Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Video of the entire BBC One broadcast:

Video of the entire balcony appearance, and again look at those crowds:

Old 07-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great to see the royals at the RAF events today, the flypast looked fantastic. Almost like a second Trooping the Colour for them One of my mother's friends was there in London today and she was saying that she had to walk for most of her journey once she got near Buckingham Palace because public transport was a nightmare!
I love the photos of the BRF laughing together; I'd love to know what William's joke was as it seemed to bring smiles to everyone's faces! It's nice to see HM looking well after her absence from Louis's christening yesterday as I was concerned that she might have been unwell.
Of course, I adore the photos of George and Charlotte watching the flypast. Charlotte is such a cheeky monkey, the photos of her sticking her tongue out reminded me of Princess Isabella helping to clean the windows of the royal palace in Denmark when she was little. I wonder if Charlotte likes wearing more formal dresses such as the one she was wearing today, as George was wearing much more casual clothes. I can imagine that she's the sort of child who once she wants to wear something, she refuses to take it off

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sidenote: the article on the front page of TRF states that for example Anne and Timothy were not present for the fly-past (and doesn't mention many of the others who were present). However, all senior royals -including the duchess of Kent!- seemed to have turned up (the only ones that I cannot see on these pictures are princess Alexandra and prince Michael but they might be standing next to princess Michael - unfortunately not the full balcony was covered). See PPE.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

It was really a nice event. I never paid it no mind in previous years. I can honestly say I am paying more attention to the BRF these days, particularly whenever I know that Harry and Meghan will be present.

BTW there are moments when the camera catches Meghan and she is showcased beautifully. She really is a handsome woman. Plus the interactions between Meghan and Harry are charming (and somehow 'comforting').

It was interesting to see Meghan given the pride of place beside the Queen on the balcony. I wonder why? It made more sense for William to be in that spot. I noticed in one video it looks like Meghan is actually striving to be beside and behind Harry, with a clear space from the Queen. Must have had something to do with camera angles (I guess)?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Sidenote: the article on the front page of TRF states that for example Anne and Timothy were not present for the fly-past (and doesn't mention many of the others who were present). However, all senior royals -including the duchess of Kent!- seemed to have turned up (the only ones that I cannot see on these pictures are princess Alexandra and prince Michael but they might be standing next to princess Michael - unfortunately not the full balcony was covered). See PPE.
I don't think the Duchess of Kent was present. Princess Alexandra was standing next to the Duke of Kent on the far right.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Nimue
I am glad I wasn't the only one that saw that Lady Nimue, I am wondering something here, even though Meghan is a worldly lady, knows her way around the world and takes care of herself long before Harry, isn't this a new and very surreal world of royals that she has stepped into. I mean we are all here on the outside looking in, she is now on the inside looking out.....think about the huge difference and all the ins and outs that she has to learn not just in dressing for the part of being a duchess now. All the history, protocols, traditions and learning a very different way of living completely inside that gold fish bowl. I think it could be at times completely overwhelming and shocking to her. Sure she is strong, intelligent, knowledgeable, hard working and beautiful, yet this is a very small world of royals out there that is a fiercely private and they only show us what they want us to see, not what we want to see, a huge difference in her life I am darn sure.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Lady Nimue
I am glad I wasn't the only one that saw that Lady Nimue, I am wondering something here, even though Meghan is a worldly lady, knows her way around the world and takes care of herself long before Harry, isn't this a new and very surreal world of royals that she has stepped into. I mean we are all here on the outside looking in, she is now on the inside looking out.....think about the huge difference and all the ins and outs that she has to learn not just in dressing for the part of being a duchess now. All the history, protocols, traditions and learning a very different way of living completely inside that gold fish bowl. I think it could be at times completely overwhelming and shocking to her. Sure she is strong, intelligent, knowledgeable, hard working and beautiful, yet this is a very small world of royals out there that is a fiercely private and they only show us what they want us to see, not what we want to see, a huge difference in her life I am darn sure.
Thanks, M.Payton. What went through my mind was this whole thing about Kate 'popping up' (which was great and I'm glad she did it: always nice to get away from the bairns however much one loves them ). So if Kate had not been there, maybe William would have been in that place, with Meghan in between William and Harry, so that her placement took her by surprise, maybe? Silly speculation on my part. I'm sure Harry was totally aware where it was 'correct' for Meghan to be standing.

The way she was moving, and it was a continuous movement to get behind Harry, very intentional , was like something had just happened. Had she been (unexpectedly) snapped at? Had she gotten (unawares) 'too close' physically? Doesn't seem possible, but then why was she moving like that? Do you have any speculations?

P.S. I wonder if I can find the video piece? I can't recall where I saw it. Might you?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you are reading too much into what she's doing there.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Video of the entire balcony appearance, and again look at those crowds:
@M.Payton At 14:21 look at Meghan standing beside Harry and looking up at him. Harry looks usually grim. (For that matter William and Kate are stony faced, too). I know the anthem is being played but the facial expressions on Meghan and Harry seem to me unusual even for a solemn moment.

The Queen seems to have placed herself very much next to Camilla and Charles, but as she left there is a flashing smile between Queen and Meghan. Maybe that was when Meghan did the pull back when she was making way for the Queen's exit from the balcony. Some other video shows that moment of Meghan making sure she would be out-of-the-way. Maybe that's it. Would help if I could find the snippet. A mystery here.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

Tend to agree with jacqui24 here. Harry seems to have carved out a permanent spot in the second row. Same place he was for Trooping. Even though there was room to move up front he didn't seem inclined to do so. Meghan's just following his lead. Only time she moved behind was to allow HMQ to exit.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Tend to agree with jacqui24 here. Harry seems to have carved out a permanent spot in the second row. Same place he was for Trooping. Even though there was room to move up front he didn't seem inclined to do so. Meghan's just following his lead. Only time she moved behind was to allow HMQ to exit.
Okay, Sounds about right. Thank you, Royal Suitor.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

I also saw that Lady Nimue and wondered, why so many grim faces today? It seems to me this is not a happy group of campers at all......and they have every reason in the world to be more then extremely happy if you ask me..... I like I said I do think this is all a huge scary at times, overwhelming and unsure which is up or what is down right now for Meghan. Sure the Irish tour is just her and Harry and they know just what to do, yet all these events and traditions that the BRF have is so *new* to her, this is a huge learning experience if ever there was one for her right now......so I can understand if she steps back for the queen or wants to put herself a few steps out of sight for the time being....after all she is in the position of sinking or swimming here.....all those other people there know all the ins and outs of what to do, every step they take has been done dozens of time before, Meghan is learning from all of them right now......she is in a very unique position I would say. More power to her for she needs it....
Old 07-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

I know what you guys are talking about. Meghan moved a bit behind Harry to make sure The Queen was the ultimate center of attention during the Feu de Joie. Camilla did the same thing. Meghan looked so proud as the RAF gave three cheers to Her Majesty The Queen. It was a beautiful moment.

So, no, nothing happened to Meghan.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-11-2018, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I also saw that Lady Nimue and wondered, why so many grim faces today? It seems to me this is not a happy group of campers at all......and they have every reason in the world to be more then extremely happy if you ask me.....
Thanks, M.Payton. It wasn't just on the balcony. Particularly Kate struck me, after yesterday's radiance. Maybe they were all just tired from yesterday. We will never know what goes on behind the scenes, that's for sure. Meghan now knows.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I do happen to think the young royals are now realizing that the weight of the monarchy are falling on them and it’s for them to carry into the future. Especially with Prince Philip retired and The Queen stepping back a bit. The future they used to run from and didn’t have to worry so much about is now here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

That is very good insight on this family. Even with Charles someday hopefully far off in the future the younger kids so to speak.... just might be getting the drift of what they are expected to carry out for the future here. I for one hope none of the royal traditions are discontinued as they are a huge part of the country's history from hundreds of years ago. That to me is a large part of my love for this country on how they keep that so alive and vibrant today. I really love to see how much William and Catherine have grown and developed over the years with all the new responsibilities that are coming their way and now with Harry finally finding his soulmate, I see things falling into place for the future here. One thing that really stands out for me is the brotherly love between the 2 boys since children...they still have it today in what they do. In looking at some of the pictures of the 2 of them recently they know just who they are and what they have to do going forward..
Old 07-11-2018, 02:12 AM
Courtier

I suspect people here think about who's standing where on the BP balcony much, much more than the actual royals do.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
why so many grim faces today?
Just a theory on my part, but I was just to the left of the Victoria Memorial yesterday, watching the Fly-past at that very moment, amidst that vast crowd of appreciative well-wishers.
The dust thrown up from hundreds of thousands of Feet traipsing over the BONE DRY ground of both St James' and Green Parks was indescribable and quite uncomfortable to the eyes, and must have been more so to those high up on the Balcony. It seems likely to me that this was the cause of the grimaces.
London has has no rain for FORTY DAYS, and the lawns of the Parks are brown and completely parched..And there appears no prospect of Rain in the next weeks..
Old 07-11-2018, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 -

Quote:

Well, I wrote that article. I will ask a blog moderator to change it. It’s an easy mistake to make when there aren’t many photos of the said royals in question on the balcony. I try to make my articles as accurate as possible so that things like this won’t happen: but this was just purely a mistake on my part as the appearance from other royals on the balcony wasn’t covered much.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The lady labelled as the Duchess of Kent is in fact her sister in law Princess Alexandra. Prince Michael was indeed to the right of his wife.

Closed Thread