The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

28th April 2015-
WINDSOR CASTLE:

The Queen, Sovereign of the Order, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, was present this morning at a Service of the Royal Victorian Order held in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.
The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, Grand Master of the Order, and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy were also present.
Her Majesty and His Royal Highness were received by the Dean of Windsor (the Right Reverend David Conner) and the Chaplain of the Order (the Reverend Professor Peter Galloway).
Detachments of Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms, The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard and the Military Knights of Windsor were on duty in St. George's Chapel.
Afterwards The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a Reception at Windsor Castle for those who attended the Service-
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx

I wish there were pictures of this event. It's one of the events we don't get a chance to see.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen has presented New Colours to the Welsh Guards in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle, .

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I must say that is a big royal turn out for the event which is great to see.

Pity there isn't any pictures so far of the royals

zimbio.com gallery
Old 04-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I must say that is a big royal turn out for the event which is great to see.

Pity there isn't any pictures so far of the royals

zimbio.com gallery
(L-R) Philip, the queen, (?), Charles, Camilla
The Queen Presents New Colours To The 1st Battalion, Welsh Guards - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 04-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks to be in great form, as usual.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...7odffHjqXl.jpg

The Queen presents new colours to the Welsh Guards in Windsor | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 52m 52 minutes ago
The Queen, Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla will attend a thanksgiving service at Westminster Abbey on May 10 for the VE Day anniversary.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 55m 55 minutes ago
Earlier in the day, Prince Andrew will represent the Queen at a national service at the Cenotaph to mark 70 years since Victory in Europe.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah · 56m 56 minutes ago
The Queen will light the first of a series of over 200 beacons around the UK on Friday 8th May to mark the 70th anniversary of VE Day.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Unusual that not all the members of the family are not attending the service or doing anything for the 70th anniversary. (Although I am hoping that Edward and Sophie are unable to attend because they are going to Monaco for a christening....) It's odd to not seen Anne participate in this.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the Future Engagements on the British Monarchy Website:

There is nothing listed for anyone for the 10th May

Anne has nothing listed this week, which is rare for her.

Edward has nothing on between the 6th and 11th.

Sophie is going to the Channel Islands for events on the 9th and then other events on the 11th.

9th May 2015

The Countess of Wessex

will visit the Bailiwicks of Guernsey and Jersey to attend events commemorating the Seventieth Anniversary of the Liberation of the Islands.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
According to the Future Engagements on the British Monarchy Website:
There is nothing listed for anyone for the 10th May
Anne has nothing listed this week, which is rare for her
Earlier in the weekend when I checked the week ahead, Anne had an engagement that was (and I quote) "." LOL - where is that?
Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Nation Remembers: VE Day- 70th Anniversary: BBC One
Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey- 11am Sunday

Her Majesty The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, together with other members of the Royal Family, will attend a service of thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey to commemorate the historic occasion-
BBC One - VE Day 70, The Nation Remembers

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Tomorrow: The Queen, Pr Philip, Charles & Camilla will attend the #VEDay70 Thanksgiving Service at Westminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey » HM The Queen to Attend VE Day Thanksgiving Service

Outside UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and The Duke of Kent at the service at Westminster Abbey today.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen has attended a service at Westminster Abbey with other members of the Royal Family to mark the 70th anniversary of VE Day - May 10, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - VE Day 70th Anniversary Day Three - Zimbio

VE Day: Queen attends Westminster Abbey service - BBC News

Queen Attends Victory In Europe Service

Video: VE Day memorial service: Queen lays wreath at Westminster Abbey - Telegraph

We shall remember them: Queen and other royals join 1,000 veterans at Westminster Abbey to mark 70th anniversary of VE Day | Daily Mail Online

She appeared to be in great form, as usual.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1254108248.jpg

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...q(388x340).jpg
Old 05-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Sophie stay home with the children? And did you put these photos in order on purpose? If so, I tip my hat to you!
Old 05-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie is in Jersey and Guernsey representing the Queen for their VE Day events I believe but i'd have to check to be 100% sure.

Edit - indeed Sophie represented the Queen http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...eration70.aspx
Old 05-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Royal Family have arrived at Westminster Abbey for this morning's service of thanksgiving for the 70th anniversary of VE Day. David Cameron and other prominent politicians were also in attendance-

Home - ITNSource News

The Royal Family joined more than 1,000 veterans at Westminster Abbey and Horse Guards Parade today to mark the 70th anniversary of VE Day. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and others all attended a service of thanksgiving to remember those who sacrificed their lives during the Second World War, alongside the Prime Minister David Cameron, other party leaders, and many current and former members of the armed Forces-
Home - ITNSource News

Mr Cameron looked relaxed following the rigours of campaigning during the General Election as he sat and chatted with veterans who were enjoying refreshments in the Royal British Legion marquee in St James's Park. .
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen looks wonderful. So does the Duchess of Cornwall, but especially the Queen. How Phillip can walk with all those medals is beyond me. The Scottish first minister looks like she's sucking on a lemon. The Duchess of Cornwall, POW, and PM look to be a hit with the veterans. Love the pic with the Duchess and the little girl and the bouquet. Anybody see actor Robert Hardy?
Old 05-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 4h 4 hours ago
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall outside their home following #VEDay70 commemorations today.
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...00622028234752

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh attend Abbey VE Day Service

Westminster Abbey » HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh attend Abbey VE Day Service
Old 05-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

The vf service was breathtakingly patriotic.

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events