The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I searched everywhere for that info, where did you find it?

It was present at the Thistle Service and the name was in the Order of Service Booklet.

However the name was also published in the Court Circular.

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-10-2018, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live Video Coverage: The Centenary of the Royal Air Force- BBC ONE 9:30am BST
Her Majesty The Queen, Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be in attendance of a service at Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace Parade and Flypast.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9jwww

BBC ONE outside the UK-
http://tvpc.us/Channel.php?ChannelID=42431

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought there will be other members of the royal family attending as well? I know at least the Wessexes were on the list when this was first tweeted by royal correspondents.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I thought there will be other members of the royal family attending as well? I know at least the Wessexes were on the list when this was first tweeted by royal correspondents.
The twitter feed of Westminster Abbey has released the PDF for the Order of Service and it lists all those attending. It even mentions The Duchess of Cambridge, who I didn’t think was going.

Basically “the usual suspects” are all good but the BBC are now only interested in mentioning the famous ones.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Aristocracy

Looks to be a full house. All HMQs children and spouses. Sussexes and Cambridges with Kate as a late add. Plus Glouchesters, Duke of Kent, P&Pss Michael of Kent...

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/10...092624896?s=21
Old 07-10-2018, 06:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

A nice moment among the Kents. The Duke of Kent must have suffered some kind of uniform malfunction because Princess Michael is hovering over him and adjusting his Garter sash.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

I’m surprised Princess Alexandra wasn’t there.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

What an impressive flypast! I even clapped all the way from the Midwest.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-10-2018, 09:32 AM
Majesty

Thank you iceflower for posting the photos and links. Some really lovely photos there!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I’m surprised Princess Alexandra wasn’t there.
She was!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhvxSo_XUAA9k5z.jpg:large
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Why didn’t they announce Kate as coming though? They obviously knew ahead of time given she was in the OOS.

Can’t wait to watch videos when I am off work!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Why didn’t they announce Kate as coming though? They obviously knew ahead of time given she was in the OOS.

Can’t wait to watch videos when I am off work!
Her attendance wasn’t announced because she’s on maternity leave. She’s going to start popping up on occasions until she’s officially back.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The twitter feed of Westminster Abbey has released the PDF for the Order of Service and it lists all those attending. It even mentions The Duchess of Cambridge, who I didn’t think was going.

Basically “the usual suspects” are all good but the BBC are now only interested in mentioning the famous ones.
I see. I'm a little frustrated by this as it would be nice to have a easy place to find all those attending. And what was going on on the balcony today? I only saw pics from the center which included HM, Prince Charles' family, Prince Andrew, and Sophie (although only a few had Sophie). Did they have the extended members on the balcony as well, or no?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I see. I'm a little frustrated by this as it would be nice to have a easy place to find all those attending. And what was going on on the balcony today? I only saw pics from the center which included HM, Prince Charles' family, Prince Andrew, and Sophie (although only a few had Sophie). Did they have the extended members on the balcony as well, or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
See photo posted by ACO--full contingent of royals on the balcony.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Her attendance wasn’t announced because she’s on maternity leave. She’s going to start popping up on occasions until she’s officially back.

When was this engagement announced for others? You can bet that OOS was printed weeks if not months ago.
The fact that she’s printed in the book they had more than an incline she would attend. It’s hardly “popping up” when it’s been planned for a while.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
When was this engagement announced for others? You can bet that OOS was printed weeks if not months ago.
The fact that she’s printed in the book they had more than an incline she would attend. It’s hardly “popping up” when it’s been planned for a while.
I don't know if the program would've been printed that long ago as they would leave little room for contingent events.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Nobility

There was a short video from today of the family leaving the Abbey and the Queen appeared to stumble a bit. When I watched it, it looked to me not so much a stumble but what one might do when one is a bit dizzy. She crossed one leg in front of the other when walking. Even the officiant put out a hand as though he thought she was going to need help regaining her balance. At her age this is hardly surprising but I wonder if she might not have an inner ear infection or something of the sort given that she was feeling under the weather last week and then seemed to lose her balance like this today. Combined with missing Louis' christening yesterday it seems likely that it's a relatively minor issue but certainly something that could cause difficulty in a woman of her age.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

My husband and I visited Windsor Castle today and thankfully an employee advised us to hang around outside for a few more minutes to see the flypast on its way to London. So glad we waited, very impressive display. The red arrows released their colours over Windsor Castle also.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I don't know if the program would've been printed that long ago as they would leave little room for contingent events.

Well we only have to look at the OOS for Meghan and Henry’s wedding to see this is practice. This event has been in the planning for ages. It’s the fact that BP didn’t even say this morning she was coming, it took the release of the OOS to tell the world.