British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Iluvbertie

It could also be that, since Charles and Camilla will be in Stratford-upon-Avon for a full day of engagements on Saturday, they're heading up to Highgrove on Friday and so weren't able to host a dinner for the First Couple.

Again, who knows? I will say that I hope that 'Shakespeare Live! from the RSC' is filmed and eventually broadcast.

Seems like it's Williams engagement as president of the Bafta, and Harry get's to tag along :) Can't blame him though :p

I would tag alone too, if such possibilty were to be offered to me:lol:.

This a a fun event too, so why not showing up to the galas as well as this kind of stuff?:cool::whistling:

Any pictures yet of the Star Wars engagement?

Any pictures yet of the Star Wars engagement?
And here's a video for you.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry learnt the ways of the force when they toured the studios where the latest instalments of the Star Wars movies are being brought to life. William and Harry were given a guided tour of Pinewood by actress Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey in The Force Awakens, the latest episode of the popular sci-fi series to be released.
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry learnt the ways of the force when they toured the studios where the latest instalments of the Star Wars movies are being brought to life. William and Harry were given a guided tour of Pinewood by actress Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey in The Force Awakens, the latest episode of the popular sci-fi series to be released.
Home - ITNSource News

many thanks

Video:
Home - ITNSource News
Thank you for the video link.

Seeing W&H hugging Chewbacca just makes me think how weird it was to make the Queen & Phillip visit Game of Thrones. All these other visits, it is clear the royals are fans of the show/film. But you know the Queen and DoE haven't seen one second of GoT.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Seeing W&H hugging Chewbacca just makes me think how weird it was to make the Queen & Phillip visit Game of Thrones. All these other visits, it is clear the royals are fans of the show/film. But you know the Queen and DoE haven't seen one second of GoT.

How do you know that? Maybe they are big fans but trained in hiding their emotions? But yeah, I get your point :)

Well, we don't know if they haven't seen GoT. They probably have come across it, but we haven't heard from them actually express a liking for it. ;)

huge event for Catherine as Hostess

Quite right. I wonder if the abandonformality, and have quite a relaxed "homestyle" meal.

I loved seeing our then 88 year old Queen at the Game of Thrones, and she was very interested in the throne. Watch from 35:40 to 45:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGuYV2uTOyQ
The cast speaks about her visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV9wu7Ato_c

William joyfully running to affectionately hug a tall blond hairy creature.:D

William caressing the 'head' of an actress.:eek:

William and Harry playing with sabers and guns.:ermm:

Harry climbing into an aircraft.:whistling:

Last week William and Catherine played and fed baby animals. :ohmy:

Yet George is 'too naughty' and 'too noisy' to take to India.

Just hoping one of George's classmate has a cellphone or a tablet and shows George what his father, mother and uncle are up to when he is not around.:lol:

I think George is 'naughty' because he is at the age where he can talk and talk and talk and tells everyone what he knows including about 'Mummy and Daddy.':lol::lol::lol:

William will surely not want a tattletale in his mist going to the media to report on his 'private time' so 'naughty' George stays home.

Last edited:
William will surely not want a tattletale in his mist going to the media to report on his 'private time' so 'naughty' George stays home.

It is actually rather amazing watching the crazed motivations you invent for strangers and the emotions you project on to them.

I used to find it disturbing, but now it's one of the most entertaining things to read here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I am so beyond green w/envy right now. Also disturbed and worried after watching their Lightsaber duel. I mean...Any other SW Fans notice which Lightsaber Harry was wielding? Just a bit troubling... ;)

Also, who knew Harry was fluent in Wookie? :D

Boy, Mark Hamill has not aged well at all, has he? Didn't know him at all at first.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It is actually rather amazing watching the crazed motivations you invent for strangers and the emotions you project on to them.

I used to find it disturbing, but now it's one of the most entertaining things to read here.

So true, just when you think it can't get more bizarre and nonsensical, it somehow does! :ROFLMAO:

I am so beyond green w/envy right now. Also disturbed and worried after watching their Lightsaber duel. I mean...Any other SW Fans notice which Lightsaber Harry was wielding? Just a bit troubling... ;)

Also, who knew Harry was fluent in Wookie? :D

Boy, Mark Hamill has not aged well at all, has he? Didn't know him at all at first.

I think Mark Hamill is still impacted by his tragic car accident in the 1970s. His face had to basically be rebuilt, and I think it's had an impact on how he's aged.

He's perfect for playing an aged Jedi master though :)

William joyfully running to affectionately hug a tall blond hairy creature.:D

William caressing the 'head' of an actress.:eek:

William and Harry playing with sabers and guns.:ermm:

Harry climbing into an aircraft.:whistling:

Last week William and Catherine played and fed baby animals. :ohmy:

Yet George is 'too naughty' and 'too noisy' to take to India.

Just hoping one of George's classmate has a cellphone or a tablet and shows George what his father, mother and uncle are up to when he is not around.:lol:

I think George is 'naughty' because he is at the age where he can talk and talk and talk and tells everyone what he knows including about 'Mummy and Daddy.':lol::lol::lol:

George isn't 3 yet doubt any of the children he might know have iPhones. Really we know he's a darling little boy but is only a very very young child

I suppose they've just not caught onto the big secret that I've revealed in another thread stating that Elvis is being channeled through Lupo and most likely can tell all the dirt as it really is from "the other side". :whistling:

I think Mark Hamill is still impacted by his tragic car accident in the 1970s. His face had to basically be rebuilt, and I think it's had an impact on how he's aged.

He's perfect for playing an aged Jedi master though :)

Good point. For some reason I always forget that happened to Mark. Bet he wishes for that too.

Some fascinating stuff shown yesterday. The reason why they made a head double for Daisy/Rey, I'd never thought of any of that before, but it makes sense in the context of the filming, story and genre. I wonder if any BAFTA Scholarship recipients are working there? Talk about a heck of a first job to have for your resume, huh?

I watched both the itn source videos of the Star Wars visit. I loved when they had the light sabers, William is attempting to ask Daisy Ridley questions about training to do the fights and Harry just wants William to shut up and play fight with him

What time is the dinner with at Kensington Palace this evening?

Last edited:

Thank you for the photos. I had to take a second look because I thought I saw Bo the First Family's dog, but it appears to be a stuffed animal.

Lovely pictures

I am so delighted that the Obamas are having dinner with our young family. I don't think the evening is about diplomacy or succession or winning votes its about being with individuals who share humanitarian interests, who have common aims and who are good company. I so want to be a fly on the wall and would be delighted if we knew something of what was going on, but that aside am sure it will be a lovely evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom