Old 12-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Majesty

It looks like she is wearing the same dress she wore for this event in 2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xfCF2Z8J4J...Breception.jpg

Old 12-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's such a shame that the palace treats this event as if it should only be done under a dark cloud. We see so many pictures of palace receptions, but for this reception, we get nothing but arrival pics.
Ive read that this really is a party for the Ambassadors - everyone dresses up, the BRF say thank and then duck out early and then the Diplomats party!!!

That's probably why it is seen as low key, low publicity event.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Ive read that this really is a party for the Ambassadors - everyone dresses up, the BRF say thank and then duck out early and then the Diplomats party!!!

That's probably why it is seen as low key, low publicity event.
That may be, but it still would be nice for the royals to be photographed attending this event. I really don't get why pictures aren't taken. It's a beautiful event to capture, going by the inside look we got in the 90's documentary, 'Elizabeth R.'

Pictures:
No, judging by these pictures, Catherine still don't have the RFO as of yet. Perhaps for the Queen's 90th birthday or Catherine's 5th wedding anniversary.
No it was a Levi's guy

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Pictures:
No, judging by these pictures, Catherine still don't have the RFO as of yet. Perhaps for the Queen's 90th birthday or Catherine's 5th wedding anniversary.
No it was a Levi's guy
Hopefully, never. The media would tear her to shreds if she showed up wearing an ivory order with her husband running a Stop Ivory campaign.

They already snicker at Camilla for wearing the ivory order while she supports her late brother's charity Elephant Family.

The thing that people hate most is a hypocrite.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Royal Highness

miss whirley,
You are confusing your elephants.
The Asian elephant is not hunted for its ivory.
Mark Shand's charity is trying to created corridors for the Asian elephant to prevent human conflict.

Who snickered? Which hypocrite?

Wearing something created in the 1950s and given to you by your mother-in-law who is also your Queen at events that she requests that you attend is good manners.

Dman,
Catherine may have the order in her purse and puts it on or takes it off when outside of the palace.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
miss whirley,

You are confusing your elephants.
Who snickered?

Dman,
Catherine may have the order in her purse and put it on or takes it off when outside of the palace.
I did not confuse my elephants. His charity supports Asian elephants, if his charity had supported African elephants Camilla would get a lot more than a side-eye. She would have been torn to shreds just like Catherine will be over that order.

Quote:
miss whirley,

Wearing something created in the 1950s and given to you by your mother-in-law who is also your Queen at events that she requests that you attend is good manners.
Good manners would be for the Queen to provide porcelain orders to the younger members so they don't get savaged in the press. You don't invite a vegetarian to dinner and only serve meat, then get upset that they don't eat, "how dare they show bad manners!".
Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Annual Diplomatic Reception At Buckingham Palace-

Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla did not attend the reception this evening.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I thought so.. I didn't see her in the pictures but figured she could have arrived earlier or something. But then I saw that she wasnt in the CC (according to Cepe). I wonder why.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Richard Palmer said she attended...but I gave my last "or maybe".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Richard Palmer says many things - true and untrue.
Now we know for certain that Camilla didn't attend. Richard Palmer got caught in another lie. Water is wet...
Old 12-09-2015, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I thought so.. I didn't see her in the pictures but figured she could have arrived earlier or something. But then I saw that she wasnt in the CC (according to Cepe). I wonder why.
Same here. Wonder why? Hope she is feeling okay.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Same here. Wonder why? Hope she is feeling okay.

The Duchess of Cornwall had to pull out of last night's diplomatic reception due to neck and shoulder pains, aides say.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall had to pull out of last night's diplomatic reception due to neck and shoulder pains, aides say.
Ugh, she's really having problems with her back and neck area. Poor thing!
Old 12-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Posts concerning the tiara that the Duchess of Cambridge wore to this event have been moved to the following thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1846119
Old 12-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Ugh, she's really having problems with her back and neck area. Poor thing!

I hope this doesn't mean Osteoporosis is rearing it's ugly head. Sadly knowing it's in Camilla's Family like Breast Cancer is on my Mom's side of things... I really hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Wonder what goes on at the Sandringham house party?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I have moved all posts discussing Ken Wharfe's recent comments to the Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards thread.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the annual Christmas lunch at BP have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5-a-15608.html thread.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding Catherine's new patronage, RAF Air Cadets have been moved to The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages .

Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Review 2015: The royal year-
This year the Queen became Britain’s longest reigning monarch. Sarah Campbell looks back on the momentous occasion and another royal birth in Review 2015: The Royal Year.

Review 2015: The royal year - BBC News

Very nice segment on the British royal family. It mentions that the Cambridge's Indian Tour is in April.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, british royals, current events