British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pics we can’t see if Catherine have the family order. The Queen, William and Catherine make my head hurt over that situation. Also, I don’t know why William and Catherine don’t like using the State cars forbevents like this. Stop using those darn official cars for state events. Learn something from older royals.
Then don't use state cars as they don't have access to them. The state cars are only used by the Queen and C&C, who have thd Rolls previously used by the Queen Mother

Then don't use state cars as they don't have access to them. The state cars are only used by the Queen and C&C, who have thd Rolls previously used by the Queen Mother

They do have access to them. They just choose to use their official cars more.

Well they did use State cars for the church service for the Queen's 90th and some other events. Personally I think its just easier and for security reasons, remember when Charles and Camilla's car was attacked it was commented that those big big cars are harder to move around London and easier to attack.
The fact is most people don't know the reception is happening so there will not be big crowds lining the route that need/want to see W&K (unlike the highly publicised events they have use state limousines for) so the "regular" Bentley will do.

I wonder if we will get group photo of HM and senior royals like last time?

They do have access to them. They just choose to use their official cars more.
Is that a statement of fact or an assumption on your part? Can you back up your statement please?

Is that a statement of fact or an assumption on your part? Can you back up your statement please?

Muriel, they have access to the State Cars. William and Catherine usually use them for Trooping the Colour, The Jubilee services, opening of the 2012 Olympics, and Remembrance Sunday. It’s just for this Diplomatic Corps Reception, they choose to use their regular official car.

All facts.

Man o man, Caatherine is beautiful. I’m not a big fashion guy but she floats my boat as we say out east

Muriel, they have access to the State Cars. William and Catherine usually use them for Trooping the Colour, The Jubilee services, opening of the 2012 Olympics, and Remembrance Sunday. It’s just for this Diplomatic Corps Reception, they choose to use their regular official car.

All facts.
There is no doubt that W&C have used the state cars on a few occasions, usually those that involve a ceremonial procession or arrival. For events like those, more junior royals like the Yorks and Wessex families get yo use them as well. However, other than the Rolls used by C&C for ceremonial events, the cars are only used by the Queen and the DoE. IMO, they are not available for other members of the BRF to use more generally.

Last edited:
What is the difference between state cars and official cars?
Both different from personal cars I presume?

Oh that cake is just too cute. I love it where they have the figure depicting the Queen holding up the sign that says "ME" to denote that the ship was named HMS Queen Elizabeth II.

I bet HM got a real good chuckle out of that one. :D

I particularly liked "my husband....the Lord High Admiral...." :lol:

It was one of those little reminders Her Majesty drops in from time to time to let us know that whilst we think of them very fondly, they aren't just any elderly couple!

I have to wonder what the Queen thinks about all the familiarity between the public and others when it comes to the members of the family. The blurred lines...the younger royals trying to be or fit in with one of the people(s).

I can't imagine the Queen going to a youth center and talking about various issues or going to an AIDS discussion. Much different times now.

LaRae

I'm sure that HM gives them advice on being friendly but not too friendly. After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them. The Prince of Wales will no doubt be the bridge between the two generations in the style of monarchy but sadly I can't see the Queen's style being adopted by her grandson or great grandson.

I'm sure that HM gives them advice on being friendly but not too friendly. After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them. The Prince of Wales will no doubt be the bridge between the two generations in the style of monarchy but sadly I can't see the Queen's style being adopted by her grandson or great grandson.

I agree. As much as I like HM grandsons, sometimes I think they are too open in their style. The times are changing as the “mystique” becomes more transparent IMO.

After all, the more like the people they become the less need there will actually be for them.

You're not wrong. And that's why i like to see the ladies in tiaras; I like my royalty to LOOK like royalty. OK, so part of it's a dream, but what's wrong with dreaming?

You're not wrong. And that's why i like to see the ladies in tiaras; I like my royalty to LOOK like royalty. OK, so part of it's a dream, but what's wrong with dreaming?

That part is really a shame, I think. I do hope Charles and Camilla are more generous with opening up the vault and loaning to Kate and Meghan (with more limits, obviously) in the next reign.

Kate has a lovely profile in these pictures. She looks very elegant in profile from the (brief) glimpses we get of her going into this event.

Meanwhile, Camilla nearly blinds with the bling. I love a royal woman who can pull off those big guns! Well done Camilla.

Oh that cake is just too cute. I love it where they have the figure depicting the Queen holding up the sign that says "ME" to denote that the ship was named HMS Queen Elizabeth II.

I bet HM got a real good chuckle out of that one. :D

Isn't that adorable? Kudos to the bakers who came up with the idea :lol:

Do we know when the traditional cousin Christmas lunch is? I would think next week, right? I love that she invites the entire family together. I hope Charles keeps up that tradition.

I think its usually around next week as it usually seems to be before the children break up from school for the Christmas break. Its a lovely tradition and I hope Charles keeps its up as well!

I think its usually around next week as it usually seems to be before the children break up from school for the Christmas break. Its a lovely tradition and I hope Charles keeps its up as well!

Yes, I love it too, but there'll have to be a cut-off point somewhere when Charles is King, otherwise William might find his 'close' family consists of hundreds of people! :lol:

Do we know when the traditional cousin Christmas lunch is? I would think next week, right? I love that she invites the entire family together. I hope Charles keeps up that tradition.

I think it's the 19th or 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom