The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Harry is very close to both his father and brother, and to Kate.
If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his. The media got so desperate for a connection that they fabricated a story that she planned his 30th, only for that story to fall flat on it's face.

He also rarely attends William's birthdays - maybe once every five years.

Yet he never misses Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie's birthdays! (Unless he's out of country for the army.)

He spends way more time with the Yorks than with Charles - at least in public. I doubt that there is much going on in private as Charles comes off as a somber workaholic and Harry's all about being merry.

He's definitely closer to the Yorks than his other cousins. I remember in June 2012 when Eugenie did her 100 km charity bike race, Harry moaned on her donation page that he wished he could be there to cheer her on but he was stuck at a family obligation (that obligation was Emily McCorquodale's wedding). lol

I think Harry is extremely close to the Yorks. I think he has a so-so relationship with Charles, and the Cambridges. And I think he is distant with the Spencer side. Just my opinion of course.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Is that a problem? That's actually a very good thing to have when you're royal. Why should she care?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is that a problem? That's actually a very good thing to have when you're royal. Why should she care?

Not a problem but I would have thought the Queen would care about her people and how she is viewed IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness

Andrew is Harry's godfather and it seems he gets on well with the whole York family. They did always see alot of each other growing up as Diana and Sarah were close (most of the time). And I guess as those cousins closest in age to Harry and yet still unmarried and without children its inevitable in a way Harry will get closer to them while a bit more distance grows between Harry and William and Harry and Zara and Peter as the older cousins start families.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Not a problem but I would have thought the Queen would care about her people and how she is viewed IMO

What's people's view of The Queen got to do with how Beatrice is viewed?

DailyMail does not speak the voice of an entire nation.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What's people's view of The Queen got to do with how Beatrice is viewed?

DailyMail does not speak the voice of an entire nation.

If I got a dollar for every time the daily mail is mention here I wouldn't be going to work on Monday.
So it's pretty important to some people

Old 02-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

She has cared about her people for over 63 years, but it wasn't the Queen she meant. Lumutqueen answered a post you wrote about Beatrix.

Iluvbertie wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?
You replied.

Quote:
It's a joke she doesn't want to work and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Lumutqueen replied.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his. The media got so desperate for a connection that they fabricated a story that she planned his 30th, only for that story to fall flat on it's face.

Yet he never misses Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie's birthdays! (Unless he's out of country for the army.)

He spends way more time with the Yorks than with Charles - at least in public. I doubt that there is much going on in private as Charles comes off as a somber workaholic and Harry's all about being merry.

He's definitely closer to the Yorks than his other cousins. I remember in June 2012 when Eugenie did her 100 km charity bike race, Harry moaned on her donation page that he wished he could be there to cheer her on but he was stuck at a family obligation (that obligation was Emily McCorquodale's wedding). lol

I think Harry is extremely close to the Yorks. I think he has a so-so relationship with Charles, and the Cambridges. And I think he is distant with the Spencer side. Just my opinion of course.
This annoys me. Just because we don't have pictures...... Harry lives on the grounds on KP. He can see William and Kate and George easily without photos. We know William and Kate like to celebrate with private dinners now, who are we to say that Harry isn't there or that he didn't have lunch with them some days before. He himself has talked about George at bath time. If he had only been there rarely for a curtsy visit I doubt he would have been present at bath time. As to Charles, we didn't know that William and George shows up at sundays before we were told. Just as people didn't know Diana made secret charity visits before she died. We don't know things before we are told or have pictures. I think it is not enough evidence afforded to us to say they are not close. But as others say, ofc they don't hang out the same anymore. William is in the domestic home life daddy life now while Harry is still the single party boy. Doesn't have to be more than that....
Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm relieved that Cressida was nowhere to be seen, especially she was not arounf Harry!.

I rembember that William and Harry used to go skiing with the york sisters when they were younger but now William has a family, plus he has just returned from a 2 week vacation in the carribean. I don't get the fuss about Harry not wanting to spend time with W&K. As far as I can see from the public outings he seems to get along with Kate too! They usually joke and smile at each others!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry is very close to his father, brother and sister-in-law. Harry lives in Kensington Palace, so he see the Cambridge's all of the time. The royals run on different schedules and they meet up at different times, most of that time in behind closed doors and we don't get to see it. That's their private family time.

Also, William has his own family now. It's very natural for things to change now that he's married, have a son and another baby on the way. This same change has happened to Peter and Zara. We don't see Peter much because the man is at home with his wife and two daughters.

It's not about, their not close anymore, but they are busy with their own lives.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
If you say so. I think it's weird Harry has never attended any of Catherine's birthdays nor has she attended any of his.

How would we know? None of these birthdays are public events. Ever so often some utter twaddle gets reported in the tabloids, but that is it.

Quote:

That's quite a conclusion. Are there any sources that helped you get to the conclusion?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
This annoys me. Just because we don't have pictures...... Harry lives on the grounds on KP. He can see William and Kate and George easily without photos. We know William and Kate like to celebrate with private dinners now, who are we to say that Harry isn't there or that he didn't have lunch with them some days before. He himself has talked about George at bath time. If he had only been there rarely for a curtsy visit I doubt he would have been present at bath time. As to Charles, we didn't know that William and George shows up at sundays before we were told. Just as people didn't know Diana made secret charity visits before she died. We don't know things before we are told or have pictures. I think it is not enough evidence afforded to us to say they are not close. But as others say, ofc they don't hang out the same anymore. William is in the domestic home life daddy life now while Harry is still the single party boy. Doesn't have to be more than that....
If pictorial evidence mean nothing to you - Do you then believe Harry is just as close to his maternal cousins as he is to the Yorks? Do you believe he is just as close to Anne and Edward as he is to Andrew?

More importantly why did Harry say he was looking forward to getting to know Catherine during his brother's engagement? I can't imagine Eugenie implying she doesn't know Dave Clark, her sister's boyfriend of 9 years. Then again Harry and Catherine never bothered to attend each other's birthday parties during the courtship years (2002-2010) and after, so maybe he was being honest when he implied she was unfamiliar to him.

You don't think it's strange that he always went to Isabella Branson and Sam Branson's birthday parties while he was dating Cressida, yet he never went to Catherine's and rarely went to William's, even back in the day when they celebrated at nightclubs and restaurants? To me it says a lot. I don't think they were ever that close. It has nothing to do with George or the new baby driving them apart.

I see three separate units: 1. Harry and the Yorks 2. William and the Middletons 3. Charles and Camilla's family

They all seem happy in their own orbits. I don't know why their fans try to paint the Wales family as the modern day Leave it to Beaver. Having a so-so relationship with your immediate family doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you don't love them, it just means you would rather spend your time with other people. Let them holiday with their favorite people in peace.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

When did William, Harry or Kate ever have a semi public birthday party to attend? They stopped doing the big parties at Windsor a while ago. We have never seen William out on his birthday and only have seen photos of W&K plus her family at Cirque de Soilel that one year.

Harry moved to KP from Clarence House, shares a staff with the Cambridges, shares a Royal Foundation and has done several engagements with his brother & sister in law. All of this, he didn't have to do. He could have stayed at CH and let his father's office handle his engagements.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If pictorial evidence mean nothing to you - Do you then believe Harry is just as close to his maternal cousins as he is to the Yorks? Do you believe he is just as close to Anne and Edward as he is to Andrew?

More importantly why did Harry say he was looking forward to getting to know Catherine during his brother's engagement? I can't imagine Eugenie implying she doesn't know Dave Clark, her sister's boyfriend of 9 years. Then again Harry and Catherine never bothered to attend each other's birthday parties during the courtship years (2002-2010) and after, so maybe he was being honest when he implied she was unfamiliar to him.

You don't think it's strange that he always went to Isabella Branson and Sam Branson's birthday parties while he was dating Cressida, yet he never went to Catherine's and rarely went to William's, even back in the day when they celebrated at nightclubs and restaurants? To me it says a lot. I don't think they were ever that close. It has nothing to do with George or the new baby driving them apart.

I see three separate units: 1. Harry and the Yorks 2. William and the Middletons 3. Charles and Camilla's family

They all seem happy in their own orbits. I don't know why their fans try to paint the Wales family as the modern day Leave it to Beaver. Having a so-so relationship with your immediate family doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't mean you don't love them, it just means you would rather spend your time with other people. Let them holiday with their favorite people in peace.
I never said anything about the cousins....

Since Harry was in military and William and Kate at college, they probably didn't spend that much time together. They knew each other, but "getting to KNOW someone" is a different thing.. That doesn't mean something.

As Skippyboo said, they don't have public birthday parties so we don't know one way or another.

I'm not saying they are super close. But none of us have evidence that they aren't close..
Old 02-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

When the engagement was announced for W&K, William and Harry didn't see that much of each other in the years prior. When William is at St Andrews, Harry is at Eton and on his gap year. William is 6 months behind Harry at Sandringham and the tank command course. Harry goes to Afghanistan. William does stints in the Raf and Navy and then switches to begin SAR training where the brothers share a house while Harry also starts flight training. Wills goes to Wales and Harry goes to Apache school and is posted at an base in Suffolk. When is Harry supposed to develop a relationship with his brother's girlfriend?

Also as just a girlfriend Kate isn't going to family events that she now goes to as a wife, but the 2 events that she goes to William's Garter induction and Peter Philips' wedding, she is pictured happily interacting with Harry.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry and Catherine are very close. He's even called her his "sister" because be thinks of her as his big sister. They've known each other for a long time.

I think this forum is way off topic now, lol.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Harry and Catherine are very close. He's even called her his "sister" because be thinks of her as his big sister. They've known each other for a long time.

I think this forum is way off topic now, lol.
It's not off topic. We are discussing Harry's preference to vacation with the Yorks over his own family. Some people are aghast at the idea that Harry could be closer to Andrew/Beatrice/Eugenie than Charles/William/Catherine. To me it's seems pretty obvious and I don't think it's dire news for the Wales family.

Next month it will be 10 years since Harry has vacationed with his brother or father. Thee horror!

Oh, yes his "sister". lol Btw, Harry also sings Camilla's praises, but I don't think he is all that close to her. I still laugh that the royal reporters were shocked and appalled that William and Harry didn't attend Mark Shand's funeral. Why would they?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Courtier

In 2013 Harry and his then GF (cousin Eugenie's good friend Cressida) joined his godfather's family for their annual Verbier ski trip.
In 2015 Harry joined his cousins Beatrice and Eugenie for a Verbier ski trip.
Can someone please list all of these other vacations that Harry has joined the York's on? I don't remember any - but I'm getting old and perhaps have forgotten.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Didn't Will and Harry go hunting in Spain a couple of years ago? Didn't they also do some bike trip together?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Play nice. We have no way of knowing how any of them "feel" and we are all just expressing opinions. Calm down. This all works so much better when we agree that we are nowhere near persuasive enough that we change one another's minds all that often.