British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknch

Former Administrator
City
Suffolk
Country
United Kingdom
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to The British Royal Family's
Current Events, Part 9

Commencing January 10, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
HM The Queen looks great and healthy, and with her smile intact.

I'm currently reading Sally Bedell-Smith's "Elizabeth The Queen" and one statement made by her cousin, Margaret Rhodes, jumped out at me and I think it describes HM perfectly. "She smiles with her whole face". She does. Her smile lights up like a beacon that shines pure happiness. :D

I'm currently reading Sally Bedell-Smith's "Elizabeth The Queen" and one statement made by her cousin, Margaret Rhodes, jumped out at me and I think it describes HM perfectly. "She smiles with her whole face". She does. Her smile lights up like a beacon that shines pure happiness. :D
The problems with all these books about her is that they never mention the extraordinary kindness she has, as we hear about all the time.

I posted an article about it in the general news thread.

The church the Queen attended today St Mary the Virgin in Flitcham is that different from the one she would normally attend on the christmas day service it is St Mary Magdalene Church. How far apart are these 2 churches?

The church the Queen attended today St Mary the Virgin in Flitcham is that different from the one she would normally attend on the christmas day service it is St Mary Magdalene Church. How far apart are these 2 churches?

It's about a five minute drive from the estate.

Nice to see the queen feeling better. Also nice to see David abd his wife there. even as an adult and dad himself, with the loss of his father, it is likely comfort to have his aunt and uncle near.

She attends different churches on the Sandringham estate each year. The one closest to the house is the one she attends for Christmas and the first one or two weeks in January but after that she attends different ones and this one is a regular one as well.

It was nice to see Earl and Countess of Snowdon attending the church.

It is great to see HM looking so well after her cold. I'm glad she's feeling better.

I will have to get used to seeing David and Serena's pictures under "the Earl and Countess of Snowdon" from now on; as other posters have said it still feels strange because they had been Viscount and Viscountess Linley for so long.

It was nice to see Earl and Countess of Snowdon attending the church.

It is customary not to use their "new" titles until after the funeral of the Earl of Snowdon. One is not socially dead until after your funeral when you become "the late Earl of Snowdon".

Viscount and Viscountess Linley therefore attended Church with The Queen today, and will be referred to as such for another week or so until after the funeral has been held.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

It is customary not to use their "new" titles until after the funeral of the Earl of Snowdon. One is not socially dead until after your funeral when you become "the late Earl of Snowdon".

Viscount and Viscountess Linley therefore attended Church with The Queen today, and will be referred to as such for another week or so until after the funeral has been held.
Off topic, but I really appreciate the appropriateness of this tradition.

Thanks for clarification!:flowers:
The tradition is sensible. The new title has been used by gettyimages though. I am sure other media outlets will follow the suit.

Last edited:
Sometimes i wonder how many rugs/throws a royal must receive in a lifetime. At least here in the US, that is a really common gift, because warm is always better. But anyone who has ever cleaned out a home after both parents die realizes just how common this gift really is.
And I actually thought about making those crocheted poppies because the pattern is easily figured out from the photo. :flowers:

Prince William and Prince Charles have been named to Debrett's 500 Most Influential list under the category Philanthropists & Activists, for their extensive charity work.

Debrett's 500 List: Philanthropists & Activists*

The Duchess of Cambridge has been named to Debrett's 500 Most Influential list under the category Fashion, for her influence on the industry.

Debrett's 500 List: Fashion

HM The Queen has been named to Debrett's 500 Most Influential list under the category War & Peace as head of the Commonwealth and supreme governor of the Church of England and expertise as a diplomat

Debrett's 500 List: War & Peace*

Last edited:
Thanks Rudolph for this information. Looking at the lists and the categories that some of the BRF have been placed in, it gives credence to why the monarchy is still very relevant to the UK. Even fashion. Fashion has gotten a big boost as an industry especially through Diana, Princess of Wales and now Kate.

Thanks for the update!

Does anyone happen to know who the lady with Prince Andrew is?

It's nice to see HM again, she's looking well (I think it's just her makeup that makes her appear as a bit pale here) but I thought Philip didn't seem his usual self. He seemed worn out; perhaps he still hasn't fully recovered from his cold.

Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend a Service of Dedication on Horse Guards Parade before formally unveiling the new Iraq Afghanistan Memorial on Victoria Embankment Gardens, London, on Thursday, 9th March.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra will also attend the Service of Dedication

https://www.royal.uk/queen-will-unveil-iraq-afghanistan-memorial

Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend a Service of Dedication on Horse Guards Parade before formally unveiling the new Iraq Afghanistan Memorial on Victoria Embankment Gardens, London, on Thursday, 9th March.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra will also attend the Service of Dedication

https://www.royal.uk/queen-will-unveil-iraq-afghanistan-memorial

What a wonderful turnout of The Royal Family for a truly deserving and worthwhile occasion.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke & Duchess & Prince Harry will host a tea party at Buckingham Palace for children of those who have died serving in the Armed Forces

TRH want the day to provide an opportunity for children to broaden their support networks among families with similar experiences

The 'Party at the Palace' will take place on 13th May and will be a fun and family focused event

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duchess-cambridge-and-prince-harry-host-party-palace

Last edited:
The Duke & Duchess & Prince Harry will host a tea party at Buckingham Palace for children of those who have died serving in the Armed Forces

TRH want the day to provide an opportunity for children to broaden their support networks among families with similar experiences

The 'Party at the Palace' will take place on 13th May and will be a fun and family focused event

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duchess-cambridge-and-prince-harry-host-party-palace

Great idea. Perhaps this could be built into an annual event.

I hope this will be held each year. I think it's a fantastic idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom