British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were still quite a number of bystanders and well wishers waiting to catch a glimpse of the royals heading to Sunday Church Service ,there was me thinking that only happened at Christmas!

There were still quite a number of bystanders and well wishers waiting to catch a glimpse of the royals heading to Sunday Church Service ,there was me thinking that only happened at Christmas!

:previous: These are some of my favorite photos to go back and find on Getty (or your choice of photo website). Just because there is such a comparable evolution over the years.

Pre 2014ish, there are very few lookey loos at St. Mary Magdalen on non-holiday church days. Almost no coverage of the events and many fewer photos. So it is reasonable to expect small/no crowds - depending on the year. :flowers:

Now a days, people plan holidays to coincide with HM's church going in Norfolk! It's still a great way to see royalty up close and without pushy crowds.

Last edited:

Haha, me too; perhaps there were a few lucky royal watchers who wanted to get a glimpse of the RF at Christmas but didn't get the chance to, though got that chance today. And there will be the usual dedicated fans who watch every time.

Nice to see the royals out at the church today, I like that they still continue to attend services even after the festive season is over. When do HM and Prince Philip return to London?

Haha, me too; perhaps there were a few lucky royal watchers who wanted to get a glimpse of the RF at Christmas but didn't get the chance to, though got that chance today. And there will be the usual dedicated fans who watch every time.

Nice to see the royals out at the church today, I like that they still continue to attend services even after the festive season is over. When do HM and Prince Philip return to London?
Philip may stay at Wood Farm after the Queen returns to London now that he is retired. The Queen generally stays until after the anniversary of her father's death--Feb 6.

The royals were all over the news in the U S in the 80s and 90s, so they were fascinating then. Now that a California girl is joining the family, especially a multiracial girl, for Americans, they are back to being fascinating.

THE COMMONWEALTH FASHION EXCHANGE RECEPTION

Monday 19th February 2018

The Duchess of Cambridge and the Countess of Wessex will host a reception at Buckingham Palace on behalf of the Queen during London Fashion Week to celebrate and showcase a new creative initiative - the Commonwealth Fashion Exchange.

Launched today (1st February) by the Commonwealth Secretary-General, the Commonwealth Fashion Exchange aims to create partnerships between established and emerging talent from across the 52 member countries, in the lead up to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London this April.....

Commonwealth Fashion Council | Commonwealth Fashion Council

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice surprise this morning.

2018 is the International Year of the Reef and today The Prince of Wales hosted a meeting in London to discuss how organisations can work together to improve coral reef health. #IYOR2018. HRH was joined by Prince Harry, who wanted to find out more about the work being done to protect coral reefs from threats including climate change and pollution.

The Prince of Wales and Prince Harry attended the 'International Year of The Reef' 2018 meeting hosted by the Prince of Wales at Fishmongers Hall in London today, February 14:

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Prince Charles is greeted with a kiss from son Harry before making a thinly-veiled dig at Trump..**

Very nice to see father and son together and obviously sharing the same deep interest on ecosystems and global warming.
I didn't expect Harry on this front (expressed in the last radio interview), so it's a nice surprise ...

Very sweet, though Harry looks a bit subdued, as well he might! I do think that Harry will get involved in environmental projects, especially throughout the Commonweath in future years.

The Duchess of Cambridge, The Countess of Wessex and Princess Beatrice attending the Commonwealth Fashion Exchange Reception at Buckingham Palace this evening.

And I don't care for Ms Wintour's dress at all.

LaRae

Still haven't seen a pic of Beatrice's dress.

LaRae

Apparently it’s also Erdem. You can see it in the video.

Yes seems like everyone except Sophie wore Erdem tonight...including Wintour.

I can't make out much in the video when it comes to Beatrice's dress.

LaRae

Yeah no idea. Not that interested in her.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom