British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, William, can you wear that at least once a week? Sorry Kate.:lol:
BTW, YRH, you look like you have been sucking lemons.

Was that really called for? We all know William is uncomfortable at events like this and he's still pretty new to doing the Order services compared to the other Senior Royals. Give him some time. He's also far more at ease when Kate is there w/him for the more formal events and she wasn't there, so no surprise he looked tense today.

On a more positive note, that picture of him and Anne in the car is lovely. Also, could the DoE please share his secret for how he has the stamina and energy he's got!?! He truly is one of a kind and God Bless him!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

When did Anne get the Thistle and is there any reason why Andrew and Edward have never been given it? Is it likely they will be given it?

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 8h
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, on behalf of The Queen, will launch The Queen's Young Leaders Programme on 9th July 2014.

When did Anne get the Thistle and is there any reason why Andrew and Edward have never been given it? Is it likely they will be given it?

Anne has always been the royal most associated with Scotland e.g. she is the Patron of the Scottish Rugby and regularly attends their games and cheers for Scotland. She sent both her children to school in Scotland and is the royal still most involved with Gordonstoun School.

Will Andrew and Edward ever get it? Up to The Queen and as she made them wait into their 40s for the Garter it is possible that they will never get the Thistle. Then again she might give it to them next year - we don't know. As younger sons they will always get fewer honours etc than the heir - and Harry will be the same - get less than William simply because he is the younger of the two brothers.

I like that "I Was Glad" was played when The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh entered St Giles' Cathedral. It's such a grand song.

Anne has always been the royal most associated with Scotland e.g. she is the Patron of the Scottish Rugby and regularly attends their games and cheers for Scotland. She sent both her children to school in Scotland and is the royal still most involved with Gordonstoun School. Will Andrew and Edward ever get it? Up to The Queen and as she made them wait into their 40s for the Garter it is possible that they will never get the Thistle. Then again she might give it to them next year - we don't know. As younger sons they will always get fewer honours etc than the heir - and Harry will be the same - get less than William simply because he is the younger of the two brothers.

Does Charles have the order of the thistle?

Does Charles have the order of the thistle?

Yes. He was given it in 1977. Remember that his title in Scotland is HRH The Prince Charles, The Duke of Rothesay. Interestingly, unlike the Garter, it isn't automatic for the heir apparent.

Yes. He was given it in 1977. Remember that his title in Scotland is HRH The Prince Charles, The Duke of Rothesay. Interestingly, unlike the Garter, it isn't automatic for the heir apparent.

Thanks. Forgot for a moment of course...under Rothesay. It just seems odd Charles doesn't seem to attend this service regularly.

He normally does his tour to Wales the same week that The Queen does her Holyrood Week and thus he is in Wales rather than in Scotland. I am sure that if she wanted him in Scotland then it would be possible to rearrange their schedules to allow for both Charles' Wales Week and The Queen's Scottish Week to occur in different weeks.

I'm confused there's a posting about the Queen visiting Dumfries house in Scotland and then the next day there's reports that Charles and Camilla are still in Wales. Was the posting about Scotland old

I'm confused there's a posting about the Queen visiting Dumfries house in Scotland and then the next day there's reports that Charles and Camilla are still in Wales. Was the posting about Scotland old

Charles and Camilla went up to Scotland just for the Dumfries House event and then went back to Wales. It did happen this week

The schedules sometimes clash.

Jast Eurosport showed William, Kate and Harry. Nice day for TDF start!

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 34m
William, Kate & Harry will pay a visit to West Tanfield in just under an hour next - a village on the Stage One route hosting a fanzone.

Pictures:
Prince Harry ,Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge start the first stage of the 2014 Tour de France, a 190km stage between Leeds and Harrogate at harewood house in Harrogate, England-
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/07/the-duchess-of-cambridge-opens-tour-de.html

Last edited:
Charles and Camilla went up to Scotland just for the Dumfries House event and then went back to Wales. It did happen this week

Thanks. I didn't know travel between the two could be so quick

More than one million cycling fans are lining the streets of Yorkshire for the historic opening stage of the Tour de France, which has been officially started by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
For just the second time in history, the race started in Britain with the 198 riders lining up in the centre of Leeds for the Grand Depart.
The city was packed with spectators for the opening stage, which sees the cyclists embark on a 120 mile route through the Yorkshire Dales to the spa town of Harrogate.

More than 1million people line Yorkshire streets to watch Tour de France | Mail Online

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended the Tour de France Grand Depart this morning. After speaking to riders, Kate cut the ribbon for the Ceremonial Start. They then went on the tour the village of West Tanfield, before arriving at Harrogate for the finish of the Stage One-
Home - ITNSource News

It's true. Bouchard and her twin were named Eugenie and Beatrice for Prince Andrew's daughters.

It's true. Bouchard and her twin were named Eugenie and Beatrice for Prince Andrew's daughters.

I believe their brother is named after William. They have another sister but I don't know her name.

The other sister is named after Charlotte Casiraghi.

British Royals @britishroyals · 16m
Tonight Prince Charles, William & Harry will attend the @BITC1 Responsible Business Awards at Royal Albert Hall #BITCgala

Very interesting to see both William and Harry starting to get involved with Business in the Community, one of Charles's charities (and a very good one too). Maybe they're going to see which of the two might feel a bit of an affinity with it in order to take it on when their father ascends the throne.

Very interesting to see both William and Harry starting to get involved with Business in the Community, one of Charles's charities (and a very good one too). Maybe they're going to see which of the two might feel a bit of an affinity with it in order to take it on when their father ascends the throne.

It possibly could be a joint venture also. I think these 2 brothers will be a lifetime partnership in a whole lot of different areas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom