British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Videos:
The Queen and senior members of the British Royal Family have marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, by watching a flypast of RAF planes over Buckingham Palace in central London this morning. Her Majesty was joined on the balcony by the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, the Duke of Cambridge Prince William, the Duke of York Prince Andrew, the Earl of Wessex Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex-

Home - ITNSource News

The 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain has been marked by an RAF flypast over Buckingham Palace this morning, watched by Her Majesty and Queen and senior members of the British Royal Family-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=BATTLE OF BRITAIN FLYPAST - GROUNDSHOTS

Senior members of the British Royal Family have attended a reception at the RAF Club in Piccadilly today, to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Amongst those attending today’s event were the Duke of Cambridge Prince William, Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, Earl of Wessex Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=ROYALS ATTEND BATTLE OF BRITAIN ANNIVERSARY RECEPTION

Prince Philip have a way of letting everyone know he's always in charge. At the reception he told the photographer, "well just take it, just take the f***ing picture."

Aaaah now it makes sense, thank you! I genuinely didn't know about Sophie and her honorary rank in the RAF.
My bad !
Kate if you're reading this, i'm sorry :lol::lol:

Yes, Catherine isn't an honorary colonel yet, but she will be once The Queen appoints her.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ask Sophie to take over the role as President of the All England Club from the Duke of Kent?

I don't believe anything has been confirmed as of yet regarding the All England Club and people are just speculating who will take on the presidency in the future.

Royal family watch Battle of Britain flypast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyTyKRZ9MtU

Prince Philip's tells photographer: Just take the ****ing picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDCn0lGhaLg

;)I want to say that I'm surprised that he said that on film but then I considered who was saying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is 94 years old does not have time to waste.:)

If Catherine or Camilla said that they'd be torn to shreds. Good to see Philip benefit from the male prerogative.

Well that was rather rude. There was definitely a better way for him to express his impatience.

And people were upset because William made a joke....I said a day or two ago he has a long way to go before he gets to the level of the DoE.

LaRae

I know this is classic Phillip but his face-expressions made it seem a little more "uncontrolled" this time. Like he couldn't control it slipping out... Maybe some age related issue...

Well folks - it was a wonderful display - I was front and centre at BP. Most of the people around me had no idea that the changing of the guard was going to include anything special today and a number were disappointed that the guards weren't the army ones in their red coats but the RAF. When I explained what was happening they were ok.

General comments were very scathing about Kate's non appearance and the police officers, when asked why she, Charles and Camilla weren't there, said the C and C were engaged elsewhere but that Kate refused to make any sort of public appearance this week.

Now I know that is only police officers at the palace but that is what they were saying - not one of them but a couple as I heard others say they were told the same thing in other parts of the palace as people were leaving.

What the media says, and the official reasons, isn't reaching the people on the ground at the palace who are the ones asked by the visitors about these things so there are many people who have left there today with the view that Kate simply is refusing to appear in public unless it is the 'fun' stuff - right or wrong that is the image that is now out there.

PR is important and someone needs to look at the image that she is putting out there. In all the royal places I have visited, where I have been meeting other royals fans the one thing coming through loud and clear is a great deal of dissatisfaction with Kate and even William.

Last edited:
I need more information, Seems like odd statements from a police officer to say Kate 'refuses' to do engagements this week. What conservations would a 'lowly' police officer be privy to know the diary of a senior royal. Smells fishy to me

The 'refuses to' also caught my eye. Because like you said, he has to know some insiders who know her reasons for not attending.

The 'refuses to' also caught my eye. Because like you said, he has to know some insiders who know her reasons for not attending.

Or he was just speculating irresponsibly?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well I'm chalking this up to republican mischief making. How fortuitous several palaces employees were commenting to the public about the diary of the Duchess of Cambridge especially since she is officially on maternity leave.

In the words of Joe Biden, what a bunch of malarkey

It sounds like the police officer was just speculating. Especially since it's already been established as to why Kate wasn't in attendance.

I don't even believe they were speculating at all. To say C and C had another engagement but Kate 'refuses' to work comes right out of the republican manuel. The police officer would tell the person why Kate wasn't in attendance. Simply that she isn't a RAF Commodore.

It was a good try though lol

Last edited:
The points that need to be noted:

1. this was said by more than one police officer

2. the police knew why Charles and Camilla weren't there AND

3. people left there with the idea that Kate is refusing to work as that is what they are being told by the people who have the job of actually dealing with the public in a day to day role at the front of BP.

If the BRF cared about PR they would make sure that the police at the front of BP knew the reasons for things so that they can't speculate OR maybe they are telling the police the truth and the media has it wrong.

Not everyone reads the media releases from BP and they get their information from the police at the gates so these police need to have accurate information and their answers to questions about Kate were 'she has refused to attend these events' not from one officer but at least four to my certain knowledge from people I spoke to throughout the day.

Last edited:
I don't even believe they were speculating at all. To say C and C had another engagement but Kate 'refuses' to work comes right out of the republican manuel. The police officer would tell the person why Kate wasn't in attendance. Simply that she isn't a RAF Commodore.

It was a good try though lol

Personally, I enjoy tales from republicans even if the veracity of their claims are dubious at best. :lol:

It is great to see Duke of Kent, Prince Michael and Princess Alexandra making a public appearance alongside the Windsors.

The points that need to be noted:

1. this was said by more than one police officer

2. the police knew why Charles and Camilla weren't there AND

3. people left there with the idea that Kate is refusing to work as that is what they are being told by the people who have the job of actually dealing with the public in a day to day role at the front of BP.

If the BRF cared about PR they would make sure that the police at the front of BP knew the reasons for things so that they can't speculate OR maybe they are telling the police the truth and the media has it wrong.

Not everyone reads the media releases from BP and they get their information from the police at the gates so these police need to have accurate information and their answers to questions about Kate were 'she has refused to attend these events' not from one officer but at least four to my certain knowledge from people I spoke to throughout the day.

Well, it sounds like those police officers are very unprofessional - they really shouldn't be speculating or commenting on such things unless they know what they're talking about. Having been at the Palace gates, though, I know the officers there can be a chatty bunch, to an extent that surprises me. However, I never heard any information that was blatantly false or speculative.

Well that was rather rude. There was definitely a better way for him to express his impatience.

I wonder whether Philip would have said the same thing had the Queen been there!

I'll leave it to reasonable people to decide for themselves but this sort of nonsense has been making the rounds on the less reputable blogs for weeks. So again how fortuitous that despite the palace issuing a statement as to why Kate wasn't attending, the day of the event multiple police officers spring into action to say Kate is 'refusing' to work and it just happens to be overheard by republican ears.

A fifth grader can write better fiction. I will say this, Kate must be viewed as an extreme threat to republicans to go to such lengths. Her 'republican slayer' down under tour to force is still smarting.

Last edited:
I'll leave it to reasonable people to decide but this sort of nonsense has been making the rounds on the less reputable blogs for weeks. So again how fortuitous that despite the palace issuing a statement as to why Kate wasn't attending multiple police officers spring into action to say Kate is 'refusing' to work and it just happens to be overheard by republican ears.

A fifth grader can write better fiction. I will say this, Kate must be viewed as an extreme threat to republicans to go to such lengths. Her 'republican slayer' down under tour to force is still smarting.

Well, I can't say I know what's been going on on the less reputable blogs (have stumbled upon those a time or two - eek), but some things don't quite add up here. The "refusing" thing does seem a bit odd, and the number of officers who apparently said it seems to be multiplying.

I'll leave it to reasonable people to decide for themselves but this sort of nonsense has been making the rounds on the less reputable blogs for weeks. So again how fortuitous that despite the palace issuing a statement as to why Kate wasn't attending, the day of the event multiple police officers spring into action to say Kate is 'refusing' to work and it just happens to be overheard by republican ears.

Either it is an amusing piece of fiction. Or the police officers felt bad that Philip didn't invite Catherine, so they spun a narrative to allow her to "save face". You don't really get fired if you were planning to quit the next day, right? ;)

But often the correct answer is the least outlandish one. :whistling:

So palace employees were going around telling visitors that Kate was refusing to work? Isn't that a no-no? I know that when I was working, it would have been highly unprofessional for me to slam my employer/boss to any guests that were visiting. Not to mention they were giving out false information.

I wonder whether Philip would have said the same thing had the Queen been there!

I wonder too. I feel sorry for the photographer that was just trying to do his job.

Royal family watch Battle of Britain flypast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyTyKRZ9MtU

Prince Philip's tells photographer: Just take the ****ing picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDCn0lGhaLg

First- William in his RAF uniform. William being William with the elderly soldiers. Sophie being Sophie with the elderly soldiers. HM and Sophie looking gorgeous. Back to William.
Second- Did the DOE really use the F word?:lol:
EDIT- Anna's post. Sophie looked so gorgeous.http://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2015/07/75th-anniversary-of-battle-of-britain.html
Bonus- That pic of the Duke of Cambridge with the old man. Made my day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom