British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you were there? And thanks for the photos!

You're welcome they aren't great but gives an idea of the view from the cathedral steps.

Yes I was at the Service today.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have attended the Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh today, as the Royals continue their week-long visit to Scotland today.
Home - ITNSource News

Well, it's a big day for Her Majesty.
And apparently, the DM decided it should be a big day for rear views of the males in the Royal Family (see also, the Mike Tindall Golf Tourney photos). ;)

short video of William showing the Queen and Philip around
https://twitter.com/Heart4CNews/status/753196178418774017

I see on his name tag that he is William Wales, wouldn't he now be William Cambridge? o
He started usuing William Wales in the military before marriage. They seem to use the names interchangebly. Kate has been reported as putting down her name as Mrs Cambridge in a shop, on weddings they are sometimes Wales, sometimes Cambridge and sometimes title etc :p Since they have no last name they can just choose whatever they want.

Wouldn't his last name be Windsor-Mountbatten (or the other way around)?

Wouldn't his last name be Windsor-Mountbatten (or the other way around)?
That one is usually only used by the ones who actually legally need a last name. The ones with titles and no lastnames seem to more use their titles as names than the family name.

He started usuing William Wales in the military before marriage. They seem to use the names interchangebly. Kate has been reported as putting down her name as Mrs Cambridge in a shop, on weddings they are sometimes Wales, sometimes Cambridge and sometimes title etc :p Since they have no last name they can just choose whatever they want.

He actually started before the military when he graduated St Andrews - it was William Wales as the announced name.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He actually started before the military when he graduated St Andrews - it was William Wales as the announced name.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Oh, you're right :) Forgot about that! So seems very normal that he's kept that as his "civilian/military" name.

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 6h6 hours ago
The Queen hosts her final 90th celebration on Tues, a private party for friends & family at Drapers' Hall, she heads to Balmoral on Friday

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 1h
the Cambridges aren't attending due to William's flying commitments in Norfolk this week

The Queen, Philip, Anne, Tim, Eugenie, Lady Helen, Gabriella and Freddie Windsor and Zenouska Mowatt are who I can see arriving. I think the majority of the guests are friends and employees.

The Queen, Philip, Anne, Tim, Eugenie, Lady Helen, Gabriella and Freddie Windsor and Zenouska Mowatt are who I can see arriving. I think the majority of the guests are friends and employees.
Yeah, that is what has been reported. That C&C, Cambridges, Harry etc are not there, neither is all the rest of the royals.

I mixed up Zenouska Mowatt and Flora Ogilvy. Flora was there, not Zenouska.

Lady Marina and Lady Amelia are so pretty.

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

I mixed up Zenouska Mowatt and Flora Ogilvy. Flora was there, not Zenouska.

Lady Marina and Lady Amelia are so pretty.

I could be wrong but I imagine Zenouska Mowatt was there and just not picked up by the press. I follow her on Instagram and yesterday she posted a picture with her brother. She was wearing a dress and he a suit and tie. I'm guessing they were going to the lunch.

It seems a bit of a random gathering. No senior royals other than Anne and Eugenie, no Gloucesters that we can see. Only the younger members of the Kent family.

Last edited:
So, Anne and Tim attended this year and good for them! I wonder if they came straight over from Russia? Charles and the Queen giggled at the sack race, as usual. Attendance looked spectacular this year which is good for flooding recovery charities!

HM and the Duke look well rested. You have to love a summer holiday!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte are at Balmoral visiting the Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. They arrived Thursday

She may be 90, but the Queen proved yesterday that she still takes the controls when it comes to family gatherings at her beloved Scottish estate.

The monarch played chauffeur to her granddaughter-in-law Kate – relegating their security guards to the back seat.

Dressed in a casual sleeveless jacket, she drove the Duchess of Cambridge – or the Countess of Strathearn as she is known north of the border – to a picnic lunch with Prince William in the hills above Loch Muick on the Balmoral estate.
Read more: I’m still in the driving seat, Kate! Queen proves she is still in control as she chauffeurs her granddaughter-in-law around her Scottish estateÂ* | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about the origin of these photos? Official press? If so, whom? Or were these phone photos from hikers - that's my guess. The DM lists no photog, and I'm curious about the amount of info disclosed (Arrival date, beaters, time the Queen left Balmoral)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom