British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is there any incoming state visit in spring or summer planned yet?!

I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is there any incoming state visit in spring or summer planned yet?!

Nothing announced, and I suspect it will not be, because of CHOGM.

None have been announced.

CHOGM will be in lieu of a spring State Visit.

State Visits are normally announced in the Queen's Speech at the State Opening of Parliament but there won't be any State Opening this year due to Brexit so maybe no incoming State Visits.

There won't be any outgoing State Visits for the foreseeable future - possibly the next decade or three. The Queen isn't doing any more overseas visits so no State Visits from here. As Charles will probably be close to, if no over 80 when he succeeds, possibly very few if any from him meaning it could easily be 30 or so years with no outgoing State Visits from the UK.

when he succeeds, possibly very few if any from him

Providing he remains in good health, I think that's unlikely. He is a hard worker [even a workaholic], so as well as a Coronation Tour of the 'Realms & Territories' and Commonwealth states, i'd expect there to be a whole raft of incoming/outgoing State Visits in the [say] first five years of the reign.

None have been announced.

CHOGM will be in lieu of a spring State Visit.

State Visits are normally announced in the Queen's Speech at the State Opening of Parliament but there won't be any State Opening this year due to Brexit so maybe no incoming State Visits.

There won't be any outgoing State Visits for the foreseeable future - possibly the next decade or three. The Queen isn't doing any more overseas visits so no State Visits from here. As Charles will probably be close to, if no over 80 when he succeeds, possibly very few if any from him meaning it could easily be 30 or so years with no outgoing State Visits from the UK.

But state visits don´t depend on a state opening of parliament. And I´ve often noticed that some incoming state visits have not announced before at the Queen´s Speech, but were made public only a few weeks before they took place!

And what does CHOGM mean...?!

Last edited:
But state visits don´t depend on a state opening of parliament. And I´ve often noticed that some incoming state visits have not announced before at the Queen´s Speech, but were made public only a few weeks before they took place!

https://www.chogm2018.org.uk/

Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.

Which State visits have been announced with a few weeks to go?

Wow! Now I have a new routine for the first of the month besides looking for "magic money" that suddenly appears in my bank account and just as quickly disappears. :lol:

Just learning about this little British thing makes the family gathering all the more "family" like if Louise and her dad were caught doing it. I love it!

What's interesting to see from a Brit's perspective is the little things that I didn't realise were not done by children outside of the UK - "pinch, punch, first of the month" was a common greeting my primary school friends and I used to give each other whenever the new month started. And "no returns" would sometimes be added at the end so that you couldn't have the other person do it back to you :D

What's interesting to see from a Brit's perspective is the little things that I didn't realise were not done by children outside of the UK - "pinch, punch, first of the month" was a common greeting my primary school friends and I used to give each other whenever the new month started. And "no returns" would sometimes be added at the end so that you couldn't have the other person do it back to you :D

Was done in Australia when I was growing up but I haven't seen it or heard it here for the past decade or so.

I can't remember a single State Visit announced with only a 'few weeks' to go.

Usually that is when the details are made public not the announcement of the actual visit which is made in the Queen's Speech as it is a parliamentary announcement.

:previous: Nothing announced.

Twitter will break it (https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily) and full press releases will be somewhere here: https://www.royal.uk/state-visits-2.

November and Apri/May seem to be the favored times. But last year it was only July. I think spring was influenced by the upcoming nuptials/babies and the health/age of Her Majesty and Phillip. It's a real time of transition for the family and so I am not shocked to see no inbound visits YTD.

CHOGM is the same as a state visit in status - there is even a “state dinner”.

53 Heads of State! Plus many events. This is something very special as it will be the last HMQ attends as she no longer does long haul travel.

I wonder what members will attend this evening. I’m sure we will see the usual family members but it would be nice if a few surprises attended. Maybe we will see Lady Louise as she’s now getting old enough to go to these things.

The Concert will be starting soon!

I wonder what members will attend this evening. I’m sure we will see the usual family members but it would be nice if a few surprises attended. Maybe we will see Lady Louise as she’s now getting old enough to go to these things.

Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edwards, and Sophie are there from what I’ve read on various twitter accounts. I’m sure Anne is there as well, just haven’t read it on the twitter accounts I follow.

Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edwards, and Sophie are there from what I’ve read on various twitter accounts. I’m sure Anne is there as well, just haven’t read it on the twitter accounts I follow.

Beatrice and Eugenie are there too.

Molly your surprise is here, Lady Louise is there too! Wow, Jack as well.

Thank you Elektra!

What a nice turnout...lots of Kents and Gloucesters!

Yes, children, grandchildren cousins and almost all the spouses, here to celebrate the matriarch's 92nd birthday. What a great pity Prince Philip had to miss this.

Jack Brooksbank is in the Royal box as well ...

I am pretty sure that Zara, Mike and Catherine will watch the concert on TV. Maybe together will many sweets and tea.

Article from the Telegraph:
The Queen celebrates her 92nd birthday with a concert at the Royal Albert Hall - Telegraph
On the day she turned 21, the then Princess Elizabeth pledged to dedicated her life to serving the Commonwealth, in what has become one of the best-known and most moving public declarations of her long reign.

Surrounded by her family, at the close of a week that has cemented her Commonwealth legacy for a new generation, the Queen celebrated her 92nd birthday in some style, with a Royal Albert Hall concert designed to honour all she has done for her country.

With a line-up of music from each decade of her reign, the concert marked not just, as Her Majesty put it, “another birthday”, but the culmination of a lively week which brought all corners of the Commonwealth to London.
Introducing the evening the Prince of Wales led the birthday wishes with a touching written tribute to HM:
''While all birthdays are special, this year, the Queen’s birthday falls at the end of the week-long Commonwealth Summit in London, which has brought together 53 countries.

Tonight we reflect on the pledge made by the Queen on her 21st birthday in 1947 in South Africa, to serve the Commonwealth for her whole life.

With my father, the Duke of Edinburgh, at her side, the Queen has dedicated herself, throughout her reign, to serving the United Kingdom and the other countries of the Commonwealth.

Tonight we pay tribute to her devotion to duty, her steadfastness in times of uncertainty, and her vital role in uniting people from all walks of life through her enduring strength and humanity.

With my family, I join you in wishing my mother, the Queen, a very happy birthday.''
From me: Our utterly amazing and matchless Queen (icon of friendliness and unity) looks great this evening (although it can't be that interesting, or funny, for a 92-year-old to sit through some of these artists).

Last edited:
Can they do this more, it's spectacular. And the camera is actually on different royals, not just a certain three. I'm actually enjoying it, not just because of the royals.

Nice to see Camilla, then Harry, as cameos.
More surprises to come ?

I am pretty sure that Zara, Mike and Catherine will watch the concert on TV. Maybe together will many sweets and tea.

Perhaps Phillip will invite them over to join him.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom