The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As Iíve written before currently experience gusts of up to 60mph here in the north west, which have been predicted for at least 2-3 days. They are due to die down late afternoon but Iím very surprised Meghan didnít do something with her.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
Her Majesty The Queen and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex arrival at Runcorn Station and visit to Catalyst Museum in Widnes-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...idnes?type=raw

The Queen and Duchess of Sussex opening Mersey Gateway Bridge in Widnes:
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...idnes?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

These are great pictures. Ah, love them. HM's smile is adorable..
Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Her Majesty has been praised today for wearing Green. It is a year since the Grenfell tragedy and at the time a hashtag #greenforgrenfell was widely used. Green has been worn my many members of the public today in memory.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It’s so sweet that Meghan is wearing her pearl earrings that were a gift from The Queen today. Buckingham Palace confirmed it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

The queen seems to smile a lot when she interacts with Meghan. I'm sure they had a good conversation yesterday evening on their train ride.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Some great pics coming out of today's engagements. These two seem to be getting on really well! Wonderful to see.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks to everyone that has posted wonderful pictures of the joint engagement today. It looks like Meghan is well aware of protocol when attending an event with the Queen but there are a few snaps that show that these two women are beyond having just a "formal" relationship. In some pictures (especially the one Royal Norway has pointed out), Meghan almost looks like a granddaughter doting on her grandmother.

Its wonderful that there is such recognition in memory of those that were affected by the fire at Grenfell Tower a year ago.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
. In some pictures (especially the one Royal Norway has pointed out), Meghan almost looks like a granddaughter doting on her grandmother.

I believe Meghan is someone who has a lot fo warm feelings for family and a wish to heal wounds. That's what Harry needs and that what she can give to Her Majesty. I believe the Queen recognizes that, that is deep felt but , due to the facts of her new life, needs to be adapted to a Royal life. They will show her, but they won't try to break her into the Royal mould like they did with her late mother-in-law. And thus far, it seems as if they all delight in her. (You know, there are people like that! Who don't have a bad thought against others without being naive or easily influecible by negative people. I am married to such a man. I am so fortunate!!! As is Harry and his family!)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

ITN videos of our beautiful amazing Queen (as one said it on twitter) and Meghan of course, who did a great job in accompanying HM today:

Old 06-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I read elsewhere that the only 'bobble' was Meghan was unsure if the Queen was to get into the car first or herself so she simply asked the Queen her preference ..and was told to get in first (by the Queen).

LaRae
Old 06-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is another asset that Meghan has in her repertoire. When in doubt, ask questions and get to the heart of the matter and resolve the problem. I like that.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-14-2018, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I believe Meghan is someone who has a lot fo warm feelings for family and a wish to heal wounds. That's what Harry needs and that what she can give to Her Majesty. I believe the Queen recognizes that, that is deep felt but , due to the facts of her new life, needs to be adapted to a Royal life. They will show her, but they won't try to break her into the Royal mould like they did with her late mother-in-law. And thus far, it seems as if they all delight in her. (You know, there are people like that! Who don't have a bad thought against others without being naive or easily influecible by negative people. I am married to such a man. I am so fortunate!!! As is Harry and his family!)
The bolded part is for another thread. Meanwhile, I agree that the marriage between Prince Harry and Meghan is in and of itself a healing for the royal family on a number of levels. The royals have been in the process for some time of learning from the wounds of the past. Even Kate (as an upper middle class British commoner) joining the royals was a relaxation of rigid royal traditions. The marriage of Lady Davina Windsor to Gary Lewis of New Zealand might also be seen as a kind of redemption for the disastrous fate her Uncle William of Gloucester suffered in being denied the right to marry the woman he loved during the early 1970s. That royals can now marry for love is a good thing, and it does make for stronger, happier couples and families within the royal firm.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like that Meghan showed curtesy to The Queen on entering the car, because The Queen only sits on the right side for security reasons. Definitely don’t want to get that wrong!

Video:
The Queen and Duchess of Sussex visiting the Storyhouse Arts Centre, and greeting the crowds from the town hall-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...ester?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's good chemistry, but I am already getting annoyed by a 36 year old acting like a little girl who has never seen crowds or cameras before or knows nothing about the BRF.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I read elsewhere that the only 'bobble' was Meghan was unsure if the Queen was to get into the car first or herself so she simply asked the Queen her preference ..and was told to get in first (by the Queen).

LaRae
Ignore the title but here's a video:
Awkward moment the Queen lets Meghan Markle get into the car first | Daily Mail Online

They approach the car Meghan is told by an RPO to go in first but The Queen is in front of her. Meghan is doing what anyone would and allow The Queen to go first, The Queen then looks towards Meghan who then asks what's her preference and Meghan goes first. Frankly I think it's a lovely interaction as opposed to a faux pas.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Commoner

to me it looks like the queen is enjoying the company of the duchess. I think, harry married the right one.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

From Neil Henderson of BBC.

Neil Henderson

Verified account

@hendopolis
4h4 hours ago
More
They’re on her like the CIA with a hangover and all they can get her for is maybe the wrong door on a car. Hats off to you #Meghan anyway it’s only Cheshire.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I just love the photos of Meghan and HM from Cheshire. Meghan seems to be one of those people who is easy to get along with, as she appears to share warm relationships with many of her in-laws. It's clear that the two were both enjoying themselves today.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
From Neil Henderson of BBC.

Neil Henderson

Verified account

@hendopolis
4h4 hours ago
More
They’re on her like the CIA with a hangover and all they can get her for is maybe the wrong door on a car. Hats off to you #Meghan anyway it’s only Cheshire.

Meanwhile Meghan is clearly in her element and having the time of her life, despite the OTT examination with a microscope by all and sundry...

It's fun following it all, but of course, no matter what any of us think or like, Meghan is on the inside of the royal firm, as the newest member of this prestigious family. The rest of us are on the outside looking in, and we only get to see what they allow us to see.

Closed Thread