The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Zara is just as pregnant as Kate and she walked just fine. And they did change cars it seems. It isn't some grand conspiracy. They were clearly late cause of traffic and from how some looked around it would seem the family were not aware of it. All in all, stuff happens and the the world keeps spinning.

Also The Queen never waits.
Interesting! This is the first I'm hearing of Zara being due in April. It would be cool if her baby and the Cambridge baby were born the same day.

As for H&M's absence, the Cambridges spent their first easter as a married couple in Scotland with C&C, perhaps H&M are in Scotland.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Interesting! This is the first I'm hearing of Zara being due in April. It would be cool if her baby and the Cambridge baby were born the same day.

As for H&M's absence, the Cambridges spent their first easter as a married couple in Scotland with C&C, perhaps H&M are in Scotland.
As I understand it Zara is due anything from April to July. Nobody knows how far she was along when she announced. On the assumption she was 3 months she would be due July. That puts her at 6 months-ish now.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Courtier

I suspect that Zara was further along than three months when her pregnancy was announced, since it was announced that she was pregnant in late 2015 (I think?) and sadly she suffered a miscarriage after the announcement.

ETA:
The miscarriage happened in December 2016.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I figure she was at least 4 to 5 months along when they announced.

LaRae
Old 04-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

I must say I am shocked to not see Philip. I guess when they said he was retiring from public duties, I didn't realize he would also be absent from private events like Easter Service or bigger deal, all hands on deck events like the CW Service.

Truly the passing of an era. I hope he is in good health.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I must say I am shocked to not see Philip. I guess when they said he was retiring from public duties, I didn't realize he would also be absent from private events like Easter Service or bigger deal, all hands on deck events like the CW Service.

Truly the passing of an era. I hope he is in good health.
He is having issues with his hip, thats why he didn't attend Maundy or Easter Service.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He is having issues with his hip, thats why he didn't attend Maundy or Easter Service.
Ah, I had not seen that reported. Thanks
Old 04-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe it was reported that Philip was out carriage driving prior to the service and its possible that he hit a pothole at too high of a speed or something and jarred his hip. Or it could be inflammation or sciatica or any number of different ailments that affect the hip.

When there is hip pain, it is even more stressful to walk or move around. Especially when you consider that Philip is about to celebrate his 97th birthday. I'm sure his family, his priest and his God excuses him from attending Easter service. The last thing I expect is a Philip that meekly succumbs to being chair bound and inert. He's got over 30 years on me and moves better than I do.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Philip is well. All these cancelled engagements is concerning.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I hope Philip is well. All these cancelled engagements is concerning.
He was scheduled to attend Maundy, but not todays Easter Service as I don't believe it's an actual engagement (might be wrong on that though).
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

They said he has a hip ailment as the reason for the cancellations.

LaRae
Old 04-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was really nice to see the family at Windsor this morning. I hope James is alright and that he was just not feeling well and not upset by anything else. I've never seen him cry in public before so my guess is that he suddenly felt ill and wanted to go home (I reckon that he is more the restless type during church services, as he's only just started to go to the one at Sandringham) but had to stay at the service. There are a lot of bugs going around at the moment. On a different note; both Babies Cambridge and Tindall look as if they're arriving at any minute! Zara looks like she might give birth earlier than Catherine.

No Snowdons or Chattos this year? They regularly attend the Easter services.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Its my opinion that this was planned and how they wanted it to be. They were being considerate of Kate's advanced pregnancy and to make it easier on her, not a whole lot of standing around and curtsying but rather in and out with the minimum of delay and time on her feet. With the Cambridges immediately following the Queen out of church, they would then hop into two cars for the trip away from the church. The others most likely walked.

This is the most plausible explanation IMO. Family is considerate of family.
A very sensible scenario Osipi and I agree that QEII would want to ensure that Kate is comfortable.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

William and Kate could have been stuck in traffic or they got a late start because of the kids (it happens) or because Kate wasn't feeling well. I don't think it is fair to compare her to Zara, even if they have the same due date. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. I thought Zara looked great--high heels and she was able to curtsy without support! I was in flats and had to be helped up from chairs.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He was scheduled to attend Maundy, but not todays Easter Service as I don't believe it's an actual engagement (might be wrong on that though).
Correct. Maundy Service is always in the CC but not the Easter Sunday service. Last year there was no CC for Easter Sunday nor in 2016 or 2015. 2014 records William and Kate's attendance at the Easter Sunday service in Sydney but not any service in the UK. This is a private event not an official one.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was really nice to see the family at Windsor this morning. I hope James is alright and that he was just not feeling well and not upset by anything else. I've never seen him cry in public before so my guess is that he suddenly felt ill and wanted to go home (I reckon that he is more the restless type during church services, as he's only just started to go to the one at Sandringham) but had to stay at the service. There are a lot of bugs going around at the moment. On a different note; both Babies Cambridge and Tindall look as if they're arriving at any minute! Zara looks like she might give birth earlier than Catherine.

No Snowdons or Chattos this year? They regularly attend the Easter services.

James was in attendance. I saw him walking to the church with his father in one of the videos previously posted.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

HereditaryPrincess, I suspect, was referring to the scenes where Sophie was seen clearly comforting a crying James just outside the chapel. Why he was crying we don't know but no one is questioning that he wasn't there as he clearly was seen albeit crying.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Watching the videos of the family arriving, James walks with Edward, once they line up to wait for the Queen, Sophie and Edward seemed to shield him from camera view a bit. Zara was walking alongside Andrew initially but at the end he just strode on ahead leaving her to arrive alone.
After the service as the family exited through the side gate I noticed Anne paused to makes sure James was following her. Must be tough to be 10 years old and have to parade in front of a lot of cameras, especially if youíre having a bad day from a 10 year oldís perspective.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Must be tough to be 10 years old and have to parade in front of a lot of cameras, especially if youíre having a bad day from a 10 year oldís perspective.
Yeah, Iím guessing James wanted to stay back at the castle and play with his younger cousins and eat chocolate Easter eggs and got a stern talking-to by his parents. Weíve all been there
He looks fine when they are leaving and Edward, Sophie and Louise donít look worried.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:31 AM
Majesty

Darn, I've been searching all over for a clip with Eugenie and Jack waiting for the Queen. He was practising his "party piece" and it cracked me up. He stood up to attention so ramrod stiff her would have given a military guard a run for his money. Eugenie was smiling and laughing and I thought how lovely that this is his first "family" event and for all their fooling around, he really did want to do Eugenie proud.

ps: I smiled when I heard that Prince Philip's hip was giving him trouble so he didn't come to church and sit on those hard pews. But then again, I wouldn't worry over-much about his general health . . . word had it he had been out carriage driving. Now did he lead Louise astray or did she encourage grandpa?