British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if there was no royal representation. Charles could go as he doesn't attend every day of Ascot, whereas the Queen and Philip generally do.

It also seems that Edward and Sophie will be there for the Queen's reception for their charities on 10th February.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h5 hours ago
The Wessex reception is, I'm told,a belated 50th b/day party for the Countess and a sign of how fond Queen is of her youngest son & his wife

That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.
Yes, they will attend that event. "Her Majesty, accompanied by The Earl and The Countess, will meet key supporters, staff, volunteers and alumnus from the charities of which The Earl and Countess are patron or president, as well as representatives from TRHs' various military appointments. "
According to Rebecca from Daily Mail: The Wessex reception is, I'm told,a belated 50th b/day party for the Countess and a sign of how fond Queen is of her youngest son & his wife.
It is not listed in their diary, but in the Queen's, most likely because it is something for them. Though it may appear in their diaries later on.

A very nice picture of the Queen with her youngest son and daughter-in-law.

A very nice picture of the Queen with her youngest son and daughter-in-law.

Much mention has been made in the Forums of Sophie looking young for her age – but really, so does Edward. A lovely pic and thanks to Annaelfka for finding it. And lovely that Andrew put it on his FB page. And the comments underneath are extremely positive.

Also, nice to see P Andrew at the reception too.

Last edited:
It is such a lovely photo as we rarely see the Windsors in private - it's nice that it wasn't an "official" photo and one taken by a family member.

Andrew posted a very short instagram video of the evening as well. Video. It's nice that Andrew was there. The British Monarchy twitter also posted a video of Edward and Sophie's speeches Speech.

Last edited:
Well it seems Andrew's response to the Epstein controversy is to reach out to the world via social media and publish family snaps, though I cannot begin to guess at his reasoning.

Well it seems Andrew's response to the Epstein controversy is to reach out to the world via social media and publish family snaps, though I cannot begin to guess at his reasoning.

I think it's pretty plain ..I'm going to carry on as normal and show I'm part of the family and I'm good brother and son. Not sure everyone will buy it
Me personally .. I feel this a lovely thing the Queen did for Sophie and Edward and Andrew gate crashed it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I doubt that Andrew gate-crashed at all. His mother and brother were there after all and the family don't go to events with their mother unless invited. I like the fact that Andrew posted a photo of his younger brother and mother - just like normal people do - he shared a family moment and why shouldn't he do so.

Photography is another hobby that Andrew is well known for and since many of his pictures have been published [what comes to mind is the pic of Sarah and a baby Beatrice sitting on a bed and a picture of the Queen for one of her birthday's] ....I don't think its a big deal that he took a pics of HIS mother, brother and sister in law before an event.

As for the thought that he gate crashed ? Considering that in another thread we discussed Andrew and Edward running down the halls of BP when they were younger, and how he basically grew up there...I would hardly consider him an unwelcome visitor.

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

I doubt that Andrew gate-crashed at all. His mother and brother were there after all and the family don't go to events with their mother unless invited. I like the fact that Andrew posted a photo of his younger brother and mother - just like normal people do - he shared a family moment and why shouldn't he do so.

Goodness I didn't mean he gate crashed by going when not invited LOL I meant press paying attention to Andrew and not Sophie IMO

I must remember to explain more it seems. I often hear and use the term gate crashed to describe someone taking the attention away from another

Last edited:
ITN Source video

I was taken aback that Sophie Ellis Bextor greeted Edward with just "Hello Edward"...are they friends?

Goodness I didn't mean he gate crashed by going when not invited LOL I meant press paying attention to Andrew and not Sophie IMO

I must remember to explain more it seems. I often hear and use the term gate crashed to describe someone taking the attention away from another

The most common definition for gate crashing is attending an event without an invite. I never seen it used as sort of a stealing the spotlight phrase. But words has different meanings around the world.

Maybe Andrew could have posted the picture after the event. The event wouldn't have gotten much coverage anyways from the press.

Oh dear lord, he shared a pic. And great that he did. It's nice that they are supportive of each other, and that he attended the event as well. After all they are a family in first place. I bet if that would be Kate with George snapped by William, people would be floored.

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen gave a reception to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of The Earl and Countess of Wessex at Buckingham Palace. The Queen, accompanied by The Earl and The Countess, met key supporters, staff, volunteers and alumnus from the charities of which The Earl and Countess are Patron or President, as well as representatives from TRHs' various military appointments. .

Home - ITNSource News

It is wonderful that the Duke of York captured a tête-à-tête en cercle famille. You can see the Queen having a softer, less stern look: she was looking to her own boy. Also nice to have a peek into the private part of the residence.

Last edited:
It's a wonderful photo, and it's nice to see that Andrew is still involved with photography. :flowers:

The 'behind the scenes photo' of the Queen with the Earl and Countess was lovely to see,I was trying to figure out which room it was photographed in!

Did Prince Andrew learn any photography techniques from his uncle, Antony Armstrong-Jones? Lord Snowdon had photography as a career. :photo:

Maybe Andrew is brushing up on his photography skills in case he needs to find new source of income when the Epstein story is fully agitated. Perhaps HM is going to pay him to take photos of Royal events, to get him started. :whistling:

Andrew has always been a keen amateur photographer. He might have learnt some skills from Snowden or the other famous photographer in the family, Lord Lichfield.

In 2002 The Queen chose 50 photos of her to put on display at Windsor Castle as part of the Golden Jubilee and a few of them were done by Andrew. They seemed as good as any others that were there in my humble opinion.

Don't forget The Queen is also an amateur photographer. Although, we haven't seen a camera in her hand in many years.

The 'behind the scenes photo' of the Queen with the Earl and Countess was lovely to see,I was trying to figure out which room it was photographed in!

The photo was taken in the Queen's private apartments at Buckingham Palace.

My apologies if this isn't the right thread for this.

Harry hits the slopes! Prince dons helmet and goggles as he joins cousins Beatrice and Eugenie on luxury Alpine ski break | Daily Mail Online
Prince Andrew has a home there, the Danish royals visit each year and now Prince Harry has joined the well-heeled crowds in Verbier.

The 30-year-old was pictured skiing in the Swiss resort with a group including cousins Princess Eugenie, in a blue jacket with black helmet, and Beatrice, 26, in a white jacket and grey helmet.

Eugenie, 24, wrapped up in a bright blue ski jacket and salopettes while Harry, 30, looked sporty in a black ski jacket and beige trousers.

Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?

Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?

It's a joke she doesn't want to work and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom