British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Harry joined Wills to tour the Star Wars set. This is right after William came back from India.

I hate it when Harry joins William (or Kate for that matter) on royal visits. Harry is real, William & Kate are phony, phony, phony. And it looks like they are using Harry to boost their own pr. And to make matters even WORSE: they think we are so stupid that they are getting away with it.

I just hate it when they do royal visits together!!! [Grumpy]

I think that's a personal issue for you. Most of us find it delightful watching the two brothers work together, and really enjoy seeing how all three of them get along and like each other. Their trip to the Harry Potter set was one of my favorite royal engagements of all time. And their video for their new mental health initiative was completely delightful.

Recently Harry joined Wills to tour the Star Wars set. This is right after William came back from India.

I hate it when Harry joins William (or Kate for that matter) on royal visits. Harry is real, William & Kate are phony, phony, phony. And it looks like they are using Harry to boost their own pr. And to make matters even WORSE: they think we are so stupid that they are getting away with it.

I just hate it when they do royal visits together!!! [Grumpy]
This is some of the stupidest things I've ever heard. TRF is really starting to turn in to the Daily Mail comments section.

I think that's a personal issue for you. Most of us find it delightful watching the two brothers work together, and really enjoy seeing how all three of them get along and like each other. Their trip to the Harry Potter set was one of my favorite royal engagements of all time. And their video for their new mental health initiative was completely delightful.

Sadly there are many people who see the relationship between William and Harry as a competition - even suggesting, on other sites, that the brothers no longer get along, that Kate is always flirting with Harry and that William doesn't object to that as William can't stand Kate anymore.

They are always arguing that even when William and Kate are photographed together looking lovingly that it is a PR exercise.

Rather than consider the fact that both Diana and Charles encouraged the boys to be close, raised Harry to be a supporter for his older brother and really wanted them to be a team together (as in a way Elizabeth and Margaret were even after Philip joined the trio - not that Margaret did many official engagements with them in the early years of the marriage and then The Queen ascended the throne but that wasn't the pln which was that the two sisters would work together a lot in the reign of George VI as he aged - exactly the plan that is coming to fruition with William, Harry and Kate).

William is very popular according to the polls, with Harry just ahead of him and Kate just behind but the Kate and/or William haters keep saying things like 'The Queen and Charles area planning ways to remove William from the line of succession' etc so that Harry can be King.

The reality is that William and Harry are still very close, Harry enjoys the company of his brother and sister-in-law, niece and nephew, and that in time, if Harry marries then the two couples will do things together.

Members of the Royal Family do not carry out engagements together for the purpose of boosting (or indeed diminishing) one another's popularity.

I always find it useful to remember that not everything in life (royal life or otherwise) is a PR exercise.

You took the words right out of my mouth Jack. :D

These people work for the same Firm, have the same goals and most of all, they're a family. There's no competition whatsoever. One thing is obvious and that is William and Harry are quite close as brothers.

I never know where to put the William and Harry stuff. It's not a current event per se but could become one I suppose. (if true)

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Bear said: "Prince Harry and William are great. We've met on a few occasions especially with championing the conservation stuff in China. We've done a few projects there. I'm a big fan of them.

We definitely have a TV thing in the pipeline but we're keeping that under wraps at the moment. It's very exciting.''
Royal brothers to rough it with Bear Grylls on TV show | Channel24

This is some of the stupidest things I've ever heard. TRF is really starting to turn in to the Daily Mail comments section.

Heaven forbid. I never seem to understand the 'Harry is being used' argument. He's a member of the RF, he does engagements for the Firm not himself or his own popularity. Honestly, as if this were some high school superlative competition.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the "my dog is better than your dog" kind of thing between humans while the pooches happily go around sniffing butts, chasing sticks and doing what dogs do. Silly humans. :D

The date on the 'text message' from the FLOTUS was displayed as April 27th, however cellphone dates can be manipulated.

It is possible the Invictus challenge was created the week before when the Obamas were in London/Windsor.

The set-up could have occurred during the meeting at KP Apt. 1A. The filming of both segments may also have occurred in the U.K.

What does any of that matter? I don't think anyone's saying that the videos and messages were completely spontaneous and thought of at exactly the same time on both sides of the Atlantic. We know that all concerned are busy people and some setting up and coordination must have occurred.
What matters though is that the message about the Games got out, the way it was done was very cute and that it gave everyone a giggle.

The date on the 'text message' from the FLOTUS was displayed as April 27th, however cellphone dates can be manipulated.

It is possible the Invictus challenge was created the week before when the Obamas were in London/Windsor.

The set-up could have occurred during the meeting at KP Apt. 1A. The filming of both segments may also have occurred in the U.K.

Exactly. It was very well done social media content and got a good laugh and some nice headlines for a worthy cause.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Exactly!

Sadly there are many people who see the relationship between William and Harry as a competition - even suggesting, on other sites, that the brothers no longer get along, that Kate is always flirting with Harry and that William doesn't object to that as William can't stand Kate anymore.

They are always arguing that even when William and Kate are photographed together looking lovingly that it is a PR exercise.

Rather than consider the fact that both Diana and Charles encouraged the boys to be close, raised Harry to be a supporter for his older brother and really wanted them to be a team together (as in a way Elizabeth and Margaret were even after Philip joined the trio - not that Margaret did many official engagements with them in the early years of the marriage and then The Queen ascended the throne but that wasn't the pln which was that the two sisters would work together a lot in the reign of George VI as he aged - exactly the plan that is coming to fruition with William, Harry and Kate).

William is very popular according to the polls, with Harry just ahead of him and Kate just behind but the Kate and/or William haters keep saying things like 'The Queen and Charles area planning ways to remove William from the line of succession' etc so that Harry can be King.

The reality is that William and Harry are still very close, Harry enjoys the company of his brother and sister-in-law, niece and nephew, and that in time, if Harry marries then the two couples will do things together.
I think that those people spreading such gossip are not even British or Commonwealth members because at least they understand the monarchy enough to know that the heir is the heir!

Sadly some of them claim to be British on some of other royal sites.

i loved the video of the queen, harry and the obamas! these 4 have some sense of humour.

We've also had the first Garden Party of the Summer.
PA Images ‏@PAImages 16m16 minutes ago
Garden Party at Buckingham Palace http://bit.ly/27aZ3ay #QueenAt90 #QueensGardenParty
https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/730068066718126080

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 3m3 minutes ago
The Queen told Canadian guests at her garden party that she sympathised with the victims of the recent wildfires
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/730071459419262976

The Royal Family ‏@RoyalFamily 38m38 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and Princess Alexandra meet #GardenParty guests at Buckingham Palace
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/730062872286507008

The Royal Family ‏@RoyalFamily 40m40 minutes ago
.@TheDukeOfYork and The Countess of Wessex meet guests at today's Buckingham Palace #GardenParty
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/730062512373272576

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1m1 minute ago
When one garden party guest asked The Queen today if she would like to go back to Hong Kong she said long journeys are not suitable for her
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/730083122310713344

Last edited:
We've also had the first Garden Party of the Summer.
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 3m3 minutes ago
The Queen told Canadian guests at her garden party that she sympathised with the victims of the recent wildfires
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/730071459419262976
... Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1m1 minute ago
When one garden party guest asked The Queen today if she would like to go back to Hong Kong she said long journeys are not suitable for her
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/730083122310713344
Have any of you been close enough to understand how this happens? Does the press lurk behind the where the Queen is speaking to people and then once the Queen moves on walk up to those people and ask what she said? I'm assuming that is how they get the reports this quickly?

I did not really care about the texting thing. Sadly, social media today brings each person's life as though they are now on a reality show that exists only in their minds. I thought it quite distasteful and vulgar for the Queen to lower herself to that "hip hop"esque level with Prince Harry. I expect it of the others on this side, but not them. Do not let the daylight in to a certain extent should apply. I applaud Prince Harry for what he is doing for the Veterans, he deserves all the support...but not like that with the use of text messages in such a low class brow manner. Sadly the other two forget, Royalty gives you friendliness, not friendship.

I did not really care about the texting thing. Sadly, social media today brings each person's life as though they are now on a reality show that exists only in their minds. I thought it quite distasteful and vulgar for the Queen to lower herself to that "hip hop"esque level with Prince Harry. I expect it of the others on this side, but not them. Do not let the daylight in to a certain extent should apply. I applaud Prince Harry for what he is doing for the Veterans, he deserves all the support...but not like that with the use of text messages in such a low class brow manner. Sadly the other two forget, Royalty gives you friendliness, not friendship.

I'm inclined to agree with you.
I didn't care for the whole "joshing" informality; and to be honest I don't think I even grasped what the two sides meant by their words or gestures. :ermm:
(I don't think I'm in the target audience ;) )

The Duchess of Cornwall hosted a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace today to mark the 150th anniversary of Barnardo’s.

Princess Alexandra and The Duchess of Gloucester were also present at the Garden Party.

The three Royal ladies color coordinated.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/sites/default/files/newsanddiaryimages/barnardos1.png

Lovely. What are the odds that the three royal ladies headed off to Clarence House for a G&T or two after the garden party?

It is nice to see Princess Alexandra and Brigitte, The Duchess of Gloucester, attending the engagement.

Prince Phillip goes carriage riding ahead of Queen's 90th birthday party | Daily Mail Online
Long to rein over us! Queen arrives at Royal Horse Show marking her 90th birthday after Prince Philip goes carriage riding and the littler Windsors hit the slides

The Queen has arrived at the Royal Windsor Horse Show ahead of a special gala celebration later this evening to mark her 90th birthday.

Her Majesty, looking resplendent in pale blue, was seen presenting prizes and handing over rosettes and trophies on the final day of the equestrian event.

It comes as a celebration will take place tonight, which will be broadcast live on TV, to honour the monarch's milestone birthday, which includes celebrities such as Ant and Dec, Helen Mirren, Kylie Minogue and Dame Shirley Bassey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom