said after their engagement that they’d being doing this sort of thing to give Meghan some familiarity with U.K.

My main point is though that there’s nothing else to expect. Harry is a full-time royal and Meghan is expected to be one also.

I’m not going to rehash up thread comments but there’s a certain narrative that gets pushed about Meghan and Harry ‘hitting the ground running’ as if it’s something earth shattering.

KP said after their engagement that they’d being doing this sort of thing to give Meghan some familiarity with U.K.

My main point is though that there’s nothing else to expect. Harry is a full-time royal and Meghan is expected to be one also.

It's one thing when they are doing public events, even though I'd argue that she's gone to far more events than just a typical get to know you tour that we typically see (how many events do they need to do in London? I get various parts of UK get a event, but they've gone far beyond that). On top of that, some stuff has gotten out that clearly showed she has done much more behind the scenes than we've seen previously. She's done private visits on her own which were not announced to the press, but really for her to get involved with some issues. There are reports from various outlets that there has been a lot of private meetings behind the scenes for her to get to know the charity landscape in UK.

It's frustrating that whenever someone says something good about Meghan hitting the ground running that others have to jump in and somehow minimize it. People have ALWAYS jumped in and argue about it when that's brought up even when it has nothing to do with other royals, but simply commenting on Meghan hitting the ground running.

And I fully disagree that it's expected. Wasn't it William that said there is no such thing as full time and part time royal within the Firm? Nor is there any rule about what speed they have to do it. And I would think taking it easy at this point wouldn't be an issue for anyone other than those that would have issues with her regardless. Especially considering how much life changes this woman has made in a short period of time. It is commendable that she seems to be able to adapt very well to everything quickly.

It might not be earth shattering, but it certainly isn't expected right away. So it's a nice for those of us that follow them.

Last edited:
:previous:I agree that is the Duchess of Gloucester sitting next to Meghan tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom