The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's good chemistry, but I am already getting annoyed by a 36 year old acting like a little girl who has never seen crowds or cameras before or knows nothing about the BRF.
Many/most people enjoy the sight of a lovely and ebullient young woman who is enjoying her new life, and sharing her joy with those around her. Perhaps you would prefer a grumpy sourpuss in this position?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Many/most people enjoy the sight of a lovely and ebullient young woman who is enjoying her new life, and sharing her joy with those around her. Perhaps you would prefer a grumpy sourpuss in this position?
I think shes genuine. Shes enjoying herself and it shows. I dont want her to be robotic and removed from the common folks. I want her to remain the person who has seemingly charmed the BRF (at least, the ones that are in her direct sphere).

Old 06-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Lady Helen looks fantastic!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It's good chemistry, but I am already getting annoyed by a 36 year old acting like a little girl who has never seen crowds or cameras before or knows nothing about the BRF.
Why would you be annoyed at both the Queen and the Duchess enjoying themselves? And the crowds doing the same? Is that somehow a sign that all involved know nothing about the BRF?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Lady Helen looks fantastic!

Yes she does. She's a true beauty like her mother.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Who is doing this? On which engagement? IMHO this can't be about Meghan, for sure, because there's nothing little girlish about her behaviour.

I thought this engagement couldn't have gone better. Meghan and The Queen had clearly great time together, the crowds were huge, and it was a total success.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Omid had a video of HMQ and DOS on the balcony to cheers and applause. The Queen said something and the Duchess responded, I am surprised the tabloids haven't brought out their lip readers yet. Both look quite happy to be there.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1007305734642683905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Who is doing this? On which engagement? IMHO this can't be about Meghan, for sure, because there's nothing little girlish about her behaviour.

I thought this engagement couldn't have gone better. Meghan and The Queen had clearly great time together, the crowds were huge, and it was a total success.
Or know nothing about the BRF because she handled the entire trip without a misstep. Even though the headlines about breaking royal protocol was likely already on the template ahead of time.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
HM has good chemistry with everyone in public, it's part of her job as head of the family to appear at ease with those around her. Meghan appeared nonplussed and awkward at the car, it's really not okay not to know the basic rules of royal etiquette no matter if the Queen smoothed it over or not.

Regarding Meghan's demeanor, I have always found her very immature for her age, but I find Harry to be the same way, so they're a good match in that sense.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

I think it was very clever, that the Queen travelled with Meghan. I mean it was sure a big question for lot of people - also for me -, what she is really thinking about Harry's choice, did she really accept her or only because of the love for Harry tolerates she her. And with this trip we can see, that they understand each other wonderfully! It is great, that Meghan can learn her first official steps from the Queen!
Old 06-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of Cambridge as President attended a reception and dinner to thank supporters of the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity today.

Lady Helen attended as well.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

The Duke is President of the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital.

More Information: The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
HM has good chemistry with everyone in public, it's part of her job as head of the family to appear at ease with those around her. Meghan appeared nonplussed and awkward at the car, it's really not okay not to know the basic rules of royal etiquette no matter if the Queen smoothed it over or not.

Regarding Meghan's demeanor, I have always found her very immature for her age, but I find Harry to be the same way, so they're a good match in that sense.
The car entrance was a nonissue. Prince Philip is known to let The Queen get in first and he then would crawl in past her to get to his seat. None of it matters, just as long the person don’t sit on the right side, which is where The Queen sits. Meghan was just showing curtesy to her grandmother-in-law.

Not everything is a royal etiquette lesson. The royals are more relaxed than most would like to think.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

There is no etiquette saying one gets into the car before the higher ranking royal.

Even a lot of royal correspondents and commentators are tired of the constant jump to "breaking protocol" at the slightest thing.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was a blip in the day...a situation that happened over a few seconds and it was not a goof or even a big deal..there was not 'covering' up anything...the question was asked and answered..they moved on from there. You are simply insistent in making mountains out of molehills.

LaRae
Old 06-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Where is this video about this "car misadventure"? I didn't find it... :( Can anybody post it? Thanks!
Old 06-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Where is this video about this "car misadventure"? I didn't find it... :( Can anybody post it? Thanks!
The entire situation starts at 1:03 mark if you want to skip the screaming before then. Meghan was walking up and the RPO informed her to stay on this side as she was about to walk towards the other side (I'm not sure if this is a security issue or if only one side is allowed with the Queen's car, I've seen both sides being used by others) and she walked up. There was already a slight confusion there before she event came up as HM had plenty of time to get in the car first as she's done before if she wished. The guy that was waiting at the car door and holding her blanket also had a moment of confusion and leaned down to talk to The Queen. In another video I've seen, there was already an exchange going on between the Queen and that guy before Meghan walked up to HM.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ester-12703734
Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I doubt the Queen thought about it again...she is not as hung up about things as people like to think. They are all human, they all goof. There are pics of other newbie royals having to be reminded or directed about what to do...they weren't cast out or sent to reform school over it.
If anything, goof ups are something the Queen looks for and enjoys immensely. Things get boring doing the same routine day in and day out and protocol is followed to the T and everyone "performs" accordingly without a flaw. I've read it in several sources that when things go haywire or bump in the night or someone goofs up, its a huge source of relieving the boredom for the Queen and she gets a private giggle out of it.

What I saw with this joint engagement was two women who enjoyed being in each other's company and acted like they enjoyed each other. They were being human and not stiff marionettes on a string.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Over on Twitter, Emily and Omid have a nice chat today on their OnHeir podcast.

Discussion about the event with the Queen/Meghan...including the car! lol

LaRae
Old 06-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

The car is a no issue. The earrings are lovely and a sweet gesture from the queen. Some people can't stand the fact Meghan is a royal and hope she crashes and burn like Fergie and get run out of the BRF and the UK on a rail.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

I think people again are inventing protocols to beat Meghan up with.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I think people again are inventing protocols to beat Meghan up with.
Yeah, I find that royal watchers online are more strict on royal protocol and etiquette than the royal family are. They sometimes even make the stuff up. The media are big on protocol too. They happen to think everything is a tradition. The royal family have some traditions they follow, but it’s not as strict and stiff as some folks like to think. It’s why the royal family dislike people meeting them with preconceived notions on who they are and how to act around them.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread