The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

She doesn't go to Balmoral till July I think?

LaRae

Old 05-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

No, she’s not at Balmoral Castle. She stay at Craigowan Lodge on the Castle’s ground before starting her actual Balmoral stay and that’s not until late July early August.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

As it's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK perhaps HM and the Wessexes decided to take a short break at Balmoral together. As others have said, summer holiday for HM doesn't start until July so they'll all probably be back by Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think Mail online is edited by high school students. The Queen may be in Balmoral but she’s certainly not on break. As you say there’s more big royal events to come.
Quite insulting to high school students!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

The castle is still open to the public so HM must be staying elsewhere, probably Craigowan Lodge. We know the royals use the Balmoral and Sandringham estates more than they use the main houses.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Courtier

I do wish the Queen would wear a seat belt like her granddaughter is doing. Not only is she breaking the law (unless she has a medical certificate saying there is a medical reason why she can't wear one) but it sets a bad example. Seat belts save lives and health.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I do wish the Queen would wear a seat belt like her granddaughter is doing. Not only is she breaking the law (unless she has a medical certificate saying there is a medical reason why she can't wear one) but it sets a bad example. Seat belts save lives and health.
Not that I'm defending not using a seatbelt, and I agree that one should. However, if they are on private land, that's not breaking any law.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would bet my last garlic roll that this is the case. They were on private land. Usually when the Queen is traveling on public roads, she'll have a driver and be all bundled up in the back seat. Seat belts and all.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-27-2018, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Not that I'm defending not using a seatbelt, and I agree that one should. However, if they are on private land, that's not breaking any law.
Thanks Jacqui, I didn't realise they were on private land. My mistake.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen certainly isn't up there for her summer trip yet. Trooping of the color and Ascot she isn't going to miss.

Her 'official summer holiday' starts in August with a visit to the guards. But she often goes up a few days early. But not this early. Seems she and the Wessexes decided to spend a long weekend up there.

She will be staying at Craigowan. She stays there whenever she goes to Balmoral when the castle is open to the public.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought she went there in July?

LaRae
Old 05-28-2018, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

The main summer break is from late July to early October.

The Queen and other members of the family do go up at other times e.g. Charles and Camilla are usually there from Christmas Day afternoon to well into the New Year (Camilla not always all that time but Charles is), along with the Easter break for two or three weeks e.g. this year they were there from Easter which was 1st April and still there after Louis was born on the 23rd with the odd visit elsewhere but based at Birkhall.

The Queen does go up for the odd long weekend.

As for the seatbelt - she never wears one arguing that people want to see her and that a shoulder belt would obscure the view. She may, however, be wearing a lap belt which can't be seen. I have a couple of elderly friends who have medical permission to only have lap belts in their cars due to the issues caused by shoulder belts on their health.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth hosted a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace today, May 31.

The Duke of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Princess Eugenie were present as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** dailymail: Rockstar royal! The Queen, 92, looks trendy in a pair of sunglasses and is mobbed by supporters..**

** dailymail: Royal romantic! Bride-to-be Princess Eugenie makes a statement with a hat emblazoned with the word 'love'..**
Old 05-31-2018, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and members of the royal family attending a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...party?type=raw

Of course at The Queen’s age, one can look frail from time to time, but Her Majesty has been looking young and very happy lately.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Majesty

The Queen hosts Buckingham Palace garden party alongside Prince William

Old 05-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Is this area the place for garden parties? Looks like the same area where they had that other party earlier in the week.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Is this area the place for garden parties? Looks like the same area where they had that other party earlier in the week.
Indeed, this is the main garden at BP. They had a garden party to commemorate the PoW's 70th a few weeks ago.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Majesty

Princess Eugenie was mentioned in the CC for this event
Old 06-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Princess Eugenie was mentioned in the CC for this event
Princess Eugenie and Beatrice are always mentioned in the CC when they attend garden parties, as well as BP receptions.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Good to know
Old 06-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

It’s the Epsom Derby today so I imagine we all see the Queen and occasionally other family members go. Does the Queen have any runners this year?