British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen, Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall , Prince Andrew and Earl of Wessex with family attends church at Balmoral

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
The Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge will attend the Royal Military Edinburgh Tattoo together at Edinburgh Castle on August 16th

Just tattoo of us! Princes Charles and William make a rare joint appearance as they view the Edinburgh Military Tattoo together for the first time and watch hundreds of tartan-clad performers on the Scottish capital’s streets

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare? They were just together for the commemorations in Belgium and the Spain state visit.

What I am finding interesting is the number of royals who have attended the tattoo this year - Anne went to the rehearsal, Edward has gone with his family and now Charles and William do a rare joint engagement together. Most years none attend and this year there has been four.

What I am finding interesting is the number of royals who have attended the tattoo this year - Anne went to the rehearsal, Edward has gone with his family and now Charles and William do a rare joint engagement together. Most years none attend and this year there has been four.

They're even had a foreign royal, Prince Albert of Monaco.

Anne is patron of the Tattoo; Edward is now patron of the Edinburgh festival andCharles was G of honour tonight because of the tattoo doing something to do with the new HMS Prince of Wales being built at Rosyth.

Cant answer for Willliam

OK...why wasn't William in uniform when Charles was?

Does anyone else think Charles has put on a little weight? He seems rather solid thru the middle, more than I've noticed before.

LaRae

:previous:Does it have anything to do with the increasing popularity of Military Tattoos in general? Programs have been enlarged and a number of them are certainly more publicized than in the past. Some of them have become positively touristy.

I know I would lean in to musical appearances relative to curtain pulling. JMO

Does anyone else think Charles has put on a little weight? He seems rather solid thru the middle, more than I've noticed before.

LaRae

I think he has lost weight as his suits seem to be hanging off him rather than the usual immaculate fit they used to have.

Something is going on as he certainly hasn't look as well turned out at some of his most recent public events e.g. Passchendaele Commemorations and now this.

Hmmm yeah I don't know...at least in this grey suit he doesn't look his usual self...to me it looks like he's heavy thru the mid section but maybe it's the suit.

LaRae

Maybe William doesn't have the tuxedo version of a Royal Navy uniform. He has a regular RN uniform. His dad and others are in the tuxedo version ( don't know the proper name for this uniform). William is Commodore in Chief for Scotland. Maybe that why he is there.

According to CC Charles attended as Admiral of the Fleet; William attended as Duke of Cambridge. Not as Earl of Strathearn ....?

According to CC Charles attended as Admiral of the Fleet; William attended as Duke of Cambridge. Not as Earl of Strathearn ....?

Yes, William is known as the Earl of Strathearn in Scotland. It's just that it's Charles who was the guest of honor and took the salute. I guess it's why William didn't wear his uniforms.

William is not always referred to as the Earl of Strathearn in Scotland - as seen by this CC entry. That is the same as Andrew who is the Earl of Inverness but in recent years has only used that title when actually in or near Inverness while Duke of York elsewhere in Scotland and William is much the same. Duke of Cambridge a lot of the time but anywhere near or in Strathearn the Strathearn title is always used. Why HM does this I don't know but as she approves the CC and has William using Cambridge in Scotland there must be a reason (or is this evidence she is 'loosing her marbles' ??? and can only remember the main titles of her grandson and younger sons now.

Yes, William is known as the Earl of Strathearn in Scotland. It's just that it's Charles who was the guest of honor and took the salute. I guess it's why William didn't wear his uniforms.

Exactly. Which is why I was querying why the CC still called him D of Cambridge and not E of Strathearn

Im not bothered about uniforms TBH

Prince Charles and Prince William knock back Scottish single malt whisky and enjoy a spectacular performance by more than 250 pipers and drummers at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle.

LaRae

I agree, I can't decide if he is looking thicker naturally, or if he is wearing a body armor vest.
Probably just natural aging-Charles seems to have more of his mother's and maternal grandmother's body type instead of his father's.

Last edited:
Prince Charles and Prince William knock back Scottish single malt whisky and enjoy a spectacular performance by more than 250 pipers and drummers at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle.

After they drank the whisky both Charles and William touched their lips to the container. Does anyone know the significance of that? Thank you in advance.

I wonder why William didn´t wear his own uniform and the Thistle....?!

I wonder why William didn´t wear his own uniform and the Thistle....?!

That is what makes me wonder whether this was a long-termed event or a more recent one in light of the negativity around Charles and the way the boys have come out and basically thrown him under the bus this year with their 'we weren't given any help' 'we were made to walk behind the coffin' stories about the days and weeks and years after Diana's death - clearly saying 'our father didn't help us and didn't stop us being made to walk' etc etc

I know it was announced that William was going a week or so in advance but I wonder whether he was added late and thus didn't have the appropriate uniform for a naval event. He holds some naval ranks but does he have the uniforms?

William has a regular navy uniform. Don't know if he would have the more formal mess dress uniform that Charles and the other officers wore since wears his RAF and Irish Guards most often.

William looks sharp in his naval uniform. In addition to honorary positions he also holds the substantive rank of Lieutenant Commander.

William was wearing his medals and 'dolphins' as he is Commodore in Chief of the Royal Navy Submarine Service.

I know Charles attended the tattoo as Admiral of the Fleet, whereas William was 'just' attending as The Duke of Cambridge.

Nice to see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge there. Pretty good turnout all around.

If Mike is there then Zara and Mia are probably staying at Balmoral too. Maybe Zara wasn't feeling well since she didn't go to church.

If Mike is there then Zara and Mia are probably staying at Balmoral too. Maybe Zara wasn't feeling well since she didn't go to church.

Zara is there - she's in the backseat of Edward's car with Sophie and Louise. There's a photo on RexFeatures.

Thanks. I only read the DM article which only mentioned and pictured Edward and Mike in the car. They didn't mention Sophie or Zara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom