British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ON this form, its always republicans or people who don't really like the Cambridges who seem to want to see the the kids the most,

I'd like to see a poll with the bias taken out.

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

Ilovebertie I understand if they are worried about safety but I agree with you 100% in having a connection with their subjects it's vital for the future of BRF

ON this form, its always republicans or people who don't really like the Cambridges who seem to want to see the the kids the most,

I'd like to see a poll with the bias taken out.

I really don't see where you could form this opinion from !!!!!

Maybe they had a scout meeting, We don't know any of the facts yet people are in a hurry pass negative judgement,

They do have to ensure that George, in particular, connects with his future subjects and they aren't doing that. If the people have no feeling that they are involved in some way with the child then that connection could easily result in no connection when the child is an adult.

The Queen Mum understood that very well and insisted on regular film footage being shown of her family.

The Queen and Philip also had regular footage of them with Charles and Anne and then later with the younger boys.

Charles and Diana did it with William and Harry. Why do you think so many people felt for those boys during the week of her death? Because they felt that they 'knew' the boys as they had seen them grow up.

William is denying that connection from building with his future subjects by only allowing two or three photos a year to be issued and rarely even with more than one child at time. A day like this was a great opportunity missed to see the Cambridge's 'at play' as we used to see with Diana when she would take the boys to watch Charles play polo (and with nanny there to help her as well).

For a man who has claimed he doesn't want his children to grow up 'behind palace gates' he has a funny way of showing it as his children are never seen outside the palace walls.

How often do you think footage and photos should be released? IMO Will and Kate have been generous in providing access to the kids and its more than two photos a year. The Canada tour, the Christmas church visit, Pippa's wedding were good enough for me. They are only 2 and 4. I don't need weekly footage of toddlers.

Also just because they are not photographed doing it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Charlotte and George are not locked in the Tower between public appearances.

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

They are going to be on the balcony on Saturday. They are still little kids. I remember that footage of William looking totally confused with a wall of photographers in the garden taking his picture and they show him the video camera. I don't need that repeated with a new generation.

Reactions: hel
So far we have had 23 Official photos/appearances of Prince George. That averages to approximately 1 set of official pictures/appearance every 2.0 months

So far we have had 12 photos/appearances from Princess Charlotte. That averages to approximately 1 set of official pictures/appearance every 2.1 months

This list does not include paparazzi pics, polo matches, airports, private weddings, in the back seat of car, etc.

Gert's Royals: Prince George & Princess Charlotte - Official Photos and Appearances (Main Page)

Now do we really need to see the children more than 2 months on average

So far we have had 23 Official photos/appearances of Prince George. That averages to approximately 1 set of official pictures/appearance every 2.0 months

So far we have had 12 photos/appearances from Princess Charlotte. That averages to approximately 1 set of official pictures/appearance every 2.1 months

This list does not include paparazzi pics, polo matches, airports, private weddings, in the back seat of car, etc.

Gert's Royals: Prince George & Princess Charlotte - Official Photos and Appearances (Main Page)

Now do we really need to see the children more than 2 months on average

Photos aren't 'seeing' they are simply that - photos. Many of them with no interaction with other people involved.

Actually 'seeing' someone means that person appears in public and is seen to be doing things by real, ordinary people not just family. George has been seen once this year - why? Is there something wrong with him?

William has stated he doesn't want them raised behind palace walls but he never lets them out to actually grow up with real, normal people. He says one thing and does the other.

Photos/appearances. Its' both. for a couple of toddlers they do quite alright with official photos/appearances. WE had lots of video during Christmas and Pippa's wedding,

Non of this includes all the times they do 'regular' things like going to the museum petting zoo or the polo.

Last edited:
George goes to nursery school with regular kids. They aren't staying behind the walls of the palace. The people in Norfolk are respecting their privacy like the people in Buckleberry and Anglesey did and not recording their every move.

To be surrounded by a gaggle of photographers and onlookers when a kid is being just a kid isn't interacting with their "subjects". To be the center of attention among a huge gathering of people because of who one is, for a kid, is scary. Events like this past one where people say it would have been nice to see the Cambridge kids, I think, would have been confusing for the little ones, a handful for the parent in charge (as has been pointed out) and basically, the kids at that age have short attention spans and really don't know what polo really is from a hill of beans. The Cambridges opted out of bringing the kids. William was there for a reason. That's totally fine with me.

To grow up in a "normal" environment interacting with other people and especially children their own age is a horse of a different color. Its not appearing in public that does it. George and Charlotte will learn from events like Trooping the Color and being on the balcony bit by bit what their family role in the scheme of things are. The important things are their interactions with other people by going to school and the other everyday things that build up a child's social world.

To grow perhaps to want to take on roles of service as their father and their uncle did by watching examples. Daddy was a helicopter pilot to help save lives. Uncle Harry was a soldier and now works to help sick soldiers. Mummy does a lot of things for little kids that need it. Even eating dinner as a family in the kitchen and sneaking those vegetables under the table to Lupo is what is more "normal" than kids eating with nanny in the nursery while Mum and Dad dress for dinner and are served a five course meal.

The desire for Cambridge kids to grow up "normal" and not behind palace walls, to me, simply means that some of the old fashioned rules and regulations of raising kids have had to be discarded. Emphasis on being a family for the little ones take priority. Going to school and interacting with other children is crucial to building social skills. George and Charlotte as little people are the priority and their prince and princess roles are their destiny in the future. Its important to the Cambridges that the children develop as little people first then grow into the prince and princess roles when the time comes.

Having them out and among the "subjects' and getting photographed and followed around and all attention on them could very well be detrimental to their development as too much of that could give the kids the impression that they are special among ordinary and they're more interesting than ordinary and that they're always seen as being "above" ordinary. So, it doesn't surprise me in the least that Kate and William want to keep this to a minimum.

Raising a child to have an "ordinary" ego starts with keeping things simple and ordinary from the start. At least that's how I see it. :D

Let's move back on topic please - this thread is about the British Royal Family current events. Post specifically about Prince George and Princess Charlotte can be made in their own thread/s.

Last edited:
Last edited:

It is interesting that the Queen made the visit with Prince William. It might be just a coincidence, but it adds to the speculation on who the Queen's "plus one" will be as the Duke of Edinburgh retires from public life.

Video:
There was some anger from those who didn't get a chance to meet The Queen and William. William heard them and responded by saying, "I will come back."
https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/875676022418673665

Videos:
The Queen and Duke of Cambridge arrival to meet survivors and emergency service workers from the Grenfell Tower fire-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm=Queen arrives to visit sports Centre

The departure-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm=Queen departs sports Centre

Emotions were clearly high at 3:19 mark- a lady started to scream in a cry-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm=Queen visits westway Centre

Last edited:
It is interesting that the Queen made the visit with Prince William. It might be just a coincidence, but it adds to the speculation on who the Queen's "plus one" will be as the Duke of Edinburgh retires from public life.
I thought about this as well - I can't remember when last we saw just the Queen and William at an official engagement.
I think it's a positive step, particularly with a tragedy of this magnitude, to have the Queen and the popular future King showing their support.

William was the most logical choice IMO as he and Catherine are the most senior royals to live in the same London borough as the tower block is in. Charles was undertaking an Investiture ceremony so to me is all makes sense and is especially appropriate for this particular event.

Bravo to HMQ and the Duke of Cambridge, this cannot have been comfortable or easy for them, since 'feelings are running high'.
Whilst the visceral anger of the North Kensington community is absolutely understandable, so is the reticence and apprehension of those in authority who visit in an attempt to learn, to understand, comfort and encourage. It cannot be easy to communicate when anger levels are so high, and when those affected are so ready to lash out at ANYONE in authority, whether or not they are responsible...

I hope William, Catherine and Harry make a visit to the injured in hospital and their families. It was great to see The Queen and William making this visit too.

It's great that HM and Prince William visited the area around Grenfell. I too hope that the hospitalised victims of the fire will get a royal visit soon.

I thought about this as well - I can't remember when last we saw just the Queen and William at an official engagement.
I think it's a positive step, particularly with a tragedy of this magnitude, to have the Queen and the popular future King showing their support.

They had a joint engagement last month.
I agree it was a good choice to send the Queen and William. Charles, the future king, Camilla and Catherine were busy as well today and it's very nice to see that the "team" is hard at work.
We can expect more visits from the senior royals anytime soon ...

Last edited by a moderator:
He also had two other engagements today and the Queen had a meeting with Czech President.

I'm sure he'll go back. It wasnt enough time for them to spend there.

He was stuck between a rock and a head place. Wanted to walk over and asked for permission but security/others clearly said "no come along" and so he did. One does not keep grandmother waiting in the car.

I read it was a man whose two children were among the missing that was yelling, trying to get someone to listen to him and find some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was good to see Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and the Queen at the Towers. It shows honesty and empathy.

I could see the Queen having her second grandson as accompanying her on events.

I imagine that William realizes just how extremely fortunate he is with doing engagements with his grandmother. He started off quite young while at Eton going across the river to Windsor Castle for tea and "king" lessons from his grandmother and bit by bit, he's been learning from her ever since.

Because of the Queen's longevity of reign, William doesn't only learn the ins and outs of being a monarch but also has "hands on" lessons by being there and doing it with his monarch. I think this is one of the biggest advantages that William has in building his future role as king.

There is more to it than William being the Queen's "plus one". He's the future "king in training". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom