British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great to see Princess Alexandra attending the event. Prince Henry tends to liven events/engagements he attends up.

Last edited:
HM looks so tiny around these "hulks". It looks like she is really enjoying this event.

Last edited:
You can see Princess Alexanders's grandson Alex Oglivy in some of the pictures as well - always nice when very minor extended family royals are invited along to events where the have an interest - he most be a huge rugby fan and i am sure jumped at the chance to attend a reception of this like with these sporting greats.

Tonight @ 9 on BBC One

Prince William and Prince Harry can be seen in action on the set of DIY SOS in a trailer for the upcoming show. The Princes joined forces to turn derelict houses in Manchester into homes for ex-service personnel as part of The Big Build: Veteran's Special project, due to air on BBC One on Wednesday.
Watch Princes William and Harry in action on DIY SOS - hellomagazine.com

Not sure this is the right thread but here it is

Perhaps I’ve been missing something but I never thought of the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry as capable of providing comic relief. But that’s exactly what they did in this special edition of DIY SOS which saw Nick Knowles command his team to rebuild a street of derelict housing in Manchester for a group of war veterans. The combination of good humour and serious social commitment made for an affecting hour of television.

Wearing hard hats with their names emblazoned in permanent marker across the front (in case no-one recognised them) the princes exchanged genuine-sounding banter with the builders. “It’s going to be a long day if you keep calling me sausage,” said Harry to Billy the builder who, it turned out, called everyone sausage. No social pecking order here – the royals mucked in and everyone teased everyone else. Prince Harry’s common touch is well known but his brother seemed equally comfortable in the throng. “This is the first time you’ve done this, isn’t it?” he asked Knowles jokingly, a paint roller in his hand.
Read more: DIY SOS: Homes for Veterans, review: 'Prince William and Harry provided comic relief' - Telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I watched the programme on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I thought it was rather heartwarming and it was touching to see the veteran's response to his house and his welcome to the area at the end.

William and Harry were great on the programme, they were very down to earth and normal and acted almost as if they were just regular guys. I never used to be too keen on William, however after watching this programme I now like him. He seems to care about the public and what he does.

:previous: I watched the programme on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I thought it was rather heartwarming and it was touching to see the veteran's response to his house and his welcome to the area at the end.

William and Harry were great on the programme, they were very down to earth and normal and acted almost as if they were just regular guys. I never used to be too keen on William, however after watching this programme I now like him. He seems to care about the public and what he does.
Yeah, the show was great (after hearing about they going there I looked up what kind of show it is and ended up binge watching it!)

They seem really nice and chill. Glad more people are seeing it :p

Also... SAUSAGE :p I love that Billy called him Harry sausage AND they got William to call him "The prince of Darkness" :p Can't wait for the next episode.

British Land PLC ‏@BritishLandPLC
Honoured to welcome the Duke of Cambridge & Prince Harry to @CheesegraterLdn @KensingtonRoyal #SayCheesegrater

https://twitter.com/BritishLandPLC/status/656065664088719360
Well then! :p That was unexpected. I mean, do they often do non-PR engagements for things like that? Isn't that more for like... meetings and sensitive things it's hidden? Shouldn't a opening of something be more noticed? And with both of them at the event. Or have I jsut totally missed that this engagement was upcoming? :p

^^^ I'm not sure. I don't think it was announced.

The Duke of Cambridge Prince William and Prince Harry have unveiled a plaque at the Leadenhall Building – popularly known as the "Cheesegrater" – after the 46-floor skyscraper marked its official business opening. Building work on the £290m ($449m) tower, which at 224m is London's fourth tallest building, started in September 2011 and was completed last year.
Read more: London skyline: Duke of Cambridge Prince William and Prince Harry open the Leadenhall 'Cheesegrater'

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry admired the views from the building’s 42nd floor, 200 metres above street level, and met senior executives from joint developers British Land and Oxford Properties and members of the construction team, including four apprentices that worked on the project.

They were also presented with a bespoke Lego model of the building, created in tribute to the pioneering techniques employed in its construction whereby 80% of the building, including the 18,000 tonne steel structure, was pre-fabricated before being assembled on site.

The Leadenhall Building, also known as ‘The Cheesegrater’ on account of its distinctive sloping shape which is designed to protect views of St Paul’s Cathedral, is now close to fully occupied. Aon, the world’s largest insurance broker, has relocated its global headquarters from Chicago and recently welcomed 2,000 staff to the building. The company is joined by specialty insurer Amlin and twelve other companies from a range of industry sectors including the building’s architects, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners.
Read more: 19th October 2015 - The Leadenhall Building

From the Court Circular 19/10

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales this morning visited the Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3.

Their Royal Highnesses, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, attended a Meeting at the Leadenhall Building.

Nice to see them together, with almost coordinated outfits !

Lovely, such an event "out" together. The two of them really feel at ease with each other.

It probably was a very enjoyable afternoon for both the Queen and Camilla as they both dearly love animals and especially horses. From reading the article, it most definitely shows that HM sincerely has a passion for her horses and really grew to appreciate the work Monty does as the horse whisperer.

I just wonder if there were any kind of thoughts going through her head on how possible it would be to use "whispering" methods on politicians and statesmen and such. :whistling:

OK first off- both ladies rock in those outfits! So it IS Monty Roberts! I thought for a sec- " Horse whisperer - Who? What in the world? Then I saw a photo in another thread, and thought it looked like Monty Roberts, but my eyes weren't sure. Then I saw more photos- and all makes sense. HM and Camilla look like they are in heaven. TBH, my first thought when I heard " horse whisperer " was " How awesome- HM and Camilla must have attended some event having to do with the themes of ACGAS, horses, and Robert Hardy." I am so silly! :lol:

Observations -
It is not easy to curtsy in a poncho.
The first photo that shows HM and Camilla sitting in the wicker chairs- the facial expressions are priceless! :lol:

Video:
Her Majesty made a surprise visit to the stables at the Royal Mews in Buckingham Palace with the Duchess of Cornwall to see horse whisperer Monty Roberts demonstrate his skills on the royal steeds.

Home - ITNSource News

Look from 1:45 when the Queen is walking. This is not a frail 90 year old.

Last edited:
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 1h1 hour ago
The Queen & Prince Charles host a reception @ St James's Palace in advance of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Mtg. (CHOGM) next Tuesday

Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry at BAFTA for Shaun the Sheep premiere | Daily Mail Online
Y'know- I don't know whether to laugh or cry happy tears here. You've got the Royals throwing wellies- and I can't tell who's having more fun - the children- or the so called adults.
Then you've got children hugging Kate- bring on the happy tears!
Then, it's on to arts and crafts, and again, I cannot tell who is having more fun- the children- or the so called adults- especially William! You gotta love when the future King of England is wearing a sheep hat on his head!
Love that special needs kids were included too.
So I ended up both crying and laughing!

Last edited:
What time will they attend the premiere this evening?

There are so many great photos from the BAFTA event today.

What time will they attend the premiere this evening?

I don't think a time was given, but it looks like all of the actors from the movie are arriving now. I imagine they'll be arriving shortly. Probably after all the celebs have arrived/been interviewed.

ETA: They are supposed to be arriving at 7 (UK time). So in about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom