The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
And why should they? I get that she's new and shiny and all, but not everything has to be publicized
Because KP's twitter is specifically for publicizing the Cambridges' and Sussex's work, including events they attend. They aren't tweeting this because BP is handling this one as HMQ is the host royal. Official details were sent out from BP regarding details of the day from beginning to end was released by BP the next day. And on the day of, they'll mostly retweet what The Royal Family twitter sends out and then add one or two of their own.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth and the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Medical Detection Dogs attended the 10th anniversary celebration at The Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace, today, June 6:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Beaming Queen looks elegant in blue as she is accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend..**

Article from ITV's Royal Editor, Chris Ship:
The dogs which showed the Queen and Camilla how they can sniff out cancer - ITV News
Quote:
The Queen has been told how dogs are so far ahead of humans when it comes to detecting cancer, scientists are developing a digital dog’s nose.

If successful, she was told, it will save lives.

Dogs which sniff out cancers are trained by the charity Medical Detection Dogs.

And in the Royal Mews, the stables at the back of Buckingham Palace earlier, the Queen watched Kizzy – a cocker spaniel – discover which of the eight urine samples placed in front of her came from a human with bladder cancer.
--------------------

ITN video:

Old 06-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
And why should they? I get that she's new and shiny and all, but not everything has to be publicized
The job of KP Twitter account IS to publicize the Cambridges and Sussexes work, their engagements. That's why it's there.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
how very blandly decorated the royal train is
This is largely due to the design influences of the DoE.. the private areas of the [ex] Royal Yacht, Britannia were exactly the same [and even the 'reception rooms' were pretty plain].
If one spends ones life in elaborately decorated Palaces, surrounded by priceless antiques, 'bland' is probably welcome [once in awhile]?
Old 06-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
The job of KP Twitter account IS to publicize the Cambridges and Sussexes work, their engagements. That's why it's there.
I suspect that they take a much more cautious approach when the Queen is involved and it's really the Queen's engagement which Meghan is simply tagging along for.

Perhaps KP don't want to announce it ahead of the main RF Twitter account doing so? From what I see it doesn't seem to announce lots of the Queen's engagements on Twitter ahead of time, perhaps for security reasons. Tweeting to almost 4 million people is a bit different to putting it on the diary section of the RF website.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I suspect that they take a much more cautious approach when the Queen is involved and it's really the Queen's engagement which Meghan is simply tagging along for.

Perhaps KP don't want to announce it ahead of the main RF Twitter account doing so? From what I see it doesn't seem to announce lots of the Queen's engagements on Twitter ahead of time, perhaps for security reasons. Tweeting to almost 4 million people is a bit different to putting it on the diary section of the RF website.
Maybe this is the generational issue? There was detailed schedule of the day's events laid out on a formal press release to the royal press pack. And a digital copy of that has since been tweeted by some (including the plague typo ).
Old 06-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Courtier

This event isn't going to need marketing anyway, the press will be all over it big time. If I was Meghan right now I would be, to quote Prince Harry himself, "bricking it".
Old 06-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why...she's done everything in stride...nothing seems to have fazed her much since the Christmas appearance, which is the only time I've really seen her look nervous.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Majesty

I’m sure she’ll be fine. Her appearances to date have really just amounted to being a plus one. This upcoming engagement will be The Queen’s show. Meghan just has to smile and shake hands.

It’s not rocket science.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are more photos of today's Garden Party. The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were present:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Dapper Prince Charles is joined by the Duchess of Cornwall as he steps in for his mother the Queen to host a garden party... **
Prince and Princess Michael are in the Court Circular, but I can’t find any photos of them.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m sure she’ll be fine. Her appearances to date have really just amounted to being a plus one. This upcoming engagement will be The Queen’s show. Meghan just has to smile and shake hands.

It’s not rocket science.
Umm, that's pretty much the same thing the Queen will do. None of these engagements are rocket science for any royal.

And lets be real, the press will be all over this because of Meghan...to see her and how she interacts with the Queen.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Majesty

it isn't what we will see that matters - its the hours on the train that Meghan will spend 1-1 with the Queen.

Very unusual situation

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
it isn't what we will see that matters - its the hours on the train that Meghan will spend 1-1 with the Queen.

Very unusual situation
Not really, when you consider that the Countess of Wessex spends a great deal of one on one time with Her Majesty on a regular basis.

I like that Meghan is eager to just dive into royal duties.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Very unusual situation
Do we know when they'll travel? Like when they'll leave and when they are expected to arrive? It seems to be about 3 hours of travel time normally. Obviously it'll be slower as the Royal Train goes at a slower rate. But it seems to be odd to do overnight unless they are stopping somewhere?
Old 06-07-2018, 02:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:

It’s not rocket science.
"Just watch and learn" kind of experience?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Why...she's done everything in stride...nothing seems to have fazed her much since the Christmas appearance, which is the only time I've really seen her look nervous.

LaRae
Yeah, this is a different thing. She's had Harry with her on all her public appearances so far to start with. She'll be desperate I'm sure to make a good impression on HMQ, to not embarrass her or herself, to impress HM as well as those she meets.

Spending hours 1-1 with HM on the Royal Train before it will also surely be daunting. I have no doubt the Queen will do her very best to reassure her and make her feel relaxed, but to be on public display alongside the institution that is HMQ, knowing she and everyone else will be watching every minute thing that goes on, that's bound to make even the most confident person nervous.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

It’s not rocket science.
I'm sure no one expected her to do solo engagements while she wasn't even a member of the Royal Family, right? I mean, she has been a Royal less than a month.

I'm eager to see this engagement happen. A short walk about too.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Yeah, this is a different thing. She's had Harry with her on all her public appearances so far to start with. She'll be desperate I'm sure to make a good impression on HMQ, to not embarrass her or herself, to impress HM as well as those she meets.

Spending hours 1-1 with HM on the Royal Train before it will also surely be daunting. I have no doubt the Queen will do her very best to reassure her and make her feel relaxed, but to be on public display alongside the institution that is HMQ, knowing she and everyone else will be watching every minute thing that goes on, that's bound to make even the most confident person nervous.

She may be very comfortable with the Queen...we really don't know how much time they have spent together behind the scenes. We know they have some sort of rapport due to the dog connection.

A week from today ..should be interesting viewing!

LaRae
Old 06-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Prince of Wales opened The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries at Westminster Abbey today, June 8:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Her Majesty in magenta! The Queen wears an eye-catching shade of pink as she’s joined by Prince Charles..**
Old 06-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Prince of Wales open the Diamond Jubilee Galleries at Westminster Abbey-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...abbey?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread