British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish the Queen would wear a seat belt like her granddaughter is doing. Not only is she breaking the law (unless she has a medical certificate saying there is a medical reason why she can't wear one) but it sets a bad example. Seat belts save lives and health.

Not that I'm defending not using a seatbelt, and I agree that one should. However, if they are on private land, that's not breaking any law.

I would bet my last garlic roll that this is the case. They were on private land. Usually when the Queen is traveling on public roads, she'll have a driver and be all bundled up in the back seat. Seat belts and all.

Not that I'm defending not using a seatbelt, and I agree that one should. However, if they are on private land, that's not breaking any law.

Thanks Jacqui, I didn't realise they were on private land. My mistake.

The Queen certainly isn't up there for her summer trip yet. Trooping of the color and Ascot she isn't going to miss.

Her 'official summer holiday' starts in August with a visit to the guards. But she often goes up a few days early. But not this early. Seems she and the Wessexes decided to spend a long weekend up there.

She will be staying at Craigowan. She stays there whenever she goes to Balmoral when the castle is open to the public.

I thought she went there in July?

LaRae

The main summer break is from late July to early October.

The Queen and other members of the family do go up at other times e.g. Charles and Camilla are usually there from Christmas Day afternoon to well into the New Year (Camilla not always all that time but Charles is), along with the Easter break for two or three weeks e.g. this year they were there from Easter which was 1st April and still there after Louis was born on the 23rd with the odd visit elsewhere but based at Birkhall.

The Queen does go up for the odd long weekend.

As for the seatbelt - she never wears one arguing that people want to see her and that a shoulder belt would obscure the view. She may, however, be wearing a lap belt which can't be seen. I have a couple of elderly friends who have medical permission to only have lap belts in their cars due to the issues caused by shoulder belts on their health.

Queen Elizabeth hosted a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace today, May 31.

The Duke of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Princess Eugenie were present as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** dailymail: Rockstar royal! The Queen, 92, looks trendy in a pair of sunglasses and is mobbed by supporters..**

** dailymail: Royal romantic! Bride-to-be Princess Eugenie makes a statement with a hat emblazoned with the word 'love'..**

Last edited:
The Queen hosts Buckingham Palace garden party alongside Prince William

Last edited:
Is this area the place for garden parties? Looks like the same area where they had that other party earlier in the week.

Is this area the place for garden parties? Looks like the same area where they had that other party earlier in the week.

Indeed, this is the main garden at BP. They had a garden party to commemorate the PoW's 70th a few weeks ago.

Princess Eugenie was mentioned in the CC for this event

It’s the Epsom Derby today so I imagine we all see the Queen and occasionally other family members go. Does the Queen have any runners this year?

The Chester Chronicle is reporting that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussex will undertake engagements in Chester on June 14, 2018. I don't believe I've seen this reported anywhere else yet.

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/...ghan-markle-queen-chester-storyhouse-14740165

UPDATE: It's under FE on the royal family website.

It’s under the official Royal Diary. Yes, The Queen accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex will conduct engagements in Chester. It’s that KP haven’t tweeted the engagement yet and the media haven’t picked it up. Very exciting news!

On June 14th, 2018, The Queen accompanied by the Duchess of Sussex will open the Mersey Gateway Bridge, at Catalyst Science Discovery Centre in Widnes. Afterwards Her Majesty and The Duchess of Sussex will open the Storyhouse Theatre and attend lunch at Chester Town Hall. Both engagements are in Chester.

I’m intrigued as to why The Queen is opening the Storyhouse, is it a patronage of hers? It’s quite a small event to send The Queen to.

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting! I didn’t expect a joint engagement so soon.

Queen invites newlywed Duchess of Sussex to join her for day of public work - Telegraph
After marrying into the Royal family less than a month ago, the Duchess of Sussex is to embark on a lifetime of public service from the most glamorous of events to the rather mundane.

She will do so, it seems, under the guidance of no less than Her Majesty the Queen, who has invited the newlywed Duchess to spend a full day of public engagements with her in Chester next week.

In a remarkable welcome into life in the Royal family, the Queen has asked the Duchess to accompany her on three engagements in a gesture likely to be interpreted as a very visible show of support.

I'm so excited for this joint engagement! Less than one month after the wedding, too.

This is terrific news. A joint engagement! I'm sure there will be lots of photos, a video or two from Royal correspondents.

I'm so looking forward to the trooping and to this engagement.

This sounds great!

What a great opportunity for Meghan to learn about the bread and butter royal duties and meeting more people around the country.

Also opening the theater is a nice nod to Meghan's former career.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what they are wearing.

I’m intrigued as to why The Queen is opening the Storyhouse, is it a patronage of hers? It’s quite a small event to send The Queen to.

I just look at the place which is Storyhouse Theatre and look at The Duchess of Sussex and see a glimmer of inspiration there. It may possibly be a patronage that Meghan will take on. Wouldn't surprise me. :D

The Storyhouse is said to be very successful, important for the community in Chester and has won several awards and nominations for it. Plus it is the seat of Charles' earldom of Chester - it makes some sense that his mother and daughter-in-law visit it because it is one of earliest Royal peerages. It is a beautiful town as well and if I was the queen and wanted to spend more time with my new granddaughter, I'd take her too so she can see more of historic Britain.

I just look at the place which is Storyhouse Theatre and look at The Duchess of Sussex and see a glimmer of inspiration there. It may possibly be a patronage that Meghan will take on. Wouldn't surprise me. :D

Perhaps but it’s quite a small fish in a big pond, also do you get royal patronage’s of buildings? Genuine question. The centre is known for supporting community groups and has won several awards but I just don’t see what’s so special about it to warrant its opening by The Queen.

So nice to see a joint engagement with the Queen...she did this for Kate early on too...nice show of support.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom