British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke of Edinburgh looked the best. As for the Order of Garter, Europeans have an odd taste.

Last edited:
I thank God that Buckingham Palace has woken up and have released an official picture for this grand event. They should've been doing this long ago.

...standing prominently in front of two portraits of "Vicky" and "Fritz", Queen Victoria´s eldest daughter and son-in-law, parents of Germany´s last emperor Wilhelm II.

I really appreciate the Palace releasing this picture. It's almost like the family is posing for an official portrait. Which is extremely hard to get them to do. I mean it's like pulling teeth to get portraits out of them. Especially, when all the other royal family are more than happy to do so all the time.

I really appreciate the Palace releasing this picture. It's almost like the family is posing for an official portrait. Which is extremely hard to get them to do. I mean it's like pulling teeth to get portraits out of them. Especially, when all the other royal family are more than happy to do so all the time.

I agree - and I thanked @theroyalfamily on instagram for this extraordinary gesture. Look at all of the good will they got from 1 photograph.... and a very historic one as well.

It is interesting and that no photographs have been released in the past from this obviously regal evening. If it was a recent tradition I would think it was due to William being so uncomfortable photographed in his garter breeches. :lol:

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

It's understandable for photos not to be taken during the event. You don't want release a photo of the ambassador from India having a joke with the Pakistani one.

The BRF royal attending seems very limited to the monarch and future monarch's with their spouses. If you took the same picture at next year's event, it isn't going to be much different probably Kate is a different dress.

Last edited:
It's understandable for photos not to be taken during the event. You don't want release a photo of the ambassador from India having a joke with the Pakistani one.

The BRF royal attending seems very limited to the monarch and future monarch's with their spouses. If you took the same picture at next year's event, it isn't going to be much different probably Kate is a different dress.

That's how it suppose to be. Charles and William and spouses.

They don't have to release pictures of the diplomats, but at least release these kind of photos every year.

I would think the big family Christmas lunch would be this week...the one at Buckingham Palace where the Queen hosts her extended family.

I think it is this week.

That's how it suppose to be. Charles and William and spouses.

They don't have to release pictures of the diplomats, but at least release these kind of photos every year.

Interestingly though in the past i think more royals attended. I remember seeing footage of Princess Alexandra and her brothers and their wives being there.

Interestingly though in the past i think more royals attended. I remember seeing footage of Princess Alexandra and her brothers and their wives being there.

Yes, more royals attended in the past. It's now down to the most senior royals. The Queen, Prince Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine. Harry might start attending at some point, but I think the main royals should be the only ones attending.

I would say IMO the more royals the better? Surely as over 1,000 diplomats attend the more royals the more people to help greet and meet everyone. Many hands make light work... That said even if more royals attended they could still release pics of just HM, Dof E, C&C and W&K.

I would say IMO the more royals the better? Surely as over 1,000 diplomats attend the more royals the more people to help greet and meet everyone. Many hands make light work... That said even if more royals attended they could still release pics of just HM, Dof E, C&C and W&K.

I don't know, I just think the most senior royals should be the only ones attending such events. There are events for the other royals; Trooping the Colour, State Banquets, etc. The Diplomatic Corps Reception is one the most important events of the royal calendar, and it's fitting for the direct heirs to attend this one.

I'm very happy that on official photo was released. Keep this up every year.

Well, please let us know when you convince the Queen and the POW of this. Because we will all look at the pictures if it ever happens. :flowers:

I take it that the family lunch at BP is next week?

Gerts Royals, which keeps a record of Royal engagements, has the lunch posted for the 20th.

Thank you for the video, looks like everyone was enjoying themselves.

I love how all the working members of the Family, were included not just the Queen, the DofE, and The Wales-Cambridge family.

The pictures are dribbling in, but it looks as if Phillip, Edward, Anne, Tim, Sophie and Louise made it to St. Mary Magdalene's today. The crowd was small with few (2) photographers too as the weather was not nice at all. i-Images Picture Agency
https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/914852
The fact that Charles, Andrew, William appear to not be there does seem to verify that the Queen is just feeling lousy, as opposed to very ill.

I did look for photos from the church at Anmer. Zilch, so far.

Doesn't Charles usually spend New Years in Scotland? The Cambridges could be there with him.

:previous: Yes of course and that was my point. He is doing what he always does. :flowers:

The Cambridge's could be with Charles or the Middletons for the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom