The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Article from the Telegraph:
The Queen celebrates her 92nd birthday with a concert at the Royal Albert Hall - Telegraph
Quote:
On the day she turned 21, the then Princess Elizabeth pledged to dedicated her life to serving the Commonwealth, in what has become one of the best-known and most moving public declarations of her long reign.

Surrounded by her family, at the close of a week that has cemented her Commonwealth legacy for a new generation, the Queen celebrated her 92nd birthday in some style, with a Royal Albert Hall concert designed to honour all she has done for her country.

With a line-up of music from each decade of her reign, the concert marked not just, as Her Majesty put it, “another birthday”, but the culmination of a lively week which brought all corners of the Commonwealth to London.
Introducing the evening the Prince of Wales led the birthday wishes with a touching written tribute to HM:
Quote:
''While all birthdays are special, this year, the Queen’s birthday falls at the end of the week-long Commonwealth Summit in London, which has brought together 53 countries.

Tonight we reflect on the pledge made by the Queen on her 21st birthday in 1947 in South Africa, to serve the Commonwealth for her whole life.

With my father, the Duke of Edinburgh, at her side, the Queen has dedicated herself, throughout her reign, to serving the United Kingdom and the other countries of the Commonwealth.

Tonight we pay tribute to her devotion to duty, her steadfastness in times of uncertainty, and her vital role in uniting people from all walks of life through her enduring strength and humanity.

With my family, I join you in wishing my mother, the Queen, a very happy birthday.''
From me: Our utterly amazing and matchless Queen (icon of friendliness and unity) looks great this evening (although it can't be that interesting, or funny, for a 92-year-old to sit through some of these artists).

Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Can they do this more, it's spectacular. And the camera is actually on different royals, not just a certain three. I'm actually enjoying it, not just because of the royals.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see Camilla, then Harry, as cameos.
More surprises to come ?
Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Molly your surprise is here, Lady Louise is there too! Wow, Jack as well.

Louise seems so grown up now!
I think she's taller than her mother.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I am pretty sure that Zara, Mike and Catherine will watch the concert on TV. Maybe together will many sweets and tea.
Perhaps Phillip will invite them over to join him.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Here's a nice gallery of tonight's concert:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen's Birthday Party **
Old 04-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Mike is not allow to drink a beer as he was chosen as the driver for the both ladies to Lindo Wing.

Philip stays at home when they are on the way to hospital to take care for George, Charlotte and Mia.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
As, if i remember well, Philip loathed this kind of variety show, i really doubt it.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Majesty

The Queen sits next to The Duke of Cambridge and The Prince of Wales at the @RoyalAlbertHall for the concert this evening, which celebrates Her Majestyís 92nd Birthday.

#QueensBirthday

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbVSPPqXkAAoPmz.jpg
Old 04-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry's speech:
Quote:
"Tonight we are celebrating The Queen's Birthday but Your Majesty, if you do not mind me saying, you are not someone who is easy to buy gifts for. But I think we have the perfect present.

"You dedicated your life to serving the Commonwealth during a speech from South Africa on your 21st birthday in 1947.

"As we celebrate your 92nd birthday this evening and in recognition of your incredible life of service, I am delighted to say that the Queen's Commonwealth Trust has now been launched to support young leaders around the Commonwealth.

"This organisation, in your name, will provide a platform for those working to make a difference in their communities across 53 countries. Happy Birthday Your Majesty."
Old 04-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I did kinda expect Kate to make an appearance if she hadn't given birth yet, it's a party not really a working gig. But perhaps she is miserable right now.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I did kinda expect Kate to make an appearance if she hadn't given birth yet, it's a party not really a working gig. But perhaps she is miserable right now.

LaRae
Maybe she'll be out of a giant cake in few minutes ...

Update : Nope
Old 04-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Majesty

We have a lot of newish members here. Let me point out that this is an EXCELLENT opportunity to observe Harry and Meghan in the BRF environment.

Take the opportunity to notice where they are seated, where others in the family are seated and try to learn a bit from that.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae

Iím confused is this sarcasm or a genuine comment?

Itís lovely to see Lord and Lady Freddie Windsor! Iím glad Sophie has recovered well.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
We have a lot of newish members here. Let me point out that this is an EXCELLENT opportunity to observe Harry and Meghan in the BRF environment.

Take the opportunity to notice where they are seated, where others in the family are seated and try to learn a bit from that.
ITS interestinng this gets brought up. If there is any conflict in terms of seating for this evening with another event, say Commonwealth Day Service, which one do you suggest takes the win?
Old 04-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

What a lovely night of music and dance in celebration of Her Majesty’s Birthday! Everyone looked fantastic and the kids in the videos was hilarious.

I did miss the presence of Prince Philip and the Duchess of Cambridge, but I’m sure they watched the BBC One Coverage.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-21-2018, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Iím confused is this sarcasm or a genuine comment?

Itís lovely to see Lord and Lady Freddie Windsor! Iím glad Sophie has recovered well.
Why would it be sarcasm?

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Queen rolls her eyes as Charles calls her Mummy:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...charles-mummy/
Old 04-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Yea, I donít think expecting Kate to come at this point is realistic. Even if this isnít technically work, getting dressed up and sitting straight on a chair for a few hours is a strain compared to sitting comfortably on your own couch. Plus the noise leve was probably pretty high. Would anyone want to go to a concert when they are right around their due date?
Old 04-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Autumn can be seen on the DM article on the same picture than Princess Alexandra.

A good view of the royal family members present tonight :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbVFgD-WkAEHO_k.jpg:large
It looks like Sophie Winkleman is there, so I'm hoping that means she's made a full recovery from her accident.

Closed Thread