The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Alexandra attended the Investec Derby Festival today, June 2nd:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The Chester Chronicle is reporting that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussex will undertake engagements in Chester on June 14, 2018. I don't believe I've seen this reported anywhere else yet.

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/n...house-14740165

UPDATE: It's under FE on the royal family website.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The Chester Chronicle is reporting that The Queen and The Duchess of Sussex will undertake engagements in Chester on June 14, 2018. I don't believe I've seen this reported anywhere else yet.

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/n...house-14740165

UPDATE: It's under FE on the royal family website.
It’s under the official Royal Diary. Yes, The Queen accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex will conduct engagements in Chester. It’s that KP haven’t tweeted the engagement yet and the media haven’t picked it up. Very exciting news!

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Nobility

On June 14th, 2018, The Queen accompanied by the Duchess of Sussex will open the Mersey Gateway Bridge, at Catalyst Science Discovery Centre in Widnes. Afterwards Her Majesty and The Duchess of Sussex will open the Storyhouse Theatre and attend lunch at Chester Town Hall. Both engagements are in Chester.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I’m intrigued as to why The Queen is opening the Storyhouse, is it a patronage of hers? It’s quite a small event to send The Queen to.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

How exciting! I didn’t expect a joint engagement so soon.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen invites newlywed Duchess of Sussex to join her for day of public work - Telegraph
Quote:
After marrying into the Royal family less than a month ago, the Duchess of Sussex is to embark on a lifetime of public service from the most glamorous of events to the rather mundane.

She will do so, it seems, under the guidance of no less than Her Majesty the Queen, who has invited the newlywed Duchess to spend a full day of public engagements with her in Chester next week.

In a remarkable welcome into life in the Royal family, the Queen has asked the Duchess to accompany her on three engagements in a gesture likely to be interpreted as a very visible show of support.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

I'm so excited for this joint engagement! Less than one month after the wedding, too.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Majesty

This is terrific news. A joint engagement! I'm sure there will be lots of photos, a video or two from Royal correspondents.

I'm so looking forward to the trooping and to this engagement.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Courtier

This sounds great!

What a great opportunity for Meghan to learn about the bread and butter royal duties and meeting more people around the country.

Also opening the theater is a nice nod to Meghan's former career.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Awesome! Can't wait to see what they are wearing.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I’m intrigued as to why The Queen is opening the Storyhouse, is it a patronage of hers? It’s quite a small event to send The Queen to.
I just look at the place which is Storyhouse Theatre and look at The Duchess of Sussex and see a glimmer of inspiration there. It may possibly be a patronage that Meghan will take on. Wouldn't surprise me.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

The Storyhouse is said to be very successful, important for the community in Chester and has won several awards and nominations for it. Plus it is the seat of Charles' earldom of Chester - it makes some sense that his mother and daughter-in-law visit it because it is one of earliest Royal peerages. It is a beautiful town as well and if I was the queen and wanted to spend more time with my new granddaughter, I'd take her too so she can see more of historic Britain.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just look at the place which is Storyhouse Theatre and look at The Duchess of Sussex and see a glimmer of inspiration there. It may possibly be a patronage that Meghan will take on. Wouldn't surprise me.

Perhaps but itís quite a small fish in a big pond, also do you get royal patronageís of buildings? Genuine question. The centre is known for supporting community groups and has won several awards but I just donít see whatís so special about it to warrant its opening by The Queen.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

So nice to see a joint engagement with the Queen...she did this for Kate early on too...nice show of support.

LaRae
Old 06-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Chester is indeed a very beautiful and historic place. I don't think the Queen's visited the town for a while. I'm sure they'll enjoy their day together there.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Oh this is sooo exciting! What a treat. And the events sound like they will highlight some lovely organizations!
Old 06-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Doh, I hadn't even considered that.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

I am interested in seeing Meghan's engagement with the queen.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Courtier

I am so excited for this!!!! This is going to be great.

Closed Thread