The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The pictures are dribbling in, but it looks as if Phillip, Edward, Anne, Tim, Sophie and Louise made it to St. Mary Magdalene's today. The crowd was small with few (2) photographers too as the weather was not nice at all. i-Images Picture Agency
https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/914852
The fact that Charles, Andrew, William appear to not be there does seem to verify that the Queen is just feeling lousy, as opposed to very ill.

I did look for photos from the church at Anmer. Zilch, so far.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't Charles usually spend New Years in Scotland? The Cambridges could be there with him.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes of course and that was my point. He is doing what he always does.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge's could be with Charles or the Middletons for the New Year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Hooray for Her Majesty! Queen wins battle over heavy cold to attend church a MONTH after she was last seen in public* | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

I spotted The Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, Lady Susan Hussey and (I think) Sophie Carter
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3879331070.jpg
Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I spotted The Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, Lady Susan Hussey and (I think) Sophie Carter
That red velvet coat is divine!
Old 01-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another one of Charlotte's godparents was also present - Tom Van Straubenzee. A similar house party that happened last year around the time of Kate's birthday last year.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting that while the kids went to church on Christmas Day, there are no signs of George and Charlotte today. Makes me think that the service at Sandringham is a bit less child friendly than the one at the Middleton's local church.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Or maybe the church service at the Middletons' was a one-off because it was Christmas Day. I can see them taking the kids to church, at such young ages, on mainly special occasions. I really would not relish trying to keep a 3 year old and a 1 year old quiet for a Church service.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Considering its Kate's birthday tomorrow, not surprising to see her whole family and dome friends there. Technically the middletons are not staying at sandringham, the queen is not involved. They are staying at Amner hall, yes on the estate but not guests of the queen. But it's still lovely to see them interacting with the royals.

As for the kids it could be a mix of things. The walk to church. Far more press here then home, especially with the quern appearing fir first time in weeks. They could also just think the kids are too young except holidays.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Marchioness of Cholmondeley, Sophie Carter and Thomas van Straubenzee

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S88jfZqsU.../s1600/sjf.jpg
Old 01-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Oh, dear. The majority of the people in this photo are clasping their hands and/or clutches in front of their bodies. Certain posters on this site must be having palpitations.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Or maybe the church service at the Middletons' was a one-off because it was Christmas Day. I can see them taking the kids to church, at such young ages, on mainly special occasions. I really would not relish trying to keep a 3 year old and a 1 year old quiet for a Church service.
It was reported at the time that the local church has a crèche and that Charlotte left the main service halfway through, but George stayed the whole time with his parents.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that all posts relating to the Middleton Family, their Church attendance and their whereabouts have been moved to the following thread:

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Since this thread is now almost 60 pages long, it is time to close it and open a new thread for the British Royal Family Current Events. The new thread can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-41743.html

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events