Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I just LOVE this picture :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...7002552197.jpg

Well i'm repeating myself but again this is SO nice to see the BRF like this. Just heartwarming.
I love this picture as well. I hope we see a lot more of this with them all. I enjoy looking at all of them like a family despite the fact they are also in institution. I feel it is important to be and show both.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla and Meghan photographed holding hands:

https://twitter.com/RoyalDetective8/...68295331123200

Old 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Two lovely pictures! It seems clear to me that they are a loving and united family unit!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I just LOVE this picture :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...7002552197.jpg

Well i'm repeating myself but again this is SO nice to see the BRF like this. Just heartwarming.
With you Nico, a picture can say a thousand words.

Seeing this photo, brings smiles to our own faces and a happiness we’ve wished for.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Administrator

The Earl and Countess of Wessex held a reception for young people, who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award, at the Buckingham Palace Gardens today, May 24. Princess Beatrice attended as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 05-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge held a reception for young people who achieved DoE Gold Award at BP. Prince Edward and Princess Beatrice were also there

Pic 1

Pic 2

Video

Royals assemble at Buckingham Palace for Duke of Edinburgh awards | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of that second reception:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** pa images **
Old 05-24-2018, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke of Cambridge held a reception for young people who achieved DoE Gold Award at BP. Prince Edward and Princess Beatrice were also there

Pic 1

Pic 2

Video

Royals assemble at Buckingham Palace for Duke of Edinburgh awards | Daily Mail Online
Actually, the Duke of Cambridge attended a reception hosted by his uncle the Earl of Wessex-a trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:02 PM
Majesty

You’re right. I was going off the names on the invitation. William before Edward.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Nobility

"
Quote:
"You have inspired William and I, and looking out here today, it is clear to see that we are not alone. You have created an incredible body of work that has, and will continue to make such a huge difference to so many people's lives both here and around the world"

Prince Harry interrupted by a bumblebee during speech | Daily Mail Online

I mean, pretty strong words from Harry ....
Now this is reassuring, even a prince makes mistakes while speaking in public.
In his speech, when he says
".....it has certainly inspired William and I" is a grammatical error in correct english, ...it has inspired US, here an object pronoun instead of a subject pronoun is needed, he should have said "...it has certainly inspired William and ME"...
As a English as a second language speaker, I tend to be petty, sorry
Old 05-26-2018, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Is the next big event for the BRF Trooping of the Color? Can't wait to see Meghan on the balcony of Buckingham Palace along with Harry and the rest of the BRF. But will Eugenie's fiance Jack be on the balcony if Eugenie goes?
Old 05-26-2018, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm a little late but I loved the photos of the Sussexes with Charles and Camilla. It appears that they have a very warm relationship and it was really nice to see them being so openly friendly towards one another. I agree with those who have said we need more photos of the BRF like this! They were just really natural moments.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-26-2018, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
"

".....it has certainly inspired William and I" is a grammatical error in correct english, ...it has inspired US, here an object pronoun instead of a subject pronoun is needed, he should have said "...it has certainly inspired William and ME"...
Your English is impeccable and I admire that in a person that doesn't have English as their native language.

Then again, a lot of us that do speak English as our first language can and do have the option of proclaiming that their grammar wears army boots.

I think the difference is between the written word and the spoken word is that a lot of times when speaking, using conversational grammar as opposed to grammatically correct language makes the difference between talking to people and talking at people.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
"

It is very common to use the wrong pronoun -even by people who should know better. I know I was taught to say the sentence without "Name and" to check for the correct pronoun.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Either William and me, or us is correct. Just take out William read the sentence. That should make it crystal clear.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I went in search of an answer to this and this is what I found.

"In sentence a), Jenny and me/I are the subjects of the verb joined. Therefore, the subject pronoun, I, is considered correct. You will certainly hear native speakers say, “Jenny and me,” and it may be acceptable in spoken English, but most traditional grammarians and English teachers will disapprove."

Now that we got it all sorted out and Harry didn't obviously flunk English grammar, back to Harry and his family supporting their "Grammar".

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa...when-to-use-me
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-26-2018, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, I went in search of an answer to this and this is what I found.

"In sentence a), Jenny and me/I are the subjects of the verb joined. Therefore, the subject pronoun, I, is considered correct. You will certainly hear native speakers say, “Jenny and me,” and it may be acceptable in spoken English, but most traditional grammarians and English teachers will disapprove."

Now that we got it all sorted out and Harry didn't obviously flunk English grammar, back to Harry and his family supporting their "Grammar".

When to use "I" and when to use "me" | Ask The Editor | Learner's Dictionary
In the sentence "William and I were inspired..." one would use "I was inspired..." not "Me was inspired."

However, if the sentence is "You have inspired William and me" you would say "You have inspired me" not "You have inspired I."

That is how you check for the correct pronoun.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth with Prince Edward and Lady Louise at the church today in Balmoral

The Queen is joined in Balmoral by Prince Edward and Lady Louise | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Elizabeth with Prince Edward and Lady Louise at the church today in Balmoral

The Queen is joined in Balmoral by Prince Edward and Lady Louise | Daily Mail Online

Interesting that she is up at Balmoral.

The DM says she has gone for her "summer break." I think they've lost a couple months and events--Trooping and Ascot, DM? Or just poor writing as usual.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Majesty

I think Mail online is edited by high school students. The Queen may be in Balmoral but she’s certainly not on break. As you say there’s more big royal events to come.

Closed Thread