British Royal Family Current Events 9: January 2017 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of Kent visits the National Army Museum for the grand re-opening-
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have joined families of the Westminster terror attack victims and survivors at a special service.

US tourist Melissa Cochran, who suffered a broken leg in the attack which left her husband Kurt dead, arrived at the multi-faith Service of Hope in a wheelchair.

A short time later Prince William laid a wreath at Westminster Abbey's Innocent Victims' Memorial in honour of those who died
Read more: William, Kate and Harry join London terror attack victims' families and survivors at service near site of rampage - Mirror Online

The Queen and Andrew are at Windsor with the Royal Lancers. Anne, Charles and Camilla are overseas. Where are the Wessexes since they weren't in the Abbey ?

The Queen and Andrew are at Windsor with the Royal Lancers. Anne, Charles and Camilla are overseas. Where are the Wessexes since they weren't in the Abbey ?

Maybe they skipped it?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry join the families of victims of the Westminster terror attack, survivors and those who helped on the day for a Service of Hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYpgstFX2z0

London terror attack survivors attend service with Royals | Daily Mail Online

Read more: Westminster attack: Prince Harry and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join injured survivors and victims' families at Service of Hope
The congregation of 1,800 includes members of the emergency services, the Home Secretary, Amber Rudd, Metropolitan Police Acting Commissioner, Craig Mackey, London Mayor Sadiq Khan and Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn.

Two weeks after the attack, seven people are still in hospital with their injuries.

The Duke laid a wreath of spring flowers, including red and white roses and gerbera, at the Innocent Victims memorial outside the Abbey in central London as they arrived.

No engagements for the Wessexes this wk - perhaps they are on holiday?

To be fair, this isn't a State occasion so they do not have to be there.

We are in Easter Holidays for the kids I believe.

No engagements for the Wessexes this wk - perhaps they are on holiday?

To be fair, this isn't a State occasion so they do not have to be there.

It's a interesting comparison to the outrage that the Cambridges were not at the Commonwealth Service even though there were 7 other royals there with today's service with not a peep on where the other senior royals were in the coverage.

Queen Elizabeth re-opened the National Army Museum in London today, March 16. The Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of Kent as the Museum's Patron were present as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: A spring in her step! The Queen beams as she is presented with flowers at the reopening of the National Army Museum **

Almost 91 years young, and looking great.

The Queen addresses The Royal Lancers at Windsor Castle:
https://t.co/AxDkp8VkOT
Brigadier Hughes,

I wish it had been possible for the whole Regiment to attend this ceremony, but I am talking as much to those at Catterick as to this representative party.

In the short time since I attended your amalgamation, you have established yourselves as a unified Regiment and a force without match. It gives me much pleasure to present to you your new Guidon.

The Guidon symbolises sacred loyalty to your Sovereign, your country, and to all of the officers and men with whom you serve. Your loyalty and devotion to duty have been tested over more than three hundred years, and never found to be wanting. Acts of bravery and skill-at-arms run through your regimental history, and many of your most famous feats are recalled here, carried on this Guidon.

To mark my 70th anniversary as your Colonel in Chief I should like to grant you a further distinction – that of an honorific suffix to The Royal Lancers – Queen Elizabeths’ Own - in recognition of your loyal service to me and to my mother, Queen Elizabeth.

I entrust this Guidon to your care, confident that the Officers, Non Commissioned Officers and Men of The Royal Lancers will maintain the same high standards as your forebears. I pray that God’s blessing will go with you.

Videos:
The Queen has held a service at Windsor Castle to honour The Royal Lancers. Accompanied by her son, The Duke of York, the Queen presented a Guidon to the army regiment and met members of the regimental family.
Home - ITNSource News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rto_eRBRgPo

Last edited:
It's a interesting comparison to the outrage that the Cambridges were not at the Commonwealth Service even though there were 7 other royals there with today's service with not a peep on where the other senior royals were in the coverage.

I agree there is a disparity but Cambridge bashing is a popular pasttime at the moment. They didn't have to be at that service either.

It is not all of the royals, all of the time at these events.

Almost 91 years young, and looking great.

The Queen addresses The Royal Lancers at Windsor Castle:
https://t.co/AxDkp8VkOT

Videos:
The Queen has held a service at Windsor Castle to honour The Royal Lancers. Accompanied by her son, The Duke of York, the Queen presented a Guidon to the army regiment and met members of the regimental family.
Home - ITNSource News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rto_eRBRgPo

Loved the video and loved seeing The Queen is such a lively mood.

I was thinking along the same lines. Not all royals have to be present at all events.

It was meant for the Cambridge's and Prince Harry to be the senior royals to attend this service. The Cambridge's wasn't going to the Commonwealth service, because it wasn't in their planned schedules.

We are in Easter Holidays for the kids I believe.

Edward and Sophie are always free during school holidays. I assume this is the deal made with the Queen, since they were full time when their kids were quite small. I always assumed they go on holiday abroad.
I’m interested if this will be the same pattern for the Cambridges once they are full time and the kids are in school.

The difference is that the Cambridges could very well be the heir apparent by then - certainly for some of the children's school years and so will have additional duties. William could even by King by the time George finishes school which will change the entire set up as he can then never be 'off duty'.

Edward and Sohpie are minor royals now and will only become more fringe royals as the years go by while the Cambridge's will move more and more centre stage.

Well, of course. I was talking about the time while they are still the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Many things will change when they are Prince and Princess of Wales and King/Queen, may that time be far away.

It was meant for the Cambridge's and Prince Harry to be the senior royals to attend this service. The Cambridge's wasn't going to the Commonwealth service, because it wasn't in their planned schedules.
Just so. The senior royals calendars were set months ago and sudden natural disasters and terror attacks mix everything up. As we saw, HM's visit to the Metropolitan Police was cancelled and will need to be rescheduled. But, for the first time, the junior royals were available and deemed both capable and appropriate to be the official royal representatives of HM the Queen, a duty they fulfilled with dignity.

Last edited:
Also William is the new royal patron for the Metropolitan and City Police Orphans fund so his presence would be expected at this type of event to honor a fallen police officer.

:previous:
Prince Andrew is the only Windsor, who looks great in a military uniform.

:previous:
Prince Andrew is the only Windsor, who looks great in a military uniform.

Let's not forget The Princess Royal! I think all the Windsors who military uniforms wear them well. I enjoy the uniform days.

I agree Dman and I miss seeing QEII in her uniforms during the Trooping of the Color.

Let's not forget The Princess Royal! I think all the Windsors who military uniforms wear them well. I enjoy the uniform days.
Right you are. Princess Anne looks nice in a uniform. I think that there is a difference between "looking great in a uniform" and "wear them well".

Last edited:
I agree Dman and I miss seeing QEII in her uniforms during the Trooping of the Color.

I saw some old footage of Trooping the Colour not too long ago and thought QEII looked very elegant on horseback in uniform.

Philip also looked fantastic in uniform in his younger days.

The Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry are to join more than 25,000 people in northern France to mark the centenary of a defining World War One battle.

The four-day battle of Vimy Ridge saw the deaths of 3,598 Canadian forces.

Princes William and Harry will lay a pair of boots as part of a tribute to those killed near the city of Arras.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Francois Hollande are among the others attending.
Read more: Vimy Ridge: Royals to commemorate defining WW1 battle - BBC News

Live Coverages of the Vimy Ridge Ceremonies in Canada and France can be viewed here: 9am Eastern Time- 10am in France-
http://www.cpac.ca/en/#

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom