The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

L9I don't think it would be taken well by the British. Especially not with this timing. He finally is working as a full-time royal and would take months off just to be with his family?

He didn't need to recover from labour nor does Louis depend on him for breastfeeding. So, equality sounds nice and fathers definitely need more opportunities to spend time with their families. However, it wouldn't be equal to give the father's the same treatment as the mothers who just gave birth and have a baby that depends on them for milk (in most cases) especially in the first few months. Splitting additional parental leave is different but these first few months are a necessity imo for mother and child.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Let’s move on from the discussion of Kate’s maternity leave (and William’s lack of paternity leave), which is off topic to this thread.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks iceflower!

Old 07-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen accompanied by HRH The Duke of York and HRH The Earl of Wessex attended a RAF Squadron reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh from yesterday.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Today, the NHS turns 70!

The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex are attending events to mark the occasion in Wales, Scotland and England. More to follow later...

Via Royal Family Twitter
Old 07-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth as Colonel-in-Chief presented a new Standard to the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (Carabiniers & Greys) at Leuchars today, July 5. The Duke of Kent as Deputy Colonel-in-Chief was present as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** dailymail: Watch out Ma'am! The Queen looks a little unsteady as she grapples with a flag pole while presenting ..**
Old 07-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen on a military visit to Fife in Scotland .

Old 07-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks iceflower!

Our matchless Queen looks great, and that smile of hers can melt icebergs.

Videos:

Old 07-06-2018, 05:26 AM
Aristocracy

The Queen and the Duke of Kent meeting some of the RSDGs (Edward's old regiment where he served for 20 years and he had his Lt Colonels uniform on. Must have been weird for him what with them carrying their Icon of the Tsar around everywhere looking like his brother

ETA nice touch with her wearing grey for the day
Old 07-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn joins The Queen and Members of the Royal Family to attend the Order of the Thistle Service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh #HolyroodWeek

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Queen dons traditional velvet robes and a white plumed hat at Order of the Thistle service
Old 07-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Here are some more nice photos from today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen And Duke Of Cambridge Attend The Thistle Service In Edinburgh **
Old 07-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Majesty

The Queen and Prince William attend the Thistle Service in Scotland

Old 07-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've only spotted Sir Tim Lawrence walking behind the Princess Royal at the end of the video

Old 07-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Rudolph & iceflower!

So, here she is again in full regalia/robes on what I understand is a very hot day in Edinburgh, not bad at 92.
And when you think about it, most 92-year-olds would never have managed to pull that off, would they? - Yes, she is used to it, but she doesn't wear it that often, so hats of to her (again).
Old 07-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All I could think of watching the video is that with all that regalia on and in the heat, it must be pretty draining. On top of that, all that regalia adds extra weight that puts more pressure on the knees. I cringed when HM approached the steps but down them she went with grace and dignity.

How nice was it that she was accompanied by William at her side and riding with her in the car. They had a lot to catch up on after William's Middle Eastern tour but just seeing grandmother and grandson together was heartwarming.

Anne looked every bit as regal. Quite the family outing in Scotland.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-07-2018, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have always loved the gorgeous robes of the Order of the Thistle (since I had a collecting doll of the Queen wearing the gorgeous velvet train) But how heavy that train must be, and she carries this off along with the other regalia with such aplomb. Some lovely footage in the car with William as they drive away looking happy, and as said previously, Anne looks so regal.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I have always loved the gorgeous robes of the Order of the Thistle (since I had a collecting doll of the Queen wearing the gorgeous velvet train) But how heavy that train must be, and she carries this off along with the other regalia with such aplomb. Some lovely footage in the car with William as they drive away looking happy, and as said previously, Anne looks so regal.
QEII carries this off with pages. Literally.

And the Thistle is my favorite of the Robes for Orders!
Old 07-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Who was today's page?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Who was today's page?

The page yesterday was the Hon Augustus Stanhope

Nephew of the Countess of Snowdon

God Save The Queen!

Old 07-08-2018, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
The page yesterday was the Hon Augustus Stanhope

Nephew of the Countess of Snowdon
I searched everywhere for that info, where did you find it?