British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to check, are your able to advise where can i view the calendar of the royals for upcoming events? I am just wondering is there anyone representing the royal family at Singapore former PM Mr Lee Kuan Yew's state funeral happening this Sun (29 Mar, Singapore time).

http://www.royal.gov.uk/

Scroll down to the Future Engagements section.

The Wales branch of the family are rarely listed.

Usually it is the local High Commissioner who represents at these funerals these days.

The FE has no engagements for any member of the royal family. As Christians however it is also doubtful that they would attend a funeral on a Sunday but even less so when it is Palm Sunday - the start of Holy Week. They may attend a memorial service later this year in London if one is held. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are going to the races on the 29th.

In the last few months, including today, we have had two state funerals for former Australian PMs and no representative from the BRF and we are a realm so these were two of HM's PMs.

The last PM, of Australia, I can remember which had a royal representative was Sir Robert Menzies back in the 70s when Charles attended. Someone may have attended one of the others but not Whitlam's or Fraser's (Whitlam died last October and Fraser last week).

They just don't do that any more.

The countries of the Commonwealth don't expect it or invite them and they can't just turn up.

Remember last year they didn't even send a representative to Queen Fabiola's funeral and she was distant family as well.

In the last few months, including today, we have had two state funerals for former Australian PMs and no representative from the BRF and we are a realm so these were two of HM's PMs.

The last PM, of Australia, I can remember which had a royal representative was Sir Robert Menzies back in the 70s when Charles attended. Someone may have attended one of the others but not Whitlam's or Fraser's (Whitlam died last October and Fraser last week).

They just don't do that any more.

The countries of the Commonwealth don't expect it or invite them and they can't just turn up.

Remember last year they didn't even send a representative to Queen Fabiola's funeral and she was distant family as well.

I presume the GG represented the BRF at the funerals in Australia.

Isn't the GG of the realm country there to represent that country's head of state- the Queen? Not the UK which could be represented by the High Commissioner to Australia or the Foreign Sect.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The GG would have been there as the representative of the Head of State and only in that role.

If the British government wanted to be represented they would either send someone out or more simply send the HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom