The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Seeing W&H hugging Chewbacca just makes me think how weird it was to make the Queen & Phillip visit Game of Thrones. All these other visits, it is clear the royals are fans of the show/film. But you know the Queen and DoE haven't seen one second of GoT.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Seeing W&H hugging Chewbacca just makes me think how weird it was to make the Queen & Phillip visit Game of Thrones. All these other visits, it is clear the royals are fans of the show/film. But you know the Queen and DoE haven't seen one second of GoT.

How do you know that? Maybe they are big fans but trained in hiding their emotions? But yeah, I get your point :)

Old 04-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Majesty

nice fun visit for Harry and William, they are very lucky
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...Wj1c63AvGl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgaALYYWIAAIXws.jpg

gallery
The Duke Of Cambridge And Prince Harry Visit The "Star Wars" Film Set - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Well, we don't know if they haven't seen GoT. They probably have come across it, but we haven't heard from them actually express a liking for it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
huge event for Catherine as Hostess
Quite right. I wonder if the abandonformality, and have quite a relaxed "homestyle" meal.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I loved seeing our then 88 year old Queen at the Game of Thrones, and she was very interested in the throne. Watch from 35:40 to 45:00:

The cast speaks about her visit:
Old 04-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Looks like a fun visit,I take it that they are both Star Wars fans!
Old 04-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

William joyfully running to affectionately hug a tall blond hairy creature.

William caressing the 'head' of an actress.

William and Harry playing with sabers and guns.

Harry climbing into an aircraft.

Last week William and Catherine played and fed baby animals.

Yet George is 'too naughty' and 'too noisy' to take to India.

Just hoping one of George's classmate has a cellphone or a tablet and shows George what his father, mother and uncle are up to when he is not around.

I think George is 'naughty' because he is at the age where he can talk and talk and talk and tells everyone what he knows including about 'Mummy and Daddy.'

William will surely not want a tattletale in his mist going to the media to report on his 'private time' so 'naughty' George stays home.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William will surely not want a tattletale in his mist going to the media to report on his 'private time' so 'naughty' George stays home.

It is actually rather amazing watching the crazed motivations you invent for strangers and the emotions you project on to them.

I used to find it disturbing, but now it's one of the most entertaining things to read here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so beyond green w/envy right now. Also disturbed and worried after watching their Lightsaber duel. I mean...Any other SW Fans notice which Lightsaber Harry was wielding? Just a bit troubling...

Also, who knew Harry was fluent in Wookie?

Boy, Mark Hamill has not aged well at all, has he? Didn't know him at all at first.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-20-2016, 02:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It is actually rather amazing watching the crazed motivations you invent for strangers and the emotions you project on to them.

I used to find it disturbing, but now it's one of the most entertaining things to read here.

So true, just when you think it can't get more bizarre and nonsensical, it somehow does!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I am so beyond green w/envy right now. Also disturbed and worried after watching their Lightsaber duel. I mean...Any other SW Fans notice which Lightsaber Harry was wielding? Just a bit troubling...

Also, who knew Harry was fluent in Wookie?

Boy, Mark Hamill has not aged well at all, has he? Didn't know him at all at first.

I think Mark Hamill is still impacted by his tragic car accident in the 1970s. His face had to basically be rebuilt, and I think it's had an impact on how he's aged.

He's perfect for playing an aged Jedi master though :)

Old 04-20-2016, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William joyfully running to affectionately hug a tall blond hairy creature.

William caressing the 'head' of an actress.

William and Harry playing with sabers and guns.

Harry climbing into an aircraft.

Last week William and Catherine played and fed baby animals.

Yet George is 'too naughty' and 'too noisy' to take to India.

Just hoping one of George's classmate has a cellphone or a tablet and shows George what his father, mother and uncle are up to when he is not around.

I think George is 'naughty' because he is at the age where he can talk and talk and talk and tells everyone what he knows including about 'Mummy and Daddy.'

George isn't 3 yet doubt any of the children he might know have iPhones. Really we know he's a darling little boy but is only a very very young child
Old 04-20-2016, 02:46 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I suppose they've just not caught onto the big secret that I've revealed in another thread stating that Elvis is being channeled through Lupo and most likely can tell all the dirt as it really is from "the other side".
Old 04-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think Mark Hamill is still impacted by his tragic car accident in the 1970s. His face had to basically be rebuilt, and I think it's had an impact on how he's aged.

He's perfect for playing an aged Jedi master though :)

Good point. For some reason I always forget that happened to Mark. Bet he wishes for that too.

Some fascinating stuff shown yesterday. The reason why they made a head double for Daisy/Rey, I'd never thought of any of that before, but it makes sense in the context of the filming, story and genre. I wonder if any BAFTA Scholarship recipients are working there? Talk about a heck of a first job to have for your resume, huh?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I watched both the itn source videos of the Star Wars visit. I loved when they had the light sabers, William is attempting to ask Daisy Ridley questions about training to do the fights and Harry just wants William to shut up and play fight with him

Old 04-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

What time is the dinner with at Kensington Palace this evening?
Old 04-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Dinner at KP tonight;
https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...79867065929728

Waiting for Potus and Flotus;
https://twitter.com/justinsink/statu...78486393282560

GettyImages picture;
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...81721237721090

Having a chat;
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...83350217277440

Apparently George was waiting in the corridor to meet the Obama's.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Dinner at KP tonight;
https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...79867065929728

Waiting for Potus and Flotus;
https://twitter.com/justinsink/statu...78486393282560

GettyImages picture;
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/...81721237721090

Having a chat;
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...83350217277440

Apparently George was waiting in the corridor to meet the Obama's.
Thank you for the photos. I had to take a second look because I thought I saw Bo the First Family's dog, but it appears to be a stuffed animal.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you for the photos. I had to take a second look because I thought I saw Bo the First Family's dog, but it appears to be a stuffed animal.
That is Jess the Cat from Postman Pat, more than likely anyway.

Now, it's party time! After his controversial intervention in the Brexit debate, Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle are greeted by William, Kate and Harry for informal Kensington Palace dinner | Daily Mail Online

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events