British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Love seeing Harry talking to the youngsters. The best part was when he complimented the little boy on his track suit.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a reception at Buckingham Palace on World Mental Health Day.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The reception on Tuesday 10 October will celebrate the contribution of those working in the mental health sector across the UK.

Has anyone heard anything about the US State Visit?
It’s October already and nothing has been announced. I assumed the visit would be in 5-6 weeks, seems a bit late for announcing.

Waiting to see about the Cambridges going to Scandinavia too...that might be called off though due to Kate's H.G.

LaRae

I don’t think they would cancel the trip, William would just go alone. Anyway, this trip was announced for November, there’s every indication that Kate will be ok by then and able to make it. I also expect the Cambridges to be involved with the state visit.

I guess I expected to hear more specifics about the trip already.

LaRae

Has anyone heard anything about the US State Visit?
It’s October already and nothing has been announced. I assumed the visit would be in 5-6 weeks, seems a bit late for announcing.

The official word is that the US-UK state visit has been postponed until sometime in 2018. That is all the information available. :D

Trump's UK visit pushed to 2018 - CNN

Waiting to see about the Cambridges going to Scandinavia too...that might be called off though due to Kate's H.G.

LaRae
I'm really (and I mean really) waiting for news about that too.

Some facts/possibilities:

1. If the November tour will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think (as I wrote in the ''Harry: Official Visit to Denmark'' thread) that it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government. By that I mean Norway of course.

2. And I don't know how likely it is with a Cambridge tour to Denmark right after Harry's trip.

3. I don't think the November tour will be called off due to Kate's H.G. If Kate can't go, then William (as Princess Larisa wrote) would just go by himself as he did when he went to Japan and China.

Last edited:
The official word is that the US-UK state visit has been postponed until sometime in 2018. That is all the information available.

I wonder if there will be a different State Visit in late November instead? Don’t know how likely that would be, guess it depends on when they knew of the cancellation.

I'm really (and I mean really) waiting for news about that too.

Some facts/possibilities:

1. If the November tour will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think (as I wrote in the ''Harry: Official Visit to Denmark'' thread) that it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government. By that I mean Norway of course.

I might be wrong, but I just assumed they would do two countries with 2-3 days in each, like their tour of Poland and Germany. Going by what William said, Norway and Sweden seem likely to me with maybe Finland also included.

Isn't it kinda odd that they are having Harry solo going to Scandinavia then less than a month later the Cambridges going?

LaRae

The only major state event scheduled for this year would be the Diplomatic Corps Reception in December. The US State Visit penciled in to 2018.

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

Isn't it kinda odd that they are having Harry solo going to Scandinavia then less than a month later the Cambridges going?

LaRae

How is 2 days in Copenhagen=Scandinavia? It like saying because the Cambridges went to Paris in March, there is no need for them to go to Germany and Poland is July. They don't announce the specifics of a tour until right before a tour. It's a high terror threat environment in Europe right now so they aren't going to give the terrorists a 2 month head start on where the VIPs are going to be.

William said Norway at the garden party. So it's probably Norway and it's closest neighbors of Sweden and/or Finland.

:previous:

1. Agree, but he also said ''we are going to do a Scandinavian trip''.

2. Scandinavia consists of the countries: Norway, Denmark and Sweden.

3. So if they are going to visit Finland as well, then it will be a Nordic tour, not Scandinavian.

:previous:

The Duchess of Kent did not attend. From the CC:

The Duke of Kent, also representing The Duchess of Kent, was present

I am not sure that this is the right thread, but I wonder if anyone can answer a few questions. I assume that Craithie is an active church. Do other people attend services with the royals. If so, is it by invitation or can anyone go?

That's one of the most ignorant articles I've seen, and yes, I know it's the fail:
The 91-year-old travelled with a royal aide in the cortege; husband Prince Philip, 96, was not in attendance
1. That's Lady Sarah Chatto, not an aide.

2. Philip has already left.

I am not sure that this is the right thread, but I wonder if anyone can answer a few questions. I assume that Craithie is an active church. Do other people attend services with the royals. If so, is it by invitation or can anyone go?

Yes, the locals and staff go to church there as well.

:previous: Oh gosh, I don't even know how some of the "reporters" for the rag press even got their jobs. Lots of regular people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but the point is that Jo Tweedy and the other authors of the Express articles are journalists and should know who they are writing about.

It's a shame because the Daily Fail has great photos, but the content of their articles isn't really worth reading most of the time.

:previous: Oh gosh, I don't even know how some of the "reporters" for the rag press even got their jobs. Lots of regular people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but the point is that Jo Tweedy and the other authors of the Express articles are journalists and should know who they are writing about.

It's a shame because the Daily Fail has great photos, but the content of their articles isn't really worth reading most of the time.
You're right, most people are unaware of who Lady Sarah is, but journalists should (as you wrote) know who they are writing about.

And both Fail Online and the Express have had several articles about her, especially after her participation in the BBC documentary ''Elizabeth at 90'' last year.

There are some additional photos of the queen and royal family attending Sunday Service at Craithie church near Balmoral.

The Queen's summer break at Balmoral ends | Daily Mail Online
That's the same article that Dman posted earlier today, and Sarah Chatto is still being described as an aide to the Queen.

Last edited:
Yes, the locals and staff go to church there as well.

Thanks for the response. What I really want to know is whether I could go to church there when I am in Scotland next year. I don't think the royals would be there, but if they are, can I go to church with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom