The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
James and Pippa - certainly - were reported at returning from a week in the Caribbean on Saturday so they haven't been staying there since Christmas. Normally the Middleton's spend Carole's birthday in the Caribbean which would fit with this break by the younger Middleton children.

The Middleton's attended the Christmas service in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The first time I remember them attending was 2014, reportedly having been personally invited to do so by the Queen. In 2014 the Middleton family were photographed at the church but did not walk from Sandringham, they arrived discretely via car prior to the Royal family's stroll from Sandringham. This is the first that they've been photographed walking from Sandringham to attend services. My impression is that in the Sundays after Christmas who ever happens to be visiting the Queen and Phillip at Sandringham walks w/ Phillip and/or rides with the Queen to church on the Sunday's following Christmas.
Thank you both for the information. I must've missed the photos of Pippa and James in the Caribbean.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sunday Service -

Princess Eugenie joins the Queen, Prince Philip and Prince Andrew at church | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-31-2016, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen set to pass on her patronages of the All England Club (Wimbledon) to Kate, & Rugby Football Union to Prince Harry @thesundaytimes

https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...19904688611329
Old 02-01-2016, 03:15 AM
Majesty

The Queen dodges a downpour as she attends church service at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Women are more enthusiastic about the monarchy than men | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

Tim matches his father-in-law, Prince Philip.

Princess Anne matches her mother in beige.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

When the Fail puts this in a caption, are they doing it just to make me really angry? "Tim Laurence, Princess Anne's second husband" They have been married 23 years. I've moved on.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Princess Diana, The Queen and Princess Margaret's dresses in Kensington Palace exhibition | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

So different dresses to the ones they had last year - still would save my money given the lack of information about the palace and the uses of the rooms available - a 'guide' in some rooms that you have to go to to ask for information but there can be a huge crowd waiting to ask about things. Much better when they had the audio-guide but I was told they didn't want people actually standing in each room and looking at the pictures etc and listening to information as people took too long but the new way means people aren't even getting any information at all. I was in one room with a group of Americans who were complaining quite loudly that they weren't able to learn anything about the palace or who lived there due to lack of information boards, guides, or audio-guides. I filled in one of their 'survey forms' but was told by the people on the desk that I handed it to - had to hand it in - no where to put it anonymously - that negative ones had to be shredded and not sent to the people in charge.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Audio Guide backup is definitely a problem. During the diamond jubilee Diamond exhibit at BP, I was so frustrated nobody kept moving but stopped right in front of each case and listened to audio guide. Look and listen while moving, people. Maybe they can get Helen Mirren to give friendly reminders to keep moving while listening.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Audio Guide backup is definitely a problem. During the diamond jubilee Diamond exhibit at BP, I was so frustrated nobody kept moving but stopped right in front of each case and listened to audio guide. Look and listen while moving, people. Maybe they can get Helen Mirren to give friendly reminders to keep moving while listening.
Grand idea. Helen Mirren did an excellent job in the Budweiser commercial during the Super Bowl last Sunday. She tells it like it is. Especially loved the comment "if your brain was donated to science, science would return it".

Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke and #DuchessofCambridge and #PrinceHarry will mark the Somme centenary in France, June 30/July 1, says @BritishMonarchy

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Queen and Prince Philip will mark the event at @wabbey while Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will also travel to France..

Also The Duke of York will be in Manchester and Princess Anne in Canada
Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

The Duke+Duchess of Cambridge+Prince Harry will join Prince Charles+Camilla at the Somme 100th anniversary commemorations in France.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...52345050427392

Details of #Somme100 have been announced; while the Queen and Philip will mark events in London, William, Kate and Harry will be in France.
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...51903239221249

The Queen and DofE will attend an evening vigil at Westminster Abbey on June 30; William, Kate and Harry in France June 30/July 1 #Somme100
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...52894231633920

Princess Anne will attend Somme commemorative events in Canada from June 29 to July 1.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...53509980626944

Correction: Charles and Camilla will attend events in France on July 1 but not June 30. Duke+Duchess of Gloucester will be in France July 1.
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...53961396719616
Old 02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Strange that Edward and Sophie aren't doing anything for this.... Perhaps they will be busy travelling for the 60th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award around that time.

Nice to see the others taking part and showing their support.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Queen will lead the nation in commemorating the centenary of the Battle of the Somme this summer, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The commemorative events will take place on June 30 and July 1 in Britain and France, as well as in Commonwealth countries that lost men in one of the bloodiest battles in history.

The events will begin with an evening vigil at Westminster Abbey on June 30, attended by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, while the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will be at events in France.

The Prince of Wales will join his sons and daughter-in-law in France on July 1, together with the Duchess of Cornwall, while the Princess Royal will be taking part in commemorations in Canada.
Read more: Queen to lead the nation in commemorating 100th anniversary of Battle of the Somme - Telegraph
Old 02-15-2016, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Duke and #DuchessofCambridge and #PrinceHarry will mark the Somme centenary in France, June 30/July 1, says @BritishMonarchy

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The Queen and Prince Philip will mark the event at @wabbey while Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will also travel to France..

Also The Duke of York will be in Manchester and Princess Anne in Canada

Safe to say Princess Anne will be in St. John's, Newfoundland for the Memorial Service for The Royal Newfoundland Regiment on Canada Day. My Dad has a good friend from Newfoundland he worked w/, and he told me it's called The Day That Changed Newfoundland Forever, because close to an entire Generation of Men were wiped out in one day at Beaumont Hamel.

I wonder if Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine and Harry will be split up to attend Ceremonies in different areas, or if there will be one major event they'll all be at?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne attended the presentation of The Queen's Anniversary Prizes for higher and further education at Buckingham Palace today, February 25:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have held a reception for graduates of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, following an awards presentation ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Thursday. His sister, Princess Anne was also in attendance-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 2h2 hours ago
The Queen & Prince of Wales will visit @PrincesTrust centre in Kennington together, March 8, to mark the 40th anniversary of @PrincesTrust

I'm surprised the Cambridge's and Harry won't be there.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 2h2 hours ago
The Queen & Prince of Wales will visit @PrincesTrust centre in Kennington together, March 8, to mark the 40th anniversary of @PrincesTrust

I'm surprised the Cambridge's and Harry won't be there.
There's going to be many events for the 40th anniversary.

I was wondering if this was (for the royal family) a short notice engagement as this was due to be the start of the Spanish State visit.

Also W might be working as he is in London on 11th and possibly 14th (if he attends WAbbey Commonwealth Service)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events