The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I actually saw some really nice photos of Sophie, Edward and Andrew on one of the DM articles.
I agree - some lovely photos of those three on steps of St Paul's. Trio + another photo. Did Andrew arrive with Edward and Sophie? I always feel a bit sorry for Andrew as he is alone. I was glad to see he walked out of St Paul's with Harry, although that was probably prearranged.

I must say everyone looked lovely today and I loved what Kate and Sophie wore. I need Sophie's dress in my wardrobe now.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen lead tributes to those who lost their lives in Afghan war | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
By my eye Charles is wearing the uniform of Field Marshall of the British Army
Medals, braid, sashes: what exactly are the military uniforms worn by the Royal family? - Telegraph
Old 03-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Majesty

The British royal family attended the service in St Paul Cathedral| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2829339.html

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the British royals attending the service in St Paul Cathedral.

The event seems to be a saccharine PR for yet another disastrous British campaign in Afghanistan.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Majesty

There was a similar service after the war in the Falklands.

From these pictures, it appears that there's much more than four years' difference in the brothers' ages. I too find the Duke of York to be a rather sad figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I agree - some lovely photos of those three on steps of St Paul's. Trio + another photo. Did Andrew arrive with Edward and Sophie? I always feel a bit sorry for Andrew as he is alone.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The British royal family attended the service in St Paul Cathedral| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the British royals attending the service in St Paul Cathedral.

The event seems to be a saccharine PR for yet another disastrous British campaign in Afghanistan.

Can't you show some respect? Regardless of personal feelings towards the people in charge of sending the Troops there and/or the Politics behind it or the War itself, you can still support the Men and Women of the Armed Forces who were sent over there and show respect for those who paid w/their lives. That is what this event was about. The Men and Women who, IMHO, more than earned a Service of Remembrance on such a grand scale.

This was no PR stunt and I also never thought I'd ever see a Service of Remembrance described as "saccharine". This was neither and was a very respectful and solemn ceremony both to honour those who fought in Afghanistan and made it home and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

That anyone would post about any Service of Remembrance the way you have...I do not understand and find disgusting as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

The British have had commemoration services for the men who died in the wars throughout the 20th century and now the 21st - not just for the Afghanistan War but all wars from the Boer War onwards with regular services for WWI and WWII still happening at regular milestones.

They also had one for the thirtieth anniversary of the Falklands War in 2012 where the families of those who died were front and centre.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 3m 3 minutes ago
Royal training: the Duke of Cambridge accompanied the Queen today at her audiences with two ambassadors at Buckingham Palace.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Interesting. Nice to know the training's going on all the time without any hoopla.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Here are some pics of the mentioned audiences attended by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Cambridge today, March 18:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Later today Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Michael of Kent was present as well.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 03-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are some pics of the mentioned audiences attended by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Cambridge today, March 18:

Later today Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Michael of Kent was present as well.

** gettyimages gallery **
Great photos. I like that William didn't draw attention to himself. Though he does look like the King. Regal yet approachable.
@ Ice- Was Robert Hardy at the Winston Churchill event?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen hosted a reception for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace - March 18, 2015.

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Reception - Zimbio

Queen meets sports stars to celebrate 50 years of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust - Telegraph

The Queen meets gold medal winners to celebrate 50 years of Winston Churchill Memorial Trust | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Which other RF members attended?
Old 03-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Michael.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen has hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace this evening, to mark the 50th anniversary of The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust. Set up in 1965 as a living legacy to the UK’s most famous wartime Prime Minister, the Trust – of which Her Majesty is patron – has awarded over 5,000 fellowships to British citizens, helping them to travel abroad and study areas of topical and personal interest-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Duke of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (source CC)

William's attendance to the Audiences was unofficial - not in CC

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Queen & Prince Philip will be present at a Service of the Royal Victorian Order at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on 28 April.

Afterwards Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh will hold a reception for those attending the Service.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will also attend the Royal Victorian Order Service and Reception at St George's Chapel.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

LIVE: The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in Kent to open The Wing in Capel le Ferne and visit Canterbury Cathedral

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 mins5 minutes ago
William, Harry and Kate are in Bath at the Bath Abbey today. They are reportedly attending Richard Meade's memorial service.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Administrator

The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Michael of Kent in Kent today:

** bbc: Battle of Britain pilots meet Queen at Capel-le-Ferne **

** dailymail: The Queen of colour blocking! Royal wears bold blue...**
Old 03-26-2015, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 56m 56 minutes ago
Confirmed: Prince William, Kate & Harry attended the memorial service of Richard Meade at @bathabbey today (HT @WWKD_Official, @thetenoruk)

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread