British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

NFL coverage in America is focused on your local team. You get your local team game on tv plus 3 to 4 nationally televised games. You have to get a special TV package to watch all the games. A backup running back/return guy isn't going to be well know outside his local area.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

From the press coverage here in Australia everyone in American is talking about Jared Haynes and the way he is playing over there ....

I haven't heard anything - I mean, he's certainly not a household name or anything, though the NFL season has only just started. (Also, his name is apparently Jarryd Hayne, not Jared Haynes - Google had to set me straight on that one!)

I think it's great that Harry can get into the spirit of things and do a little cameo that amused the crowd. They appreciated it.

Oh my... Harry simply did a great appearance yesterday evening! He reminded me a lot of Her Majesty's cameo with Craig! Very telling!

I made the stupid mistake of looking at DM comments on the royals at rugby. It was the typical- taxpayer are paying for this, Kate knew cameras where on her and she hammed it up for them like an actress and then Wills looked bored and must hate rugby.

I just wanted to mention that William doesn't hate rugby. He quite likes it. He is the Vice Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union. The Welsh Team is in the same pool as the English Team. Only the top two in the pool go to the next part of the tournament. Australia is the number 2 ranked team in the world. They are in the same pool group. So out of the 2nd, 4th, 5th ranked in the world only 2 will make it.

Wales would have benefited from Fiji beating England but William cant openly root for Fiji during this match. Harry is the English Vice Patron so he is openly rooting for England. Kate can root for anybody because she doesn't have an official relationship with a team. William is rooting for the Welsh so he isn't going to be like his wife and brother in his behavior. He is going to be more sedate.

Kates faces is how I looked today :p This was the first time I watched any kind of rugby :p Most of the time was spent on trying to figure out what on earth was happening, the other time I was making faces and thinking someone would end up breaking their neck!! Rugby is BRUTAL! :O

You should watch a Para Rugby game. They don't call it Murderball for nothing. Boy can those chairs turn on a dime too.

Canada lost to Ireland, which means we're in a bit of a hole from here on out. One thing I love about Harry's Patronage of English Rugby is that he went and did what needs to be done to be a Certified Coach. He could have easily just "be a Royal Patron", but he wanted to become certified so when it came time for him to attend workshops, he could help out instead of just standing there on the sidelines as "The Royal Patron".

Got to respect him for that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well Rugby is a very serious issue...

You should watch a Para Rugby game. They don't call it Murderball for nothing. Boy can those chairs turn on a dime too.

Canada lost to Ireland, which means we're in a bit of a hole from here on out. One thing I love about Harry's Patronage of English Rugby is that he went and did what needs to be done to be a Certified Coach. He could have easily just "be a Royal Patron", but he wanted to become certified so when it came time for him to attend workshops, he could help out instead of just standing there on the sidelines as "The Royal Patron".

Got to respect him for that.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Prince Harry is also openly dyslexic and so, in my humble opinion deserves even more kudous for this accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

When this couple smile and laugh together- wow! Love it! You can see how much they love each other- if that ain't love I don't know what is. Especially when they laugh you can see the love. My mom says laughter is an essential ingredient for a happy marriage, and William and Kate seem like the happiest couple!
Some of Kate's facial expressions are .... priceless!
This couple never fails to make my day, and once again didn't disappoint!

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will visit the BBC's DIY SOS Team for The Big Build: Veteran's Special

23rd September 2015

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will join the BBC's DIY SOS team in Manchester as they help turn a street scattered with derelict houses into liveable homes for ex-service personnel.

BBC - DIY SOS tackle their biggest build yet! - Media Centre

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will visit the BBC's DIY SOS Team for The Big Build: Veteran's Special

23rd September 2015

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will join the BBC's DIY SOS team in Manchester as they help turn a street scattered with derelict houses into liveable homes for ex-service personnel.

BBC - DIY SOS tackle their biggest build yet! - Media Centre
Wow, that's great :D Is that some kind of televised show or what?

^^^ Yes on BBC One

Princes William and Harry will be helping the DIY SOS team transform a street in north Manchester into a veterans' village.

The Royal brothers are set to join the BBC team tomorrow to help with the final stages of refurbishing homes in Newton Heath for former army servicemen and women.

The project, the largest ever to feature on the makeover series, launched last Monday and is due to be completed by the end of this week.

The princes are expected to meet ex-servicemen and women who are moving into the renovated homes.
Read more: Princes William and Harry to appear in special episode of DIY SOS - Telegraph

BBC One - DIY SOS

Last edited:
Dressed in jeans and workmens' helmets, Princes William and Harry are preparing to show off their DIY skills today, helping to turn a derelict street into homes for ex-service personnel.

The brothers are throwing their weight behind the ambitious project, which will see an entire street in Newton Heath, Manchester, rejuvenated for Armed Forces veterans.

The pair joined presenter Nick Knowles and the BBC's DIY SOS team of builders, as well as hundreds of volunteers, in helping with the final stages of the build.

Read more: Yes they can! Princes William and Harry don workmen's helmets with their NAMES on as they help transform a derelict street into homes for ex-servicemen* | Daily Mail Online

That beard doesn't hurt him at all.

LaRae

I think he looks fine with the beard... it's just a matter of getting used to it again... As it was when other royal men wore a beard!

Yeah, I think he looks fine, though I doubt he'll keep it. Good to see Harry and William publicising this help for ex-service personnel.

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

I wonder if they get to keep the hats? They could use them to play Bob the Builder with George later on. ?

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 2 mins2 minutes ago
The princes have left the site and it is back to work on the #DIYSOSVeterans project. Looking forward to seeing the end product.

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 3 mins3 minutes ago
Lamin said: "Living here is an opportunity for me and my family. Living in the environment I've kind of missed."

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 9 mins9 minutes ago
He said: "It has been tough. As soon as you come out of the army life is completely different."

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 9 mins9 minutes ago
John Borge, a veteran with PTSD, said he is looking forward to moving into his new home and having his son visit.

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 10 mins10 minutes ago
He said: "It's been really lovely. They both served in the army they understand. They gave the boys on the site a a boost."

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 10 mins10 minutes ago
Just had a chat with Nick Knowles. He said appeal for more builders last week went viral after @MENnewsdesk story.

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 26 mins26 minutes ago
John Borge a former soldier is joking with Harry to come to his house warming next Monday.

Alexandra Rucki ‏@AlexandraRucki 32 mins32 minutes ago
Nick Knowles and the princes just shared a group hug. They are thanking him for the visit.

Last edited:
Gosh, I hope William doesn't get paint on his only sweater!

Video:
Princes William and Harry have donned hard hats to help DIY SOS turn a derelict street in Manchester into homes for ex-service personnel. The pair will join presenter Nick Knowles and the BBC's DIY SOS team of builders as well as hundreds of volunteers in helping with the final stages of the build-

Home - ITNSource News

Simon Perry is reporting The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend England vs Wales rugby match at Twickenham on Saturday 8.00 pm

Simon Perry is reporting The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend England vs Wales rugby match at Twickenham on Saturday 8.00 pm
Yeah, that's what we all expected :) Will be very fun to see them rooting [edit:cheering] on different teams :p

Last edited:
Princes William and Harry will be sporting divided rugby loyalties for this weekend’s crunch Wales v England match – and now even their waxworks have been pitted against each other.

To mark the vital Rugby World Cup clash between the two sides, Madame Tussauds has draped the models of the royal brothers with the flags of the two teams.
Read more: England v Wales Rugby World Cup 2015: Prince William and Prince Harry line up against each other - in waxwork - Wales Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom