The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Prince Phillip is totally irrelevant to this discussion, I would dare say he gets by with a lot more being the Queen's spouse than any other royal (including Charles) would ever dream of. Plus he has some seventy years of doing it correctly, he's allowed to slip every now and then.

Meghan wasn't showing courtesy (not curtesy), she was showing utter confusion and practically begging to be told what to do. IMO that's not okay, she needs to know beforehand what is correct and what is not. Just because you say the royals are more relaxed doesn't make it true, royal etiquette is there for a reason, to show respect for the monarch. IMO it was very disrespectful of Meghan not to know the etiquette and to put HM in a position where she had to diffuse Meghan's gaff in public.
You don't have to like Meghan but you need to stop letting hate cloud your judgment. This is not a personal attack.

Quote:
HM has good chemistry with everyone in public, it's part of her job as head of the family to appear at ease with those around her. Meghan appeared nonplussed and awkward at the car, it's really not okay not to know the basic rules of royal etiquette no matter if the Queen smoothed it over or not.

Regarding Meghan's demeanor, I have always found her very immature for her age, but I find Harry to be the same way, so they're a good match in that sense.
Calling Meghan and Harry immature is the biggest irony. I will say it again. This is not a personal attack.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The truth is that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussexís day of official engagements in Chester was a huge success. Whatís even more precious is that the two senior royal ladies spent some quality time together on the Royal Train. They clearly enjoyed each otherís company and I know Harry mustíve looked at the coverage with a great deal of happiness.

Meghan passed the test!

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2018, 02:02 AM
Courtier

It's great travelling by train with a companion and I'm sure Meghan had fun.
She will learn protocol bit by bit and it is a perfect way to learn on the job from the best.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So who is meant to go in the car first ? Just in case I ever spend the day with the Queen!!!
TBH, I think it can go both way as Iíve seen it done both ways yesterday as well as other times. However, the Queen seems to only use one door getting in and out of cars even when there is another passenger in the car, but that isnít observed by all royals.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator

On June 14, Princess Anne as Trust of Council, the Duke of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra attended the St George's House Annual Lecture in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani257 View Post
It's like she has to be absolutely perfect, but I bet if Meghan did everything perfectly by the most judgmental standard, those standards would shift and probably accuse her of showing off or being too eager to get it right or some such thing.
If Meghan never made a mistake and did everything in public view flawlessly and was seen to be loved and admired by HM, The Queen, it wouldn't be long before the detractors would start bleating "She's trying to take over being the Queen from HM with her "perfect act".

Some people you just want to be right next to and have a huge investment in pearl necklace repair companies because you see it coming as sure as lawyers chasing after ambulances for a "personal damage lawsuit". There is just no way a negative person can see a positive thing. Its their nature.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Whatever Meghan is or is not, I would never call either her or Harry immature for their age. Perhaps a little projecting?
I'm really getting tired of the personal attacks, I do wish you'd all stop. If you don't like my opinion, click the ignore button. I find it quite handy myself. But don't attack me personally, it's against forum rules and it also shows that your argument/position is weak when you stoop to name calling on other posters.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
The Queen and Duchess of Sussex on their way to lunch in Chester-
https://mobile.twitter.com/DressDuch...23474189697025

The Queen and Meghan sans coat and cape.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2018, 11:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love the dress without the cape.

LaRae
Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Seeing the dress without the cape made me appreciate the cape more. I love this overall look for Meghan. The Queen is also looking lovely in her spring get-up. What other events are coming up? I've just got my ahead above water after a few weeks of projects, so I'm not sure.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Seeing the dress without the cape made me appreciate the cape more. I love this overall look for Meghan. The Queen is also looking lovely in her spring get-up. What other events are coming up? I've just got my ahead above water after a few weeks of projects, so I'm not sure.
The Garter Service is coming up on Monday and then Royal Ascot week.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I'm really getting tired of the personal attacks, I do wish you'd all stop. If you don't like my opinion, click the ignore button. I find it quite handy myself. But don't attack me personally, it's against forum rules and it also shows that your argument/position is weak when you stoop to name calling on other posters.
Well, stating that someone is disrespectful for asking and clarifying about entering a car is also a personal attack. You can't have it both ways.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
The Queen and Duchess of Sussex on their way to lunch in Chester-
https://mobile.twitter.com/DressDuch...23474189697025

The Queen and Meghan sans coat and cape.
Thank you Dman, that is a much better view of both HM and Meghan. I really like Meghan's sheath both with and without the capelet and HM's dress is the epitome of Spring and the greens suit her so well.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The truth is that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussex’s day of official engagements in Chester was a huge success. What’s even more precious is that the two senior royal ladies spent some quality time together on the Royal Train. They clearly enjoyed each other’s company and I know Harry must’ve looked at the coverage with a great deal of happiness.

Meghan passed the test!

I feel very sure Harry was as glued to the live stream as many of us were
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, will host the final Queen’s Young Leaders Awards at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday, June 26th-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...19596386390016

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is one occasion where I am absolutely thrilled to have been wrong. At first, it was my opinion that after the marriage, Harry and Meghan would be given time, like William and Kate did, to adjust to married life and then slowly work their way into doing more and more royal engagements. I really have been proven wrong haven't i?

This is another fantastic engagement for the couple that comes right almost on the heels of the wedding with Meghan already doing a trip with the Queen, a few foreign visits in the works and now seeing Harry and Meghan with the Queen for the Young Leaders Awards banquet at BP. Getting right in there and getting busy with Harry's new role as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador with Meghan by his side.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes I am too looking forward to this engagement next week!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Interestingly, Suhani Jalota, who founded The Myna Mahila Foundation, was one of the winners for the Queen's Young Leader Awards in 2017.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is one occasion where I am absolutely thrilled to have been wrong. At first, it was my opinion that after the marriage, Harry and Meghan would be given time, like William and Kate did, to adjust to married life and then slowly work their way into doing more and more royal engagements. I really have been proven wrong haven't i?

This is another fantastic engagement for the couple that comes right almost on the heels of the wedding with Meghan already doing a trip with the Queen, a few foreign visits in the works and now seeing Harry and Meghan with the Queen for the Young Leaders Awards banquet at BP. Getting right in there and getting busy with Harry's new role as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador with Meghan by his side.
Well, from what weíve seen in their engagement interview, Meghan was really serious about getting down to work. Harry being out of the military and pretty much focused on royal duties, Commonwealth and the Invictus Games, give the couple a lot of work to do.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This keeps being repeated but itís two different situations. 2 months after William and Kate were married they embarked on the most publicised Canadian tour in 30 years. They then went to Los Angeles.

What was different 7 years ago was William was stationed in northern Wales as a SAR pilot. Just like Harry was in the Army. He was doing like maybe 30 engagements a year, if that.

There was a skeleton staff looking after them. Nothing like the fully functioning KP we see today.

So it wasnít they needed time to Ďadjustí but it was just a different period to where H&M are now.

If Meghan married Harry 7 years ago her start to royal life would be very different than it is now.

In 2012 Kate did over 100 engagements. She was exactly hiding away.

Closed Thread