The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I wouldn’t have recognized Sir Lenny- love him!
Hasn't he been diagnosed with a diabetic condition and consequently has lost a lot of weight? i agree he looks as if his face has become gaunt. Glad to see him there though!

Harty's speech was full of enthusiasm for his new role, and I'm sure he and Meghan are looking forward to seeing as much of the Commonwealth as possible in the coming years.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Is Beckham still going after his Knighthood? He just loves rubbing shoulders with the royals.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Interviews with two Australian winners of the Queen's Young Leaders Award at the event.

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/sta...60740556890112
Old 06-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Is Beckham still going after his Knighthood? He just loves rubbing shoulders with the royals.
Most people do.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-27-2018, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was such a to do about him actively wanting a knighthood I genuinly don’t think it's on the cards for a long while yet.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Princess Anne and the Duke of Kent, both as Royal Fellows of The Royal Academy of Engineering, attended the Academy's Awards Dinner at The Pavilion, Tower of London, yesterday, June 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 06-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Another big royal family event with balcony appearance. I guess The Sussexes will head straight for the airport after that.

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
BIG royal outing: The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Edward will attend a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force on July 10, ahead of #HarryandMeghan's visit to Dublin.

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
The Queen and Prince of Wales will then present a new Queen's Colour to the @RoyalAirForce on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace and make a short speech. Members of the Royal Family will then view a flypast and Feu de Joie from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:32 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Kent attended the Queen's Award For Enterprise reception at Buckingham Palace yesterday, June 28:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** dailymail article **
Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
Majesty

HOLYROOD WEEK: The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Cambridge and the Princess Royal, will attend the Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral @StGilesHighKirk in Edinburgh next Friday, 6th July, for the installation of the Duke of Buccleuch and Queensberry and Sir Ian Wood.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter
Old 06-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Another big royal family event with balcony appearance. I guess The Sussexes will head straight for the airport after that.

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
BIG royal outing: The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Meghan, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Edward will attend a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force on July 10, ahead of #HarryandMeghan's visit to Dublin.

@emynash
Follow Follow @emynash
More
The Queen and Prince of Wales will then present a new Queen's Colour to the @RoyalAirForce on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace and make a short speech. Members of the Royal Family will then view a flypast and Feu de Joie from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

I have read somewhere that Catherine will be there too.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like Megha, Serena Williams and her husband, and Mark Dyer all came to watch.

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...s-for.html?m=1
Old 06-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

So good to see the Sussex’s and the Duke of Cambridge enjoying a day out at polo with friends.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-30-2018, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

The RAF 100 event, why is Kate not going? I found no articles saying she is and she is a future queen.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:46 PM
Courtier

If she doesn't go, it's likely because she's still on maternity leave. It's standard in the UK for women to take upwards of a year off work when they have a baby. Kate won't take anything like that amount of time of course.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of yesterday's polo match:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 07-01-2018, 02:49 AM
Nobility

I've seen some people suggest the lady in the white shirt and pink skirt is Mark Dyers wife and the little boy Meghan was pictured rolling the ball to was Jasper Dyer but I don't think they look similar at all. Do we know who the lady and presumably her son is?
Old 07-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Today, July 3, Queen Elizabeth as Honorary Air Commodor hosted a reception for No. 603 (City of Edinburgh) Squadron RauxAF at Holyrood Palace. The Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex attended as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Royal mint! The Queen looks in good health as she hosts a reception for the City of Edinburgh Squadron ..**
Old 07-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

HM, accompanied by The Duke of York & The Earl of Wessex, looked as great as ever when she hosted a Garden Party in the beautiful grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse today. - From the Royal Family's twitter account:

photos 1 to 5 - photo 6

No articles/galleries yet.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Here's a gallery and an article

** pa gallery **

** dailymail: Quick change Queen! The monarch looks elegant in florals as she hosts her annual summer Garden Party in Edinburgh..**
Old 07-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
If she doesn't go, it's likely because she's still on maternity leave. It's standard in the UK for women to take upwards of a year off work when they have a baby. Kate won't take anything like that amount of time of course.

She is. It was announced that Catherine will take up her royal duties again not before the end of summer (Trooping the Colour was an exception. The only real outing will be at the family gathering for her new son s christening).

I only wonder why William is not joining her in parental leave... They could split it up (very common in Germany and I think in the scandinavian countries). This would be a real signal for gender equality (and modern monarchy!). I hope, at least in the western world, where mum stays at home nursing the little ones while Dad goes out hunting are well and truely over...!

Closed Thread