The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just to say that there is a thread for the August 4 Commemorations - Royal highlights/royal international events.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Seems to me attending a service at Crathie Kirk is a bit inadequate... i know HMQ is on holiday, but surely it would be more fitting if [on the anniversary of this momentous day] our Head of State, and her husband attended the national commemoration at Westminster Abbey ?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
WW1 Centenary Commemorations:

Below please find details of The Queen and Members of the Royal Family's attendance at events to mark the centenary of the First World War on 4 August:

HRH The Earl of Wessex, accompanied by HRH The Countess of Wessex, will attend a service of commemoration at Guildford Cathedral.
I live in Surrey...I may have to venture to the Cathedral on the 4th August...
Old 04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nothing for Andrew it seems - strange given that with his father and nephew he is the only one to have actually served during a war but so be it.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Nothing for Andrew it seems - strange given that with his father and nephew he is the only one to have actually served during a war but so be it.
Not strange at all when you consider that the other missing factor is Northern Ireland.

I don't know that is the answer but I think it's a fair assumption
Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes - I had started to think about why nothing for Andrew and then realised that there was nothing for NI either.

They normally don't announce any visit to NI until a few days before hand - due to the extra security needed there - so hopefully that is what is happening - and that Andrew will be in Belfast or somewhere like that for the commemorations there.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Yes - I had started to think about why nothing for Andrew and then realised that there was nothing for NI either.

They normally don't announce any visit to NI until a few days before hand - due to the extra security needed there - so hopefully that is what is happening - and that Andrew will be in Belfast or somewhere like that for the commemorations there.
Well of course you did.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Every working member of the BRF is attending a service on 4th August. Except the Duke of York who will be attending an event which will be announced at a later date (source @royalreporter)
The event that Andrew will attend will be announced later.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
Well of course you did.

Could you please explain this comment as I don't understand it?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@BBCPeterHunt: Prince Harry (single) and Prince William are Memphis bound for the wedding this weekend of their close friend Guy Pelly.

No mention of Catherine.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Seems to me attending a service at Crathie Kirk is a bit inadequate... i know HMQ is on holiday, but surely it would be more fitting if [on the anniversary of this momentous day] our Head of State, and her husband attended the national commemoration at Westminster Abbey ?
The Royal Family, as representatives of the Crown, are attending various services across the UK. I just don't think it is fair to criticise the 88 year old monarch for not travelling far on this occasion.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

So not THAT heartbroken over Cressie then, Harry! Prince heads out for barbecue food in Memphis with William one day after partying at exclusive Miami club as the brothers arrive for high-society wedding | Mail Online

You wouldn't think they were attending a private wedding, appaling news coverage.

Princess Eugenie is with them.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

I haven't seen any news of the royals here but It's nice to see them in the south and enjoying some good BBQ. I was hoping that they would go out and get some food that's good for the soul.

Princess Beatrice of York partied on Beale Street Thursday night in downtown #Memphis #princessbeatrice #BealeStreet pic.twitter.com/04TsIsnwHl
Nice to seem them having some fun in Memphis.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

Apparently Prince Philip is in Memphis too

@ABCRoyals: Prince Harry and Prince Phillip Party in Memphis http://t.co/y8KzJwVGoH
Old 05-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Apparently Prince Philip is in Memphis too

@ABCRoyals: Prince Harry and Prince Phillip Party in Memphis http://t.co/y8KzJwVGoH

Wow, that's some party. It's good that at 90 Prince Philip can still keep pace with those youngsters. lol.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yes, we have appalling manners, a rabid press and very different laws.
BTW CBS morning news also had a short bit about the visit. The US was very pro Di and we tend to like her boys a lot as well. The crowds seem to be happy to get a peep at Harry and William, though, the squealing on the street is a bit irritating.
CBS interviewed the lady who made the invitations for the BBQ last night. They really were the worst of American kitsch - a huge pink hog in a checkered hat and apron. I expect more of the same and lots about how "normal" the princes are.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royals don't seem bothered by the press following them while they attend this wedding.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, Memphis. Currently there is an armed standoff in a suburb of the city. In addition to the Prices and the Pelly nuptials, there is a trucking convention this weekend.
Some links:
CBS affiliate: WREG.com
FOX affiliate: myFOXMemphis.com | WHBQ | FOX13 | Memphis - Mid-South News, Weather, Traffic and Sports | FOX13,
NBC affiliate (with article Advice to Memphians: 'Do not approach princes, do not take pictures') and live social wall: Royals In Memphis - Social Wall - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee . Main page: Breaking News, Weather, Traffic and Sports - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee The social wall page is excellent for instagram, FB, man on the street photos.
Local newspaper: The Clarion-Ledger
Old 05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I think "Prince Phillp" should have been "Prince William". In all the excitement, someone boo-boo'd.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more pictures, (I also saw William being called Charles in one of the articles lol)

looks like William found a new shirt lol
https://24.media.tumblr.com/d77fc6ef...t61do4_400.png
http://37.media.tumblr.com/a8455f3de...2107o1_500.jpg

Beatriz with boyfriend Dave and Eugene
http://31.media.tumblr.com/2d321daed...2107o2_500.jpg
http://37.media.tumblr.com/b2f0ffb92...2107o1_500.jpg

Closed Thread