The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

By my eye Charles is wearing the uniform of Field Marshall of the British Army

Old 03-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I love these- best photos of the day- especially 4 and 6 -William with the kids.
And William being William and doing what he does best- listening with his heart. Some of those kids probably lost parents. William knows about that.
Nice that on a busy day he was there, and didn't rush. But then it's William so not surprising.
My father is a retired veteran, so I understand a little about sacrifice. And it hits close to home. But still seeing people without limbs makes it even more so, and there is something about seeing faces with names in the newspaper. God bless them, and thank you.
Loved seeing the Queen get a bouquet from the 2 little girls. Granny moment.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Majesty

It is disappointing that there are such few pictures of Charles and Camilla today.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is disappointing that there are such few pictures of Charles and Camilla today.
Prince Charles Photos - A Service of Commemoration for Troops in Afghanistan — Part 2 - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Zimbio
Old 03-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Queen does have a history of knee problems so maybe it's more a leg problem than a unsteadiness like Earl Spencer had for the Royal Wedding. There are quite a lot of steps at St Paul's compared to Westminster Abbey where there is just a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think she leaned on Philip's hand at least once before when leaving St. Paul, years ago. I can't remember the event. Maybe the Golden Jubilee.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles looked very Kingly today. He wear suits very well, but when he's in his uniforms, I see King Charles.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Charles looked very Kingly today. He wear suits very well, but when he's in his uniforms, I see King Charles.
You're right. The parade was like a vision of the next reign.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice Pictures:
Remembering Afghanistan heroes-

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive to attend the Service of Commemoration ń Afghanistan, at St Paul's Cathedral | Royal family at St Paul's service marks end of combat in Afghanistan | Galleries | Pics | Daily Exp

I agree, Nico. I saw that vision. The visions comes every now and then.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Old 03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Lovely pictures, many thanks for posting.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Charles and Camilla don't sell - and that is all that it is about - The Queen being the Queen and old and frail sells because she is The Queen while William and Kate sell because they are the younger ones but Charles and Camilla don't sell so fewer pictures.

Even when Charles is King the photos will still focus on William and Kate.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Charles and Camilla don't sell - and that is all that it is about - The Queen being the Queen and old and frail sells because she is The Queen while William and Kate sell because they are the younger ones but Charles and Camilla don't sell so fewer pictures.

Even when Charles is King the photos will still focus on William and Kate.
Firstly the Queen is not frail and secondly there were many pictures of Charles and Camilla.

You are right that pictures of Charles and Camilla don't sell as much as pictures of William and Kate, but I don't think Charles cares about that.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

First off, thanks to all for the links, videos and pictures. Very much appreciated!!

Second, as bittersweet as it is to see HM needing a helping hand down those stairs, at the same time it is also a sweet picture of a husband knowing his wife needs a little help and doing just that. Thought both The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh looked really good today.

Oh and am I the only one who when hearing that fanfare before God Save The Queen instantly straightens up because of what's about to be played? I was watching the Diamond Jubilee Service w/my Sister and Brother in law when it got to that portion of the Service. I had been curled up on my side on the couch, but when the first notes of it was played, I right away shot up into a ram rod straight sitting position. Poor Carmen asked me what was going on, but by that time, God Save The Queen had started.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. :)

That Roll Call w/The Daily Mail article...God Bless Them and their Families and Friends. I said it before, numbers of those killed in Afghanistan are just that : Numbers. That Photo Role Call though, that makes it real and...:(

May they all Rest in Peace. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Courtier

If I didn't know better when I saw the Daily Mail headlines. I thought William and Kate where King and Queen.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen is clearly frail - as are most 88 year olds. She walks very slowly, needs help down stairs, is bent over badly - all signs of her being frail and slowing down - as she should be doing at her age. Frail does not equal ill.

The DM knows that William and Kate sell and will get more clicks so leads with them as that will generate income whereas the rest of the royals don't sell in anywhere near the same numbers and so less revenue and that is all that the media care about - money.

Charles and Camilla don't sell so a few photos of them but lots of Kate and some of William as they are the pin-ups of the royal family these days.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen is clearly frail - as are most 88 year olds. She walks very slowly, needs help down stairs, is bent over badly - all signs of her being frail and slowing down - as she should be doing at her age. Frail does not equal ill.
I disagree with you as usual. The Queen have knee problems, but she is not frail and she does not walks very slowly. She is bent over, but not badly.

This video is from June 2014 and that's how she walks today. This is not a frail 88 year old.

Watch from 3:00.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Courtier

At least there were some photos of Charles & Camilla. Poor Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Anne & Tim don't even get a mention never mind a photo except where they can't be cropped out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-13-2015, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I actually saw some really nice photos of Sophie, Edward and Andrew on one of the DM articles.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I disagree with you as usual. The Queen have knee problems, but she is not frail and she does not walks very slowly. She is bent over, but not badly.
I'm a person with knee problems and stairs are not my friend. I either need an arm to hold onto or a guard rail when confronted with steps. With the Queen, I think its bothersome knees that give her problems but the rest of her still goes at full steam. Amazing woman for her age.

Last year we saw Charles stand in for the Queen during part of the ceremony for the Order of the Bath as it was decided that the up and down the steps part would be uncomfortable for HM.

Queen pulls out of part of her duties at historic Westminster Abbey ceremony | Royal | News | Daily Express
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Plus with the Bath service, she would had to do the stairs in full regalia with a robe. No wonder she skipped it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread