British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The brothers obviously enjoyed this event. They both looked as if they had a ball on this boys night out. And they did indeed look dapper.

I can imagine that both William and Harry thoroughly enjoyed the premier of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

There is just something about Star Wars movies that bring out the little boy in adult males and sends them into their own world of fantasy. Will and Harry both had the extraordinary experience of being able to at a shoot of the movie and even dressed up as Stormtroopers in a scene. What little boy wouldn't be over the moon with that?

Just as little girls dream of becoming princesses with tiaras, little boys dream of being Stormtroopers and superheros. We all need, as adults, time to embrace our own inner child and revel in the fantasy and wonders of our childhood.

Think I'm going to watch Frozen again. Or maybe Cinderella. My inner child is calling. :D

Reminder:
The Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the Grenfell Tower National Memorial Service at St. Paul’s Cathedral this morning.

The service will be broadcast Live on BBC One at 10:30am.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jczr6

Last edited:
Here are a few extra photos from the Memorial Service at St Pauls Cathderal

PPE Agency

I'm assuming with President Trump not meeting the Queen, this will not be a state visit.

He'll come, open the Embassy and go home from there. I don't think much should be made out of it other than what it is. Perhaps the powers the be are still working on setting up a state visit from the US to the UK

They’re calling it an official visit but I should think it’s safe to say that a state visit is off the table for quite a while. I don’t want to get too political!

Some official visits do include meetings with members of the Royal Family but The Times (and other newspapers) are reporting that this isn’t going to be the case this time. So I wonder how official the official visit will actually be.

I love these weeks after Christmas when she goes to local churches. A nice outing but no brooch! :eek:

Does anyone recognize the man walking with the Earl of Wessex, one of them is Christopher Rhys -Jones, but the other man? It doesn’t appear to be Sophie’s brother.

Pippa and her husband there as well, must be visiting the Cambridges.

LaRae

Nice surprise to see members of the RF at the church today. I also like how we get to see different royals each time. Due to the fact that the Cambridges are still there I'm guessing that George hasn't gone back to school yet (I think most private schools are back tomorrow).

Nice surprise to see members of the RF at the church today. I also like how we get to see different royals each time. Due to the fact that the Cambridges are still there I'm guessing that George hasn't gone back to school yet (I think most private schools are back tomorrow).

First day of term is Tuesday, 9th January at George’s school.

Other guests today included Marquis and Marchioness of Cholmondley, James and Lady Laura Meade and Thomas van Straubenzee.

There was another couple but I don't remember who they are: link to pictures (removed)

No Carole or Mike

EDIT: removing link as there may be a copyright issue. But always look at shutterstock.com/editorial/royalty to see images.

Last edited:
I’ve seen speculation that they and some friends are there for Kate’s birthday, which is on January 9th.

Considering it's so close to Kate's birthday, it would make sense to have a party this weekend.

I love the Queen in the rich pink.
Catherine looks well in brown. Nice for her friends to be there for her birthday.

On February 19th The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the Commonwealth Fashion Exchange

According to the FE on the British Monarchy website there are three engagements that date:

19 January 2018

The Princess Royal
Royal Patron, Hft, will attend a Luncheon Reception at The Manor House, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire.

The Duke of Gloucester
Patron, British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association today will attend the Blesma Community Programme at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, London.

The Earl of Wessex
visits the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom, Cambridge.

This is what makes trying to follow the British royals so difficult as there is no centralised place to find information about what they are up to. They know they don't have to worry about PR and so they don't care about having all the information in one place for ease of access for followers.

It is much like last year's online CC which missed around 400 events but no one at BP or within the BRF actually cares about that sort of thing anymore as they are so sure of their popularity they don't think it matters that the office is so disorganised it can't put up a calendar in advance in one place - three or four courts all pulling in different directions is clearly what is happening.

:previous:
I agree. I wish the BRF Press office is very much disorganized. They need to hire better people who can handle this stuff.

I am not so sure if it is the people they employ so much as the family not coming together to put this stuff out.

If the individual royals don't tell their own staff to hand the information over then there is nothing that the Queen's staff can do to put the information out. Charles wants his staff in charge and William and Harry don't want their staff to work with either Charles or The Queen's. They believe that their way is better - with a drip feed approach via twitter etc rather than a centralised approach. Andrew is different again and simply refusing to have anything to do with anything Charles wants to organise.

:previous:
Now your comment had me .....:lol:?:lol:? big time! How very true and no wonder anyone gets things done in the royal family, nobody seems to know what the other members are doing.......right and left hands are not clicking here.....maybe they need to hire you to set them straight so they could run a tighter ship Iluvbertie. I would put all my faith in you to do the job 100%. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom