The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry hasn't attended an Easter service for years. There is no reason why he should start now.

William and Kate only started attending last year for some reason.

Charles and Camilla always spend Easter in Scotland - and sometimes there is coverage of them going to church there but not always. They are also preparing for their trip to Australia this week.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought we would have seen Harry and Meghan since she has just been baptized etc.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

They may be away somewhere, they are so good at moving around under radar she could be in the US even.

LaRae
Old 04-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I thought we would have seen Harry and Meghan since she has just been baptized etc.
I thought the same. Such a big deal was made out of Meghan’s new found Christian faith. I thought for sure she’d want to spend it with The Queen.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I'm disappointed that Harry and Meghan were not at the service, but they may be celebrating Easter with Doria in the US and it wasn't announced. Harry may be meeting with Tom Sr finally and it's being kept out of the press. Jack was there and it's only fair since he's Eugenie's fiance; Meghan was able to attend the Christmas service. (The Fail called Jack Eugenie's boyfriend.) Will and Kate showing up to the church after the queen arrives? I hope it was car trouble because this doesn't look cool.
The Cambridge’s arrived after The Queen due to traffic. They’re with the Middleton family this weekend.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the link. I noticed in the DM video everyone curtseyed except Princess Beatrice and The Princess Royal.
Any particular reason?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anne looked perturbed about something, possibly the fact the Cambridge's weren't there?

I don't believe it was due to traffic, they would surely have allowed plenty of time to arrive at the Castle ahead of the church service especially if travelling from relatively far and I doubt they would use that car for travelling from the Middleton house to Windsor.

Its not a big issue but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the media and twittershere have something to say about it!
Old 04-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Unforeseen things happen. When Harry and Meghan visited Wales they were an hour late because of train delays. Sometimes a delay is just a delay.

Funny people trying to make this into a constitutional issue. At least The Cambridges attended.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some pick and chose what "protocols" they want to focus on. The Cambridges being late and walking in after The Queen is a bad look no way around it. That said it isn't the end of the world.

Everyone looked nice but really liked Kate, Zara, Autumn and Beatrice's looks. Surprised that Zara attended! Nice to also see Jack with Eugenie.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Not sure how it’s a bad look unless you’re saying they arrived late on purpose. I can’t recall them ever being late for an engagement before.

Like I said, at least they made the effort to be there.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan being just baptized , would have been really nice to see her at her "first" service.
Oh well ...
Old 04-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Jack being present at the service seems to imply that recent appearances by Meghan in public family events may not have been a special deference to her, but rather a new general policy concerning royal brides and grooms.

Happy Easter to all Forum members !
As far as I can tell nobody said/suggested it was, but the change in tradition started with her. I’m really glad Eugenie’s fiancé got to attend.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Anne looked perturbed about something, possibly the fact the Cambridge's weren't there?...
That's a pretty standard "waiting" face for Anne. I would not read anything into it.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
As far as I can tell nobody said it was, but the change in tradition started with her.
Nope, Sophie was present at several family/official occasions way before her marriage to Edward in 1999.
It's a nice touch anyway.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Thanks for the link. I noticed in the DM video everyone curtseyed except Princess Beatrice and The Princess Royal.
Any particular reason?
Perhaps, they have seen the queen before the church service.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Who is the person standing next to Lady Louise at the end of the line outside church? Anyone know?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Nope, Sophie was present at several family/official occasions way before her marriage to Edward in 1999.
It's a nice touch anyway.
Nope, the attendance at Sandringham definitely began with Meghan. Before then no other fiancé/fiancée had ever attended Christmas service with the royal family.

All right fair enough others did attend public family events before Meghan but I’m not sure they were classified as ‘official’ royal family events like the recent commonwealth service? Not even sure I’m making any sense here
Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Nope, the attendance at Sandringham definitely began with Meghan. Before then no other fiancé/fiancée had ever attended Christmas service with the royal family.
I thought we were talking about "public family events".
In that case, and not the Christmas Service in particular, Sophie attended several family events prior to her marriage, including Trooping the Colour, not less ...
But again, that's a really nice "tradition".
Old 04-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Majesty

The Cambridge royal wedding was certainly an official royal event and Mike Tindall was there right next to Zara.

Sophie did attend official events. She was at the decommissioning of HMS Britannia if I’m not mistaken.

Nothing new.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I thought the same. Such a big deal was made out of Meghan’s new found Christian faith. I thought for sure she’d want to spend it with The Queen.
She used to attend church services in other places way before her conversion to the Anglican faith and baptism. Anglicanism is not the only christian faith, you know. And I don’t believe you have to stick to a particular denomination or be baptised before you can be considered a christian.

Anyway the Queen was as graceful and magnificent as ever today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Anne looked perturbed about something, possibly the fact the Cambridge's weren't there?

I don't believe it was due to traffic, they would surely have allowed plenty of time to arrive at the Castle ahead of the church service especially if travelling from relatively far and I doubt they would use that car for travelling from the Middleton house to Windsor.

Its not a big issue but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the media and twittershere have something to say about it!
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Unforeseen things happen. When Harry and Meghan visited Wales they were an hour late because of train delays. Sometimes a delay is just a delay.

Funny people trying to make this into a constitutional issue. At least The Cambridges attended.
No one is making this an issue as I’m sure no one is going out of their way to be snide about H&M on here. Posters just wondering and having a discussion is all and I read all the time that Harry is constitutionally irrelevant so I’m not sure his absence at events count in comparison to the Cambridges.

Closed Thread