British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why...she's done everything in stride...nothing seems to have fazed her much since the Christmas appearance, which is the only time I've really seen her look nervous.

LaRae

Yeah, this is a different thing. She's had Harry with her on all her public appearances so far to start with. She'll be desperate I'm sure to make a good impression on HMQ, to not embarrass her or herself, to impress HM as well as those she meets.

Spending hours 1-1 with HM on the Royal Train before it will also surely be daunting. I have no doubt the Queen will do her very best to reassure her and make her feel relaxed, but to be on public display alongside the institution that is HMQ, knowing she and everyone else will be watching every minute thing that goes on, that's bound to make even the most confident person nervous.

I’m sure she’ll be fine. Her appearances to date have really just amounted to being a plus one. This upcoming engagement will be The Queen’s show. Meghan just has to smile and shake hands.

It’s not rocket science.

I'm sure no one expected her to do solo engagements while she wasn't even a member of the Royal Family, right? I mean, she has been a Royal less than a month.

I'm eager to see this engagement happen. A short walk about too.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a different thing. She's had Harry with her on all her public appearances so far to start with. She'll be desperate I'm sure to make a good impression on HMQ, to not embarrass her or herself, to impress HM as well as those she meets.

Spending hours 1-1 with HM on the Royal Train before it will also surely be daunting. I have no doubt the Queen will do her very best to reassure her and make her feel relaxed, but to be on public display alongside the institution that is HMQ, knowing she and everyone else will be watching every minute thing that goes on, that's bound to make even the most confident person nervous.

She may be very comfortable with the Queen...we really don't know how much time they have spent together behind the scenes. We know they have some sort of rapport due to the dog connection.

A week from today ..should be interesting viewing!

LaRae

Court Circular 8 June

The Prince of Wales Colonel, Welsh Guards, this evening presided over a Conference attended by the Colonels of the Regiments of the Household Division and subsequently entertained the Colonels to Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Also present

Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards

Duke of York, Colonel, Grenadier Guards

Princess Royal, Colonel, The Blues and Royals

Duke of Kent, Colonel, Scots Guards

FM The Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank, Colonel, Life Guards

L-Gen Sir James Bucknell, Colonel, Coldstream Guards

Via Cepe Smith Twitter

Last edited:
a question: won ´t there be a gathering of the knights of the Garter again? I´m not sure, but I think it didn´t take place last year as well, did it?

Am I the only one that’s excited that The Queen and the Duchess of Sussex will be spending some quality time together on the Royal Train this evening? They’ll be heading off to Cheshire overnight.

Last edited:
Am I the only that’s excited that The Queen and the Duchess of Sussex will be spending some quality time together on the Royal Train this evening? They’ll be heading off to Cheshire overnight.

I'm also excited about this visit. :flowers:

a question: won ´t there be a gathering of the knights of the Garter again? I´m not sure, but I think it didn´t take place last year as well, did it?

It'll happen this year. Last year's was cancelled due to State Opening of Parliament.

Am I the only one that’s excited that The Queen and the Duchess of Sussex will be spending some quality time together on the Royal Train this evening? They’ll be heading off to Cheshire overnight.

SUPER excited. Do we know when they'll depart? Will we see them come off of the train tomorrow like we do when Queen goes to Sandringham?

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll happen this year. Last year's was cancelled due to State Opening of Parliament.

SUPER excited. Do we know when they'll depart? Will we see them come off of the train tomorrow like we do when Queen goes to Sandringham?

We will likely see them depart the Royal Train tomorrow and then on to their official engagements.

Thank you Dman and Lumutqueen. Some heavy wind gusts expected later, I understand. Hope they'll be safe and warm inside when that happens.

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

I’m in the area and we’re currently approaching 40mph winds.

The Queen is in Stewart Parvin with Rachel Trevor-Morgan hat, Meghan is in Givenchy.

Last edited:
Great photo of Her Majesty,God only knows what was said!

Nice to see them both! Good chemistry!

Last edited:
As I’ve written before currently experience gusts of up to 60mph here in the north west, which have been predicted for at least 2-3 days. They are due to die down late afternoon but I’m very surprised Meghan didn’t do something with her.

These are great pictures. Ah, love them. HM's smile is adorable..

Her Majesty has been praised today for wearing Green. It is a year since the Grenfell tragedy and at the time a hashtag #greenforgrenfell was widely used. Green has been worn my many members of the public today in memory.

It’s so sweet that Meghan is wearing her pearl earrings that were a gift from The Queen today. Buckingham Palace confirmed it.

The queen seems to smile a lot when she interacts with Meghan. I'm sure they had a good conversation yesterday evening on their train ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great pics coming out of today's engagements. These two seem to be getting on really well! Wonderful to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom