British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so good to see members of the royal family and the Middletons attend church this morning. Sadly, people are always on the look out for some trouble. There's nothing there, Queen Camilla.

It's also good to see the Cambridge kids godparents there. Everyone must be at Anmer.

Kate looks pale and ill. I hope that this is just a camera fault and that she is in good health. I don't see anything wrong in the Middleton's going to church with the BRF, apart from the fact they are not, I believe, regular church goers. They have been celebrating their daughters birthday.

The blonde woman at the front with Kate is Sophie Carter - one of Kate's friends and also godparent to Charlotte. I am unsure who the couple walking with Mike and Carole are they seem older than the crowd of Cambridge friends maybe they are relatives of the middletons.
It would appear Kate gathered a large house party at Amner for her birthday

Lady Laura Meade is the one walking with Pippa whilst her husband James Meade walks with Kate and Sophie Carter

Last edited:
According to the Daily Telegraph, the Cambridge's were not due to attend the wreath laying.

Everything is planned in the BRF. William and Catherine were there as the next senior royals to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Maybe some onlookers were pleasantly surprised to see them but that's it

According to the Daily Telegraph, the Cambridge's were not due to attend the wreath laying.
It's probably just that they are not there in an official capacity. The Queen and Philip are because of the wreath laying but William and Kate who went to church either way was there as "civilians stopping by after church".

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal
Duchess of Cambridge tells well wisher at Gallipoli ceremony Prince George thoroughly enjoyed his first day at nursery

Since my first post, when they were walking to church and there were only 7 pictures, I have revised my opinion.

Now I think it is odd that the Middleton family and friends were there.

Why would the Queen invite the Middleton family and Catherine's friends to celebrate Catherine's 34th birthday?

Why would the Queen invite the Middleton family and Catherine's friends to church but not allow them to stay for the Gallipoli ceremony?

The BRF usually celebrate milestone birthdays and a 34th birthday is hardly a milestone.

Anmer Hall is 3 miles away, there are other churches.

If the Middleton were invited why did they not stay for the Gallipoli service?

Gallipoli service was public, the church service private.

Why walk back to Sandringham alone?

Were they invited or did they just drive over with Catherine from Anmer, park near Sandringham and just walk back to get their cars?

Did Catherine want a church blessing on her birthday and invited her family and friends to join her and the Queen agreed?
Or maybe Carole wanted the invite and had Catherine suggest the idea to the Queen? (This might be closer to the truth.)

This really does look like the Middleton family are being pushy. I have usually defended them but this made me change my mind.

:previous: Recall that William from the very beginning said that Catherine's family would not be marginalized. They are clearly a very significant part of William's life. The Queen knows that. The Queen inviting them to come to church is a warm-hearted thing to do imo. Why not? They were at Anmer to celebrate a birthday, so come. Seems natural to me. :flowers:

The Middletons not going to the ceremony also seems natural. They were not putting themselves at a public ceremony,

Assuming Carole made a request, and then on that assumption declaring she is 'pushy', is a speculation that does no good. Don't you see? :sad:

I also don't think there was anything pushy about the Middleton's attendance. I read in a Hello article that William and Catherine went to Anmer after the Christmas church service at Sandringham as they were spending Christmas with the Middletons there, so perhaps they are staying in Norfolk and were asked to attend the service (or as Lady Nimue suggested, requested to attend).

Haven't the Middletons attended church services at Sandringham before as well? Not the Christmas service of course though.

I kind of think its a very good thing that the Middletons and the Windsors, being brought together by the marriage of William and Kate, have such a cordial relationship. When it is all boiled down, they're two families that have a child or grandchild that married into another family and are loved and cherished by the couple equally. No in-law problems here. All couples that marry should be so lucky as the Cambridges are.

Of course, those that want to find a negative in any situation will do so and that's what sells papers and creates gossip over the fence. No matter what, the Windsors and Middletons have a private family life that works for them and from the little we see or hear of, its really not enough to speculate on.

The Middletons attended the usual Sunday service but did not attend the Wreath laying Service at the Memorial.

Source: Someone who attended.

I also don't think there was anything pushy about the Middleton's attendance. I read in a Hello article that William and Catherine went to Anmer after the Christmas church service at Sandringham as they were spending Christmas with the Middletons there, so perhaps they are staying in Norfolk and were asked to attend the service (or as Lady Nimue suggested, requested to attend).

Haven't the Middletons attended church services at Sandringham before as well? Not the Christmas service of course though.

James and Pippa - certainly - were reported at returning from a week in the Caribbean on Saturday so they haven't been staying there since Christmas. Normally the Middleton's spend Carole's birthday in the Caribbean which would fit with this break by the younger Middleton children.

The Middleton's attended the Christmas service in 2013.

James and Pippa - certainly - were reported at returning from a week in the Caribbean on Saturday so they haven't been staying there since Christmas. Normally the Middleton's spend Carole's birthday in the Caribbean which would fit with this break by the younger Middleton children.

The Middleton's attended the Christmas service in 2013.

The first time I remember them attending was 2014, reportedly having been personally invited to do so by the Queen. In 2014 the Middleton family were photographed at the church but did not walk from Sandringham, they arrived discretely via car prior to the Royal family's stroll from Sandringham. This is the first that they've been photographed walking from Sandringham to attend services. My impression is that in the Sundays after Christmas who ever happens to be visiting the Queen and Phillip at Sandringham walks w/ Phillip and/or rides with the Queen to church on the Sunday's following Christmas.
My guess is that William and Catherine are hosting family and friends at Amner to celebrate Catherine's birthday and the Queen invited the Cambridges and their guests over to Sandringham for a meal either before or after church.

Since my first post, when they were walking to church and there were only 7 pictures, I have revised my opinion.

Why would the Queen invite the Middleton family and Catherine's friends to celebrate Catherine's 34th birthday?

Why would the Queen invite the Middleton family and Catherine's friends to church but not allow them to stay for the Gallipoli ceremony?

The BRF usually celebrate milestone birthdays and a 34th birthday is hardly a milestone.

Were they invited or did they just drive over with Catherine from Anmer, park near Sandringham and just walk back to get their cars?

Did Catherine want a church blessing on her birthday and invited her family and friends to join her and the Queen agreed?
Or maybe Carole wanted the invite and had Catherine suggest the idea to the Queen? (This might be closer to the truth.)

This really does look like the Middleton family are being pushy. I have usually defended them but this made me change my mind.

They cannot win for losing, can they?

Goodness they went to church aren't they just awful people !!!

Why can't we just take it as face value they went to church with their daughter because they wanted to go to church

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Dear me! Do you really think that they parked at Sandringham House without permission??

No indication at all that the Queen was celebrating Catherine's birthday. More likely that W and C invited friends and Family to Anmer.

The church service is public

The Gallipoli service was for those working on the estate as the memorial service was for those from estate that were killed, plus members of Gallipoli Assoc.

My view is that HMQ/PP asked W and C to attend (these 4 Royal's are the most senior who didn't attend a Gallipoli service last yr). Church and wreath service.

She may have invited the entire Anmer party to lunch - she's met them all before. wHy not?

You don't crash a Royal event and embarass yr daughter. At no time has their behaviour indicated that the Middleton family would do that.

You don't crash a Royal event and embarass yr daughter. At no time has their behaviour indicated that the Middleton family would do that.

Exactly so. :flowers: I think the Royal Family has really 'lucked out' with the Middletons. They are even photogenic. ;) I think it is utterly charming (and natural) that the Anmer house party was invited to church by the Queen. But then, I'm a romantic.

Dear me! Do you really think that they parked at Sandringham House without permission??

No indication at all that the Queen was celebrating Catherine's birthday. More likely that W and C invited friends and Family to Anmer.

The church service is public

The Gallipoli service was for those working on the estate as the memorial service was for those from estate that were killed, plus members of Gallipoli Assoc.

My view is that HMQ/PP asked W and C to attend (these 4 Royal's are the most senior who didn't attend a Gallipoli service last yr). Church and wreath service.

She may have invited the entire Anmer party to lunch - she's met them all before. wHy not?

This is my take as well. Nicely said

The first time I remember them attending was 2014, reportedly having been personally invited to do so by the Queen. In 2014 the Middleton family were photographed at the church but did not walk from Sandringham, they arrived discretely via car prior to the Royal family's stroll from Sandringham. This is the first that they've been photographed walking from Sandringham to attend services. My impression is that in the Sundays after Christmas who ever happens to be visiting the Queen and Phillip at Sandringham walks w/ Phillip and/or rides with the Queen to church on the Sunday's following Christmas.

My bad calculations with years - it was 2014 - just forgot that we are in 2016 and knew it wasn't last Christmas but the one before (forgetting that last Christmas was 2015 (as I am still on holidays and will be until the end of January I don't register the new year sometimes until mid-February.)

My guess is that William and Catherine are hosting family and friends at Amner to celebrate Catherine's birthday and the Queen invited the Cambridges and their guests over to Sandringham for a meal either before or after church.

I suspect if there was a meal anywhere it was at Anmer - where the children would be and where the Queen and Philip could leave when the children became too much rather than have the children overstay their welcome. It would also be a more relaxed environment for the Middleton's to host the Queen on their turf rather than have to be on The Queen's.

You haven't been to some of the other fora out there where they are saying that is what the Middleton's do - and even talk about 'friends they know who know' or 'sources close to the family they know but aren't known to others'. Sadly there are people who prefer to believe those sites rather than the evidence of their own eyes or common sense or plain common logic.

Gosh !!! I am not fan of the Middletons or Kate's for that matter but I think her family are very appropriate here and clearly have been invited to attend mass they look well turned out smiling yet in the back not pushy I think they are doing well actually.
I am not sure what all the fuss is about.

Some folks just don't like Catherine and her family. It really bothers them that the Middletons are included in some royal family events and other gatherings that previous In-laws weren't invited. William let everyone know from the beginning that Catherine's family will be included in his family's life. It's important to them and their own family.

Daily Mail did the 100 Year Anniversary a disservice by headlining it as the Middleton March.
The Middletons behaved appropriately. The Queen and the Royal family are well mannered to not shun Cathertine's family even though some class sensitive British snobs would disagree. DM plays up to the old class system believers.
Just think what would have happened had the Middletons, like many others, attended the wreath laying!? The end of the Gallipoli campaign would not feature at all.
It's not the Middleton's fault that they are headlined.
Why should they short change themselves out of visiting their daughter for her birthday and being equally valued in the lives of their grandchildren?
They shouldn't cower or feel ashamed. Church is not exclusive.

Exactly. Exactly. I think that it's great that they went to church! Church is for everyone, no matter what their class or level of attractiveness. The Middletons get attention not only because they're in-laws of the Royal Family but also because they're wealthy, attractive, and expensively dressed. It's my belief that they're a focus of a lot of envy on the part of those who are dissatisfied with their own lives. If they were short, ugly, frumpy, and had less wealth, there wouldn't be this kind of criticism and envy-baiting.

It's not the Middleton's fault that they are headlined.
Why should they short change themselves out of visiting their daughter for her birthday and being equally valued in the lives of their grandchildren?
They shouldn't cower or feel ashamed. Church is not exclusive.

Video:
To mark the 100th anniversary of the final withdrawal from the Gallipoli Peninsula, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh laid wreaths at the War Memorial Cross at Sandringham on Sunday. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were also in attendance-

Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom