British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone that has posted wonderful pictures of the joint engagement today. It looks like Meghan is well aware of protocol when attending an event with the Queen but there are a few snaps that show that these two women are beyond having just a "formal" relationship. In some pictures (especially the one Royal Norway has pointed out), Meghan almost looks like a granddaughter doting on her grandmother.

Its wonderful that there is such recognition in memory of those that were affected by the fire at Grenfell Tower a year ago.

. In some pictures (especially the one Royal Norway has pointed out), Meghan almost looks like a granddaughter doting on her grandmother.

I believe Meghan is someone who has a lot fo warm feelings for family and a wish to heal wounds. That's what Harry needs and that what she can give to Her Majesty. I believe the Queen recognizes that, that is deep felt but , due to the facts of her new life, needs to be adapted to a Royal life. They will show her, but they won't try to break her into the Royal mould like they did with her late mother-in-law. And thus far, it seems as if they all delight in her. (You know, there are people like that! Who don't have a bad thought against others without being naive or easily influecible by negative people. I am married to such a man. I am so fortunate!!! As is Harry and his family!)

ITN videos of our beautiful amazing Queen (as one said it on twitter) and Meghan of course, who did a great job in accompanying HM today:

I read elsewhere that the only 'bobble' was Meghan was unsure if the Queen was to get into the car first or herself so she simply asked the Queen her preference ..and was told to get in first (by the Queen).

LaRae

:previous: This is another asset that Meghan has in her repertoire. When in doubt, ask questions and get to the heart of the matter and resolve the problem. I like that. :D

I believe Meghan is someone who has a lot fo warm feelings for family and a wish to heal wounds. That's what Harry needs and that what she can give to Her Majesty. I believe the Queen recognizes that, that is deep felt but , due to the facts of her new life, needs to be adapted to a Royal life. They will show her, but they won't try to break her into the Royal mould like they did with her late mother-in-law. And thus far, it seems as if they all delight in her. (You know, there are people like that! Who don't have a bad thought against others without being naive or easily influecible by negative people. I am married to such a man. I am so fortunate!!! As is Harry and his family!)

The bolded part is for another thread. ? Meanwhile, I agree that the marriage between Prince Harry and Meghan is in and of itself a healing for the royal family on a number of levels. The royals have been in the process for some time of learning from the wounds of the past. Even Kate (as an upper middle class British commoner) joining the royals was a relaxation of rigid royal traditions. The marriage of Lady Davina Windsor to Gary Lewis of New Zealand might also be seen as a kind of redemption for the disastrous fate her Uncle William of Gloucester suffered in being denied the right to marry the woman he loved during the early 1970s. That royals can now marry for love is a good thing, and it does make for stronger, happier couples and families within the royal firm.

Last edited:
It's good chemistry, but I am already getting annoyed by a 36 year old acting like a little girl who has never seen crowds or cameras before or knows nothing about the BRF.

I read elsewhere that the only 'bobble' was Meghan was unsure if the Queen was to get into the car first or herself so she simply asked the Queen her preference ..and was told to get in first (by the Queen).

LaRae

Ignore the title but here's a video:
Awkward moment the Queen lets Meghan Markle get into the car first | Daily Mail Online

They approach the car Meghan is told by an RPO to go in first but The Queen is in front of her. Meghan is doing what anyone would and allow The Queen to go first, The Queen then looks towards Meghan who then asks what's her preference and Meghan goes first. Frankly I think it's a lovely interaction as opposed to a faux pas.

to me it looks like the queen is enjoying the company of the duchess. I think, harry married the right one.

From Neil Henderson of BBC.

Neil Henderson

Verified account

@hendopolis
4h4 hours ago
More
They’re on her like the CIA with a hangover and all they can get her for is maybe the wrong door on a car. Hats off to you #Meghan anyway it’s only Cheshire.

I just love the photos of Meghan and HM from Cheshire. Meghan seems to be one of those people who is easy to get along with, as she appears to share warm relationships with many of her in-laws. It's clear that the two were both enjoying themselves today. ?

From Neil Henderson of BBC.

Neil Henderson

Verified account

@hendopolis
4h4 hours ago
More
They’re on her like the CIA with a hangover and all they can get her for is maybe the wrong door on a car. Hats off to you #Meghan anyway it’s only Cheshire.

? :lol:

Meanwhile Meghan is clearly in her element and having the time of her life, despite the OTT examination with a microscope by all and sundry... ?

It's fun following it all, but of course, no matter what any of us think or like, Meghan is on the inside of the royal firm, as the newest member of this prestigious family. The rest of us are on the outside looking in, and we only get to see what they allow us to see. ;)

Last edited:
Comments about Meghan's role in the royal family, have been moved to her future duties, roles and responsibilities thread.

It's good chemistry, but I am already getting annoyed by a 36 year old acting like a little girl who has never seen crowds or cameras before or knows nothing about the BRF.

Many/most people enjoy the sight of a lovely and ebullient young woman who is enjoying her new life, and sharing her joy with those around her. Perhaps you would prefer a grumpy sourpuss in this position?

Many/most people enjoy the sight of a lovely and ebullient young woman who is enjoying her new life, and sharing her joy with those around her. Perhaps you would prefer a grumpy sourpuss in this position?

I think she’s genuine. She’s enjoying herself and it shows. I don’t want her to be robotic and removed from the common folks. I want her to remain the person who has seemingly charmed the BRF (at least, the ones that are in her direct sphere).

Why would you be annoyed at both the Queen and the Duchess enjoying themselves? And the crowds doing the same? Is that somehow a sign that all involved know nothing about the BRF?

Who is doing this? On which engagement? IMHO this can't be about Meghan, for sure, because there's nothing little girlish about her behaviour.

I thought this engagement couldn't have gone better. Meghan and The Queen had clearly great time together, the crowds were huge, and it was a total success.

Last edited:
Omid had a video of HMQ and DOS on the balcony to cheers and applause. The Queen said something and the Duchess responded, I am surprised the tabloids haven't brought out their lip readers yet. :lol: Both look quite happy to be there.

Who is doing this? On which engagement? IMHO this can't be about Meghan, for sure, because there's nothing little girlish about her behaviour.

I thought this engagement couldn't have gone better. Meghan and The Queen had clearly great time together, the crowds were huge, and it was a total success.

Or know nothing about the BRF because she handled the entire trip without a misstep. Even though the headlines about breaking royal protocol was likely already on the template ahead of time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

HM has good chemistry with everyone in public, it's part of her job as head of the family to appear at ease with those around her. Meghan appeared nonplussed and awkward at the car, it's really not okay not to know the basic rules of royal etiquette no matter if the Queen smoothed it over or not.

Regarding Meghan's demeanor, I have always found her very immature for her age, but I find Harry to be the same way, so they're a good match in that sense.

I think it was very clever, that the Queen travelled with Meghan. I mean it was sure a big question for lot of people - also for me -, what she is really thinking about Harry's choice, did she really accept her or only because of the love for Harry tolerates she her. And with this trip we can see, that they understand each other wonderfully! It is great, that Meghan can learn her first official steps from the Queen!

HM has good chemistry with everyone in public, it's part of her job as head of the family to appear at ease with those around her. Meghan appeared nonplussed and awkward at the car, it's really not okay not to know the basic rules of royal etiquette no matter if the Queen smoothed it over or not.

Regarding Meghan's demeanor, I have always found her very immature for her age, but I find Harry to be the same way, so they're a good match in that sense.

The car entrance was a nonissue. Prince Philip is known to let The Queen get in first and he then would crawl in past her to get to his seat. None of it matters, just as long the person don’t sit on the right side, which is where The Queen sits. Meghan was just showing curtesy to her grandmother-in-law.

Not everything is a royal etiquette lesson. The royals are more relaxed than most would like to think.

There is no etiquette saying one gets into the car before the higher ranking royal.

Even a lot of royal correspondents and commentators are tired of the constant jump to "breaking protocol" at the slightest thing.

It was a blip in the day...a situation that happened over a few seconds and it was not a goof or even a big deal..there was not 'covering' up anything...the question was asked and answered..they moved on from there. You are simply insistent in making mountains out of molehills.

LaRae

Where is this video about this "car misadventure"? I didn't find it... :( Can anybody post it? Thanks!

Where is this video about this "car misadventure"? I didn't find it... :( Can anybody post it? Thanks!

The entire situation starts at 1:03 mark if you want to skip the screaming before then. Meghan was walking up and the RPO informed her to stay on this side as she was about to walk towards the other side (I'm not sure if this is a security issue or if only one side is allowed with the Queen's car, I've seen both sides being used by others) and she walked up. There was already a slight confusion there before she event came up as HM had plenty of time to get in the car first as she's done before if she wished. The guy that was waiting at the car door and holding her blanket also had a moment of confusion and leaned down to talk to The Queen. In another video I've seen, there was already an exchange going on between the Queen and that guy before Meghan walked up to HM.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-queen-arrive-chester-12703734

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom